Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshi67 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Res

An absolutely brilliant peek into NK's mind Choti. You had me living through each ebb and flow of his feelings. I may not have agreed with what he did but I could understand him. The hot blood of youth chafing at constraints it has no patience with anymore. 

The whole ambience which you created as they waited to listen to Gandhiji's speech was superlative. The palpable nervousness blended with excitement and anticipation was goose bump inducingly perfect. 

I really liked the way you gave us a glimpse into NK's past as well, going some way in explaining the root of that anger simmering in him. His childhood scars having a bearing on the man today. His father's derision leaving a deeper impression than the gentle loving of his grandmother. "I'm proud of you." Words he yearned to hear from his father by all accounts, and words which uttered by his grandmother gave him the strength to do what he did. 

My heart broke for Khushi. Kitna kuch sehna pad raha hain usse. Now what? Will her "Aap" make it alright? 

And just so you know, I'm totally in awe of you and your writing my love  β€οΈ

Edited by Arshi67 - 9 years ago
nik1310 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail

I am stalking this thread...πŸ˜›

The scenario of the meeting, the gathering and the speech of Gandhiji part, brilliant & impressive...can visualize it too...going very well...NK ka character kind of absent all this while but has come now strongly i must say...so Khushi told him upfront that she will marry him...πŸ€ͺ  this girl na ...she seems to be very keen to move on...why ? 

πŸ₯Ί No Arnav khushi moments...valentine day bhi hai...all for a good cause ( πŸ€” ) I suppose...we are reaching the prologue now...

Enjoying your work ...
sspoorthy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update
waiting for next update
Edited by sspoorthy - 9 years ago
chotidesi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
I apologize for updating the title so late! I got pulled away as soon as I posted the update- the chapter is on the previous page!
Thank you for your support.

Love always,
Choti.
Mirabell thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
I will come back ... :)

Ah yes.. the lead into your prologue? The plot has certainly thickened.

Oh my dear dear NK.. he loves her, but he loves HER more.. his Maatr Bhoomi..

Looks like Khushi has made her choice, and Arnav is handed his choice [by Khushi] and NK has made his choice as well. How will the cards fall? This is truly intriguing now.

You've done it again Choti, you have presented your story with twists and turns, intrigue and heartbreak... with savvy and style. And.. it was a double update.. :)

And...That speech [by MKG] was well contextualized...

It was really well done.. Choti.. the story is coasting along well.. almost feels like its a lull before the storm. :)

Edited by Mirabell - 9 years ago
yoga123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I was excited and went back to the pre-independence era...where the youth looked upon Gandhiji and other congress leaders for guidance and how they would follow his foot steps in nonviolence...there were people like NK who thought nonviolence is of no use and we have to snatch our right from the british...poor khushi did not know what she has signed up by committing to NK...she even expressed her willingness to marry him...she thought that NK is a changed man and is willing to follow nonviolence...she has hoped to have a family with him...thought that he has same outlook as her...she is devasted right now...she would not have thought that of all the people NK would do that...I empathize with khushi...Brilliant chapter...thanks for the PM
1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Main bhi aa gayee ! 
The person who arrived at the end of the chapter has to be arnav.
Thanks for leaving us again with a cliffhanger.😑

The scene between NK and his grandmother was poignantly beautiful.
It was as though they were saying goodbye to each other.
NK has definitely not had an easy life.
Hope he lives to see an independant India.

This chapter was mostly about NK.
The guy definitely deserved this.
I admire his patriotism.
He wants independance for his country through any means.
And his young blood boils at injustice and he wants to fight the British.
Therewere so many young people who didnot believe in non violence.
He too is one of them.
I admire the guy.

Edited by 1chilly - 9 years ago
divya_divs thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amazing update πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ i can clearly visualise the whole scenario - NK's impatience for the impending freedom, his sacrifice, ahimsa movement, khushi's dreams of a perfect family getting shattered😭in all this, I can't help but pity NK...everything was described in detail and I enjoyed reading every part of the update πŸ˜› finally we have come to the present I.e: the prologue part where arshi meets in jail πŸ˜ƒ I am very eager 2 know what happens next πŸ˜Š thnku for the mail πŸ˜ƒ Edited by divya_divs - 9 years ago
hararnav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
well i dont want to blame NK for what he did... not everyone reacts the same way seeing their own people drowned in blood...
but wish he didnt givefalse hopes to khushi... she didnt deserve all tht.
am sure we r near the prologue chap,, and that aap is the ARNAV to spit out the venom.
now what? whrs aman and anji>? how will he feel when he learns tht anji and aman are also in the group
addicted25 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Choti, OMG! I felt every bit of those words so eloquently written. First NK, eager to hear that the Jalianwala incident had tipped the balance into a less peaceful demonstration of intent, of rebellion. NK is justifiably angry, but violence is not the way. We see this today as violence is hurting many relgions, not just the one they are fighting for and innocents are getting hurt instead. What I found more distressing was that he knew, Khushi his almost fiancee would never forgive him, instead of calming him , he almost blanked that all out hoping she would forgive him. He even managed to convince himself that his grandmother would be proud of him for hurting people intently. What effect will this have on his father, on his grandmother? Im thankful that Khushi wasnt hurt physically, but I suspect she will now realise that her own actions will have repercussions to her adopted family, who will think she knew about NKs plans. Will Arnav now take his family back with him? What happened to Aman and Anjali? Will Ashok survive?

So I take it that Arnav has arrived, and the prologue is about to commence. Too many questions. ? Cliff hanger time..Edited by addicted25 - 9 years ago