Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

2 | ArHi FF Resistance | COMPLETE (Page 37)

MsDroolKanthan IF-Dazzler
MsDroolKanthan
MsDroolKanthan

Posted: 22 January 2015 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
Meee

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ManKiBaathchotidesirulama

rulama IF-Sizzlerz
rulama
rulama

Posted: 22 January 2015 at 8:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chotidesi

I'm highly amused by all the speculations- they're seriously putting me in SUCH a great mood!

But I have a question for you guys- how many of you would be interested in a Q&A session? I would do it after this update, time TBD. But just so I have an idea.

Of course, I won't answer anything that gives away too much but... LOL

Sure.. Choti... Bring it on...
We know the place but just tell the time...Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ManKiBaathchotidesi

kiwikali Groupbie
kiwikali
kiwikali

Posted: 22 January 2015 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
I saw the tightrope teaser and thought of this song by Australian hip-hop artist Illy. The chorus goes:

It's like I'm walking on a tightrope
And every step could be the one where I fall
It's like I'm running with a blindfold
And I can't help but feel that I'm about to lose control.

(If you're going to go searching for the song, the rest of the lyrics aren't exactly child-friendly, if you know what I mean Wink).

Chokri_ASR IF-Rockerz
Chokri_ASR
Chokri_ASR

Posted: 22 January 2015 at 9:18pm | IP Logged

I'm highly amused by all the speculations- they're seriously putting me in SUCH a great mood!

But I have a question for you guys- how many of you would be interested in a Q&A session? I would do it after this update, time TBD. But just so I have an idea.

Can I come too? Oh please, pretty please...

I would put a gif, but my lazy ass is on the phone and refuses to move to get my laptop...

So just imagine one from the many I have LOL

..NeverGiveUp.. IF-Rockerz
..NeverGiveUp..
..NeverGiveUp..

Posted: 22 January 2015 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
Fabulous update

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chotidesi

rulama IF-Sizzlerz
rulama
rulama

Posted: 22 January 2015 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chokri_ASR

I would put a gif, but my lazy ass is on the phone and refuses to move to get my laptop...

ClapClapClap 
What a beautiful gif Jigs...Tongue
You have used a framed gif with an elaborate white moulding featuring lip and rabbet...Wink
Wonder where you could get such a pristine white one...!!!Shocked
Your gif is reminding me of a well known sci-fi novella of a writer of yore... H.G.Wells...LOL
Choti must be thrilled... Just like this...Big smile

ManKiBaathchotidesiChokri_ASR

Chokri_ASR IF-Rockerz
Chokri_ASR
Chokri_ASR

Posted: 23 January 2015 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rulama

Originally posted by Chokri_ASR

ClapClapClap 
What a beautiful gif Jigs...Tongue
You have used a framed gif with an elaborate white moulding featuring lip and rabbet...Wink
Wonder where you could get such a pristine white one...!!!Shocked
Your gif is reminding me of a well known sci-fi novella of a writer of yore... H.G.Wells...LOL
Choti must be thrilled... Just like this...Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rulama

chotidesi IF-Dazzler
chotidesi
chotidesi

Posted: 23 January 2015 at 9:55am | IP Logged

Khushi stepped into the kitchen, glancing at Sakshi. She desperately tried to contain the excitement within her, wanting nothing more than to bury her face in Sakshi's arms and tell her that she had finally found it, that elusive dream that she had never believed she would.

But how would Ma react to it? Would she be okay with her and Arnav? She had wanted her to marry NK but-

Khushi felt the beginnings of doubt creep up, but a quiet sob from Sakshi stilled her in her tracks. Khushi looked closer, seeing what her mother was fingering.

She was standing at the stove, fingering the cup that Anjali used gently. Khushi heard the faint sniffle from her and walked over, wrapping her arms around her in a hug.

Sakshi reached up, brushing Khushi's hair back as she continued to look out of the window, a sad smile on her face.

"It's so quiet without her, isn't it?"

Khushi nodded against her shoulder, the tears prickling at her own eyes. Sakshi sighed heavily, looking down at the cup.

"You will be gone too, and then... it'll just be me and Papa, in this huge house. What will we do without you both?"

She turned around, catching Khushi in her grasp as she wiped away the tears. Khushi held back her own, squeezing her mother's hand with a watery smile.

"Maybe I don't have to go..."

Sakshi gave her a reproving look, smacking the side of her head softly. Khushi stifled her laugh, grinning at Sakshi.

"Nahi, Khushi, it is the peril of a mother with daughters that she has to let them go someday."

