stpra thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Don't you think its too sudden for someone like Armaan to change overnight, without any major happenings in his life ?

Just few days ago he was hating Jassi and all of a sudden he is with her. Unless his brain collapsed, there is no reason he can become so nice and sweet .  I think its part of a major major conspiracy.

Agree guys ??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

giaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi,

I am also unsure of if Arman has genuinely changed😈...if he has that's great coz his whole....desperate act of trying to keep Jassi with Gulmohur was Soooo annoying.  that said....what is missing from Arman's change of heart is any form of justification...I mean don't they teach that in story writing 101!

There's lots of theories floating around in both Arman and Purab camps...but as producers shouldn't T and D give a strong motive for one of the main characters in the drama to change his stripes and that too so drastically!
Soooo either  this just the poor quality of show that they have decided to air or there is some "black in the lentils".

I don't  care what reason they show for his change ...we need to see him either talking to himself about it or showing some introspection  or something ....otherwise.....it's hard to trust this guy as we are all to well aware of his misdeeds and manipulative ways....so until there is a justification ...I will stay suspicious of Mr. Suri...for all we know he did invite Meenaxi 😡on the scene?  What say????
Edited by giaa - 19 years ago
stpra thumbnail

Hey Giaa,

Well said !!

Not sure if they want to show Armaan has really changed or it is just a trick he is playing, the writers/directors have failed in both ways. No big news, they have been doing it for long and people love it.

For a moment lets say they are considering building a consipracy plot. For all we know, the directors/Story writers etc in a bid to keep the viewers on edge of their seats and to build curiosity and generate thrill, perhaps might be trying few things out here.

But to me, this serial directors have failed everytime they have tried this stunt, for eg: I agree with you when you say the makers intent of inducing suspense into the story will be well served, if they show Armaan talking to himself or even some sort of a hint that viewers can look forward something different. 

But so far these makers have broken down the suspense in a dash which has really worked against them. They seem to build it with air-tight no holes plot and inflate it by making a big hole to take the air out instantly. Thats not good way of writing stories.

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

No I don't agree.

We were introduced to Armaan as an obnoxious guy who thought too high of himself.He thought all his decisions were always right.

Then came Jassi.Complete antithesis of what he liked in a girl.He was quick to recognise her capabilities but slow to realise her potential.He never thought Jassi had any other identity other than being Armaan's man Friday.

When that girl started dictating her own terms came the hatred as is wont to when someone you think you have done a favour to starts threatening your own position.However,simultaneously,somewhere down the line her vocal support and implicit trust in him worked it's way into his heart.

Then came the news of her engagement.Armaan never thought Jassi capable of any private life other than what was deemed by his own great self.He was suddenly faced with the harsh reality that Jassi had a world which excluded Armaan.Whether he loved her or not is not important here,but the fact that Jassi was important to him and he was on the verge of loosing her.

The final blow came in form of her accusations that he was a good for nothing slob who brought nothing but ruin to his company.And that she thought he was a theif .The fact that Jassi could think so low of him shook him to his roots.Jassi had become one person he soon realised whose opinion mattered most.That she had become a part of his life he couldn't bear loosing (reinforced by the dialogue to Purab at the party- aap wo hai jisne Jassi ko hamse cheen liya' or something similar).He went into retrospection and didn't like what he saw. 

Sometimes,something happens which might look silly or inconsiquential to others but leave profound effect on us. Here,I would like to share two incidents.My Bua's daughter resembled a sumo wrestler for the most part of her school life.No amount of admonishment would stop her overeating.Nothing seemed to bother her.In std 10th,she joined an art class.There,someone said something to her one day ( still a mystery).

That girl changed overnight.She went into a crash diet and lost almost 35 kgs within a month.Things came to such a head that she had to be hospitalised.But as no one could stop her eating,now no one could force her to eat.For the next 10 yrs,I never saw her eating more than one paper thin chappati,some dal and a megre tbs of sabji at lunch or dinner.She became anoxeric.Even a slight ripple on her practically non existent waist would throw her into fits.4 yrs back she got married.Had her 1st miscarriage due to anemia.It was only after her husband litterally threatened to leave her that she became a bit better.

Another one is that of my masi's son who was the biggest lazybones when it came to taking bath.Made the mistake of falling for a new girl in school who turned out to be the sports teacher's daughter.The teacher one day caught him on some pretext and warned him to keep away from students who didn't want to be friends with him because he was stinky and had the grubbiest neck they ever saw!!!

That guy was so humiliated that bathing became almost a ritual to him.It's almost 16-17 yrs now.He can go without anything today but not without a bath.Runs through a bar of soap in 3 days flat.He didn't get the girl,but he sure was cured of his laziness overnight for life😆

stpra thumbnail

Hi Minnie,

Interesting happenings. Thanks for sharing it with us. Well things happen in life.

And there is difference between life and screen. In life you get the kick which hits you hard and you realize its time to change. Thats what your bua's daughter and your masi's son did. Others don't need to realize that your cousins are going to change.

Its completely different on screen, when a person is shown different, it is important that they show him the causes for change very clearly as well.

As far as Armaan is concerned, you may have made a good observation but it is very microscopic.  If what you have observed is true, the directors have failed to depict it well enough to the audience, they have failed to make the point clear. 

Still we will take it. I'm sure all of us here agree from the day one of this serial, everyone is awaiting Jassi's makeover.  I honestly hope the directors don't screw that up. They need to put forward a very strong plot before they try the makeover.

Minnie thumbnail

As far as Armaan is concerned, you may have made a good observation but it is very microscopic.  If what you have observed is true, the directors have failed to depict it well enough to the audience, they have failed to make the point clear. 

I agree completely.They actually thought two episodes of his retrospection is enough to justify his change!!!!!!!!!!!!😆

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: stpra

Hi Minnie,

Interesting happenings. Thanks for sharing it with us. Well things happen in life.

And there is difference between life and screen. In life you get the kick which hits you hard and you realize its time to change. Thats what your bua's daughter and your masi's son did. Others don't need to realize that your cousins are going to change.

Its completely different on screen, when a person is shown different, it is important that they show him the causes for change very clearly as well.

Still we will take it. I'm sure all of us here agree from the day one of this serial, everyone is awaiting Jassi's makeover.  I honestly hope the directors don't screw that up. They need to put forward a very strong plot before they try the makeover.

Stpra...you stole my words....very well said....

Minnie that was interesting facts and thanks for sharing. It is amazing to hear such stories as I am waiting that to happen to few of my loved ones so they can change for better.....

Minnie thumbnail

It is amazing to hear such stories as I am waiting that to happen to few of my loved ones so they can change for better.....

Don't worry,Smisha,there are loads of others I wish would change for the better.But leave alone small incidents,even the monumental ones the size of Everest doesn't budge them😡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jprasad thumbnail
So nice to see that the show brings out such heart warming
stories.   ðŸ˜›
giaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Minnie,

I sometimes miss episodes of JJKN due to work so maybe I missed the two episodes of  introspection you are refering to....from reading your post i agree that the two incidents you pointed out could have provoked a change
in Arman ....but the fact that what caused the change is really up to the audience interpretation. ...isn't it?  Unless during these two episodes you mentioned we are given any clues to his need to change...