Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Ranveer, Varun or Sushant: Who will rule the box office in 2015? (Page 3)

BeingChevi IF-Sizzlerz
BeingChevi
BeingChevi

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Hard to say what will click but DDD and BM seem like sureshot winners - the latter has an ensemble cast pulling all fan groups and the latter has 2 top heroines with him. They should both do well critically and commercially
In terms of critical success I have a feeling that Sushant will outshine immensely. 

Varun will have moderate of both I feel which is great but Ranveer will rule commercially and Sushant will rule critically.

Edited by BeingChevi - 01 January 2015 at 11:19am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanSinghKumar

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BeingChevi

Hard to say what will click but DDD and BM seem like sureshot winners - the latter has an ensemble cast pulling all fan groups and the latter has 2 top heroines with him. They should both do well critically and commercially
In terms of critical success I have a feeling that Sushant will outshine immensely. 

Varun will have moderate of both I feel which is great but Ranveer will rule commercially and Sushant will rule critically.

seems so.. same thinkingSmile  except the fact that i think Ranveer will shine in Bajirao. He will be nominated for best actor for that role

Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 01 January 2015 at 11:33am
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Amongst the girls, next year is Anushka's- no doubt about it. Two big films with good directors, one heroine oriented film which seems promising so far. No other younger generation heroine has this kind of lineup. 
Amongst the guys, it isn't so clear. Some of the films mentioned are risky and some are clearly aimed at niche audience, so it's difficult to predict about their box office collection beforehand. On the other hand, Arjun and Sid have only one film next year (which is probably why only few took their names), but those films seem more commercial than some on this list. 

Next year the competition is surely going to heaten up!

BTW, is Fitoor confirmed for release next year?

Edited by nikitagmc - 01 January 2015 at 11:40am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ThatKidInABoxprincessunara

hotbollywoodnew Newbie
hotbollywoodnew
hotbollywoodnew

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Line ups 2015
ranveer

dil dhadkne do   
baji rao mastani

varun
badlapur
abcd 2

sushant
byomkesh bakshi
ms dhoni lyf mvie

commercially ranveer sing's bajirao mastani wil take over varuns both and sushants byomkesh bakshi + pair with deepika + bhansali already has given ram leela + ranveer singh's awesome pr strategy of linkup's with deepika 

ranbir kapoor can give ranveer a tough competetion with tammasha because bajirao and tamsha are relesing in dec 2015 but in this poll ranbir is not present

rank wise

1.ranveer singh (solid pr strategy+heavy money on publicity he will spend+bhansali+deepika fake linkup
2.varun dhawan (shradha kapoor+abcd 1 box office sucess)
3.sushant singh rajput (ms dhoni retriment factor can create curiousity among fans)

swati82

BeingChevi IF-Sizzlerz
BeingChevi
BeingChevi

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

Originally posted by BeingChevi

seems so.. same thinkingSmile  except the fact that i think Ranveer will shine in Bajirao. He will be nominated for best actor for that role

Of course. When I mentioned the 2 heroines - I meant that they will bring buzz, fangroups and Ranveer-Deepika did a previous 100crs and talks about their private life will also be flying around.

Sid's Brothers will do well. It has Akshay in an action role which is his forte and Sid has a big fan base, he'll be returning after a period (EV) to screen.

KhanSinghKumar

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

In the girls, next year is Anushka's- no doubt about it. Two big films with good directors, one heroine oriented film which seems promising so far. No other younger generation heroine has this kind of lineup. 
Amongst the guys, it isn't so clear. Some of the films mentioned are risky and some are clearly aimed at niche audience, so it's difficult to predict about their box office collection beforehand. On the other hand, Arjun and Sid have only one film next year (which is probably why only few took their names), but those films seem more commercial than some on this list. 

Consider me not a ranveer fan, tell me why among guys, it's not clearLOL.

He has DDD which u considered for Anushka too! He has BM for critics like Anushka has BV.

For Varun, Sushant or Sid to overtake him, his both movies need to flop. The chances appear very low.
What's your take?

Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 01 January 2015 at 11:46am
krackjack Senior Member
krackjack
krackjack

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Sushant's movies could do well commercially why just critical acclaim? LOL  
I'm sure YRF or Dibakar do not want to settle for critical acclaim or similar stuff. DBB might not look out and out commercial but it's somewhat a 'commercial' flick only. Coming to MSD biopic, if the producers go berserk promoting it, there's a nice possibility of it doing well. LOL

All in all..I want both Sushant's and Anu's movies to do well commercially. Not just critically. Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanSinghKumarnikitagmcprincessunara

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

Originally posted by nikitagmc

In the girls, next year is Anushka's- no doubt about it. Two big films with good directors, one heroine oriented film which seems promising so far. No other younger generation heroine has this kind of lineup. 

Consider me not a ranveer fan, tell me why among guys, it's not clearLOL.

He has DDD which u considered for Anushka too! He has BM for critics like Anushka has BV.

For Varun, Sushant or Sid to overtake him, his both movies need to flop. The chances appear very low.
What's your take?

For Anushka, competition is low next year. No other younger heroine has two big films like her, (DP has BM and Tamasha but I think here discussion is about those who have debuted later, right? Hence not including her here) Alia has udta Punjab (niche) and shandar, while shraddha has only ABCd2 so far. Pari has nothing so far. Kirti.. Hmm.. Singh is bling ka kuch bol nahi sakte pehle se. You cannot compare these two to DDD and BV, which will at least make 100 crore each I think. Sonam too has a big film next year but like DP, she is not considered in the same group as anu, alia shraddha. 
So that makes Anushka a clear winner, unless Bombay velvet sinks really badly and is not able to make even 100 crores. 

Now, for the boys, its not clear bcos all of them have some tricky films which could go either way, such that one outshines the other. 
Ranveer- DDD will do well, no doubt about that. But if BM clashes with Tamasha, Raees , aamir's next or any other film for next year (there are rumours) , collections could be affected no matter how good the film is. Christmas is a golden period, I doubt any superstar would let it go so easily.
On the other hand, the MSD biopic is a two edged sword. It can be really big, or it can crash and burn. About DBB, I'm not sure how much to expect. It's niche, yet commercial, and response has been very good so far. YRF seems to have big plans for this one. That's why I said one cannot predict how far this will go in terms of BO.

Badlapur is a niche film, so not sure how much to expect for that but again it could surprise us like kahani did. ABCD2 is commercial though not as big as some others on the list. 

Sid has Brothers with Akshay which seems total commercial fare and is big budget too, if another of his films manage to get shot by then, then again, it could change equations. Or if Brothers doors better than ABCD2 and badlapur combined, then sid would be higher on the list.

As I said, ranking 1 2 3 for the guys isn't so easy cos it isn't easy to predict outcome of some films. 

Edited by nikitagmc - 01 January 2015 at 1:03pm

KhanSinghKumar

Go to top