Khushi shook her head, leaning against the older woman.

"Nahi Ma, but we will never leave you. You're stuck."

She pronounced, a mischievous grin on her face. Sakshi chuckled, rolling her eyes.

"What will you do, bring your husband here?"

"Nahi, but I could-"

Marry Arnav, and I would stay here.

Khushi broke off abruptly, biting down on her lip so hard that she left a deep groove. The words had nearly spilled out of her without a second thought, sounding so effortless.

They hadn't even thought of what to tell Ma and Papa. What would Ma and Papa think? Would they be okay with her and...

They, she mused. It was such an innocuous word, that seemed to mean so much, change so much. She had used it millions of times, but there was something novel about it amid the familiarity.

Khushi's brow furrowed worriedly, and she sighed, the thoughts spinning in her mind. She turned only to catch Sakshi looking at her expectantly, a curious look on her face. Smiling brightly, Khushi shook her head, directing her attention elsewhere.

"Papa and Arnavji must be waiting! We've spent so long in this kitchen..."

Sakshi started and immediately began bustling around, distracted. Khushi heaved a sigh of relief, the awkward moment forgotten amid the chaos of getting dinner ready.

But the thought lingered in Khushi's mind. The monster in the shadows became clearer, reminding her that she couldn't ignore him for long, no matter how hard she tried.

She walked into the dining room with that thought in mind, distracted as she took the subzi and began to serve.

How would they tell Ma and Papa? And there was still the matter of his job, what about that?

Would he tell her himself? Should she ask him...?

She felt a warm hand against her wrist and looked down, catching Arnav's gaze.

"Bas, Khushi, how much will you serve me?"

Arnav's words held a hint of humor but she didn't notice. She smiled tightly, murmuring an apology as she turned away, sliding into her seat across from him. His face clouded over and he glanced at her worriedly, watching her carefully.

He could see the apprehensiveness playing across her face, clearly distracted as she absentmindedly ripped a piece of roti and dipped it into the dal. He didn't know what was bothering her, but he knew something was.

And he hated it, hated the furrow between her brows. He wished he could hug her right then, reassure her that it would work out. Glancing around the table, his eyes fell on the rice.

"Khushi, could you pass me the rice?"

She looked at him oddly, seeing as the rice was easily within his reach. But he kept up an innocent facade, letting her hand the rice towards him.

She felt the press of his fingers against hers, and she couldn't help but smile at him, the tension leaving her body.

Ashok glanced between the two of them with a perceptive gaze.

Arnav urged Khushi to meet his gaze, and she looked up. As he took it from her, he held his fingers against hers, lingering for a moment too long. Her eyes widened and Ashok could see the surprise flash across her face. Arnav held her gaze, and her mouth parted in a silent gasp as she realized what he had been trying to do.

Ashok looked away, feeling as if he had accidentally wandered into a private moment. He felt vaguely like an elephant bustling through a museum, out of place and blundering, the intimacy stunning him.

Had Arnav asked her to marry him?

He looked between the two of them again, watching as they interacted. They were talking about something mundane... something that seemed to be dancing around what they both wanted to address.

He watched as Arnav gave her a smile, one that Ashok had never seen before. Arnav quickly covered it up, but it was too late, the uncharacteristic warmth already revealed.

He glanced over at his wife, but she hadn't said anything, participating in the conversation as if nothing was amiss.

But then, she always had the tendency to ignore what she wasn't willing to see.

He knew Sakshi held the same fears as him, that Arnav and Khushi's differences would create an abyss to deep to breach. She had pushed all thoughts of Arnav and Khushi being together out of her mind.

What would she say if she knew?

He knew she was aware Arnav wanted to go back to England, and knew Khushi would never want to move there. It was odd how the situation was reversed, he mused, since Sakshi was usually the emotionally connected one, and he the uncompromising logic.

But this time, he was allowing himself to believe in this, despite his fears, and she...

He paused for a moment, worry creeping up inside of him as he considered the possibilities, the logic unrelentingly forcing him to confront it.

If he had proposed, then had he told Khushi about his job?

Ashok studied them, trying to determine whether he had. He thought carefully for a moment before he spoke, worried his words would set off an avalanche that he wouldn't be able to stop.

He waited until there was a lull in the conversation before speaking, keeping his voice light, laced with a hint of nostalgia.

"It's so lonely without Anjali... and soon, Khushi will be gone too, and..."

Ashok fixed an unwavering gaze on Arnav as he spoke, watching his reaction carefully.

"And Arnav won't be here either."

