Annie's Interview-->Kavita Kaushik

Posted: 18 years ago

"I find saas-bahu soaps artificial"

As the wily Porineeta in Zee's Tumhari Disha, Kavita Kaushik has made her mark in tellydom. She also plays a lawyer in Star One's Remix; was a part of Sony's Ye Meri Life hai and also anchors Zee's Kahiye To. Kavita Kaushik spoke to Misha Malhotra about her likes, dislikes and her experiences in tellydom.

Kavita: I hate bad actors

Can you tell us about your new show on Zee TV?
The show called Kahiye To comes on Zee TV on Sundays. It is just like Rakshanda's show on Sony Ab Aayega Mazaa. Here, I invite celebrities and chit-chat with them. This proves to be the best time for me to bond with my old friends whom I don't get to meet because of our busy schedules.

How do you prepare yourself for the show?
To be very honest, I haven't done any preparations for the show. The show doesn't follow a script. I just have to be myself. And that's not difficult at all.

Were you comfortable doing this show?
Yes, I was quite comfortable. As in, I didn't have to do any homework. Just go on the sets and then be very interactive. Off-screen also I love talking. Hence it came very naturally to me.

What part would you prefer playing?
Now, this is a very tough one. But let me try. There are many characters which I would like to play. I would love to play a cop, a Punjabi kudi (gir), a gaon ki gawar (an illiterate from a village). I believe it will be challenging and creative to do such roles.

How do you balance your time and your roles?
I am a very chilled out person. I don't like to take too many tasks at one time. So I generally do one at a time. Which as a result doesn't make my day so tiresome and I am satisfied with what I do. I just do those roles which are challenging and which excite me.

Kavita: I am myself on 'Kahiye To'

Are you looking at more films after the Saif starrer Ek Hasina Thi?
I want a break right now. Hence I am planning a holiday to Bangalore. There I would do river rafting at the Kaveri. Oh it's so exciting. This will happen sometime in June after which I will be deciding which more serials to take.

What are your likes and dislikes?
I am a very home loving person. I am very simple, I don't like partying much.

Would you like to be part of saas-bahu soaps?
I find them so artificial; I love parallel genre of soaps and cinema. I have also been a part of a telefilm, called Padalaxmi for Star One, which described one day of my life.

Are you basically from Mumbai?
Officially from Delhi. I shifted to Mumbai two and half years back. Mumbai is a very warm city.

How did you decide on coming to Mumbai?
I was just about to start my direction course at Jamia Milia, when I went for the auditions of Kutumb. I got selected and once I came here, there was no looking back.

Anything happening on your personal front...
I have no love life as of now. But I might get settled; say in two years or so.

oh...thanks for the article....dnt know her name was kavita

thanks for the article. she's Annie?? She doesn't look like either of the  Annie's. Is she the first one or the second one?😕

She doesn't like Saas Bahu soaps. How could she be so mean to the person who posted her article!😆

Edited by desi gurl - 18 years ago
i think shes the 3rd one...

thx for tha article  😃

yeh its the third annie

Originally posted by tafarruz

Ya..she's the 3rd Annie

Third Annie. I thought there were onli 2. Well its probably cuz i didnt watch a lot of the Pooja and Ronit seperated episodes and i missed a few and just read updates.

yea shez # 3 n if annie eva cumz baq itz ginna b #4 cuz kavita said she used to work in ymlh

btw wat waz her role inn kutumb.it waz a while baq n i dun remember her

thanks a lot for the article 

Originally posted by ~PaKi*PrInCeZ~

btw wat waz her role inn kutumb.it waz a while baq n i dun remember her

Her charecter's name was MONICA ...she came between Gauri and Hiten!😃