He didn't miss the nearly imperceptible tick in Arnav's jaw as his words sank in, the way Arnav's eyes darted to a determinedly inscrutable Khushi.

There was a long, tense silence as Arnav and Khushi stared at each other, each one holding their breath. He saw the worry creep into Arnav's eyes as he wordlessly tried to get Khushi's mask to crack, but he didn't relax when she sent him a faint smile that didn't reach her eyes, remaining stiffly in position.

So he hadn't told her.

Ashok leaned back in his chair, the worry that had crept up became stronger as he looked between his two children. Dread joined the worry as he realized that this wouldn't be easy for them, not at all. He wished he could shield them from this all, berating himself for encouraging it, for letting it get this far.

If he had stepped in, would he have been able to change anything?

He didn't know.

She took the stairs two by two, but her heart wasn't racing because of the exertion. The tension clawed insistently at her, Arnav's silence from earlier ringing ominously in her mind.

He hadn't negated Ashok's statement about him leaving.

He hadn't said no.

Arnav's entire body had stiffened as he had immediately glanced at her, looking away quickly. She hadn't been able to shake that look off, the distinctly clear feeling that he hadn't intended for her to hear those words just yet.

"And Arnav won't be here either."

She glimpsed him sitting at the edge of the terrace as he had been so many times before, waiting for. His back straightened at the sound of her soft footsteps coming towards him, a heavy sense of anticipation lingering in the air.

She sat down next to him, kicking her feet over the edge, dangling them next to his. Her pinky touched his, their bodies separated but for this one, fragile connection between their two smallest fingers.

They waited in a full silence, the cool night air slowly moving over them. Khushi's fingers curled around the stones at the edge of the terrace, trying to keep the shiver in as the goosebumps appeared on her arm, her hair sticking straight up.

She took a deep breath, letting it out inaudibly, trying not to break the delicate air that seemed as if it would fracture if she made a sound.

She glanced over at Arnav, staring at his side profile. She could see the tautness of his jaw, his knuckles almost white as he gripped the edge of the terrace just as she was.

There was no missing the tension wrought throughout his body, the way his brow was furrowed in a rare show of restlessness. She could see him struggling in the low sound of frustration that came from his throat, his mouth twisted in irritation.

She slipped her hand over his, gently rubbing the whitened knuckles. He looked down at her wearily, the lines etched deep in his face. She reached up, running her hand down one as she traced over it, watching as his eyes closed.

She pressed a kiss to the side of his mouth, drawing her hand down the side of his face, feeling the rough stubble pull against her skin. Smiling, she adjusted his glasses, her hand stopping at the side of his ear when he pinned her with a dark gaze.

She gave herself to his touch, sighing in pleasure when his lips swooped down to take hers in a deep kiss. She felt reckless, sitting on the edge as he kissed her, her heart pounding as he set her aflame with the touch of his mouth.

He forcibly pulled himself away, knowing he wouldn't stop if he continued to kiss her. He groaned in displeasure, pressing a last, lingering kiss to her parted lips, silencing the annoyed whine from her.

They sat in comfortable silence, his fingers playing with hers. Their bodies seemed to fit together, her head fitting perfectly against his shoulder.

The silence grew long, each one of them lost within their own thoughts. She looked up at him apprehensively, the questions playing over and over in her mind.

She prepared herself, practicing the words silently on the tip of her tongue. She was oddly nervous, a mixture of emotions pooling in her stomach as she considered them.

"What is your dream?"

He started, turning to her sharply. He studied her, wondering why she was asking this question so out of the blue, but found nothing but earnest curiosity in her eyes. It seemed oddly out of place today, breaking the heavy silence with something so light.

She shrugged, giving him a wry smile.

I had to break it with something, didn't I?

He turned away silently, not answering her question. He could feel the answer hovering on his tongue, familiar and easy, the words forming on his lips. It had been what he had wanted since he was fifteen, and now, it was within his reach, his fingers grasping it.

England. Success.

But something stopped him from saying them. The words sounded untruthful, hollow to his mind.

It unsettled him, this new feeling of uncertainty. He wasn't supposed to feel this way about this, not about something he had always been so certain of.

What had changed? Why wasn't he able to say the words? Why did it suddenly seem as if his dreams weren't the correct dreams any longer?

He had always wanted this. He knew he had.

So why was he so uncertain?

"It's England, isn't it?"

Her soft voice, tinged with a hint of melancholy made his throat tighten. The words didn't sound right coming from her, making the restlessness discomfort worse.

He didn't like the way that sounded.

Why?

"You... you want to go to England, make a name for yourself. That's always been your dream, hasn't it?"

Yes. The word should have come easily to him, a confirmation to what she was saying to him, continuing in that halting, resigned voice.

But he found didn't want to confirm it. He fought with himself, trying to tell himself that she was right, that all he had to do was nod, say yes, confirm it somehow.

But he couldn't.

Damn it, why was he so uncertain of this?

"That's your dream, isn't it?"

She persisted, her voice oddly empty.

"To go to England, be successful?"

"Yes."

He forced the words out, his heart screaming as his mind won. He heaved a sigh of relief, but didn't feel it, his heart still tight and aching.

He saw her face fall, and he felt the piercing stab. He looked away, staring up at the twinkling stars, unable to look her in the eye.

"Is it necessary that you go to England to be... successful?"

"Yes."

He said shortly, still not meeting her gaze. He could feel her pain in the long silence, the way she seemed to shrink away from him. He slid his hand over hers, keeping it determinedly in place, close to him. Her fingers tensed underneath his, and he looked over to see her staring at him through pained eyes, a sad smile on her face.

He wished he could pull her into his arms and take it away, but he couldn't.

It would be better for them.

England was a much safer place to have a family. The broken system of India wasn't good enough, not for her, not for their family. There would be no under the table bribery just to get his kid into school, no deep class divides that split an entire nation into a million pieces that didn't quite fit together.

He had dreamed of this for too long, wanted it for too long to give up now.

"It's a better place, Khushi. I'll be more successful there, much more successful than I could ever be... here."

"You can make success wherever you go. The place doesn't determine your success, you do."

"Yes, but it is much easier to make your own success in some places."

"Can't you do the same here? Doesn't family make success too?"

There was a pause, and he searched her eyes. There was almost a pleading note to her voice, begging him to consider staying here, in India as if-

Did she know the whole truth?

The thought made him feel cold, his stomach tightening until it hurt to breathe.

"No, Khushi, it's not... it's not that easy. I could never reach the same heights, never end up where I dream of being."

She scoffed, her voice laced with hurt and anger.

"No, you just don't want to see it in this country, because you're so blinded by the glitter of them."

The disgusted accusation in her tone infuriated him, and he struggled to keep his anger in check, his voice deadly low.

"If I am blinded by them, then you are just as blinded by this place."

He felt her stiffen, her eyes flashing angrily as they stared at each other. She gritted her teeth, determined not to lose control of herself. Taking a deep breath, she nodded curtly, concentrating on the slowly dimming fury within her. She felt him slowly back away as well, shifting uncomfortably in his spot.

They were sitting on the edge, neither willing to push the other further. They didn't want to discuss it now, preferring to put it off for yet another day.

Instead, they turned back to stare out at the dark shadows that loomed in front of them.

Continued in next post.

Edited by chotidesi - 23 January 2015 at 10:59am

The following 129 member(s) liked the above post:

vpapababy2012zzll12khubthepelicanPantheraoncaprincessep13HugeArshiFansonpriya83raniushaChardonnaypriya4574Mapranineena2000Maitri12345puttiwipkfangirlVioletFlowerkiwikaliirama1sankadevi25ranahindMONAKARANnimkocutyanushkaArshinmegurukhushsunshineswirlnaj84sangeethbalagudiya74malfoysydyfanfollowerthumbiOng18cutie13savvzSuper.womanARSHI_FAN11tasmineArmelabrinnylOVENIxyzsmhasheyinamajarAishaqaiserMeeshaaliarshisimpleheadtotoeanjubuaAmita2014divya_divsalwaysarshiJeryladdicted25ipkndlover75anukap..Sri..sd..lg..brishti84..PT..Aish002SpoonaiTirtharupagreshusk2405mayurisb80Bavaririzibifsaal044barbiebalasakhter90BroknAngelOnlookerarchminkanarshiV3OdRaila1014shils28oshinchaudharymsmarplemeem17huny.thebestnik1310Anamika100hararnavN0306TwilightStar_JPbadfaith4ul.savitreesrain10sinceremeIronButterflyShru9tiAlai123luvbugsaschadesSS88MDTharunSweety012345rk2127sayari_sanki99lechuarshishalbiDhrenuPinky.RaizadaArshi67YaSha0512aaytaquagalvrindaguptaShamz94hajranu1017bhaktiiiArjuhisis..Anita..shalini_ssunitikapoorseeta_naipssnoopy84amaiayoga123-Roshini-canapoempup031chillyRasgulla_sp

Go to top