Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: KhanSinghTomar

Consider me not a ranveer fan, tell me why among guys, it's not clearπŸ˜†.

He has DDD which u considered for Anushka too! He has BM for critics like Anushka has BV.

For Varun, Sushant or Sid to overtake him, his both movies need to flop. The chances appear very low.
What's your take?

For Anushka, competition is low next year. No other younger heroine has two big films like her, (DP has BM and Tamasha but I think here discussion is about those who have debuted later, right? Hence not including her here) Alia has udta Punjab (niche) and shandar, while shraddha has only ABCd2 so far. Pari has nothing so far. Kirti.. Hmm.. Singh is bling ka kuch bol nahi sakte pehle se. You cannot compare these two to DDD and BV, which will at least make 100 crore each I think. Sonam too has a big film next year but like DP, she is not considered in the same group as anu, alia shraddha. 
So that makes Anushka a clear winner, unless Bombay velvet sinks really badly and is not able to make even 100 crores. 

Now, for the boys, its not clear bcos all of them have some tricky films which could go either way, such that one outshines the other. 
Ranveer- DDD will do well, no doubt about that. But if BM clashes with Tamasha, Raees , aamir's next or any other film for next year (there are rumours) , collections could be affected no matter how good the film is. Christmas is a golden period, I doubt any superstar would let it go so easily.
On the other hand, the MSD biopic is a two edged sword. It can be really big, or it can crash and burn. About DBB, I'm not sure how much to expect. It's niche, yet commercial, and response has been very good so far. YRF seems to have big plans for this one. That's why I said one cannot predict how far this will go in terms of BO.

Badlapur is a niche film, so not sure how much to expect for that but again it could surprise us like kahani did. ABCD2 is commercial though not as big as some others on the list. 

Sid has Brothers with Akshay which seems total commercial fare and is big budget too, if another of his films manage to get shot by then, then again, it could change equations. Or if Brothers doors better than ABCD2 and badlapur combined, then sid would be higher on the list.

As I said, ranking 1 2 3 for the guys isn't so easy cos it isn't easy to predict outcome of some films. 

Edited by nikitagmc - 9 years ago
.Intoxicated. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
among guyz, sid and ranveer
among girls anushka
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: KhanSinghTomar

YEP.. interesting coz arjun was the most successful among the actors in 2014, with gunday and three states both hits. don't know why industry doesn't have faith upon him πŸ˜†

Haha yeah but he got lucky in those films...his co-stars walked away with most of the praise!! 
Difficult to gauge the others...badlapur's looking good but it's hard to pinpoint how it's gonna go at the box-office abcd 2 should be a box-office success ...sushant has good films and hopefully they'll turn into commercial success...fairly sure ranveer will succeed at the box-office...brothers should also do good but it's releasing between a salman khan and srk film so also difficult to gauge...out of these guys it think it's gonna be ranveer's year!!
I think Ranveer is the choice πŸ˜³πŸ˜³
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Anuveer for the win!!
But do not forget the dimpled Piku *wink wink*
Man they all have good projects in hand and none are mindless flicks. So I am looking forward to all of them, but Sushant's Byomkesh intrigues me more...
Chikni.Kamli thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Ranveer,,he will surely rise
_InVogue_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=nikitagmc
Amongst the guys, it isn't so clear. Some of the films mentioned are risky and some are clearly aimed at niche audience, so it's difficult to predict about their box office collection beforehand. On the other hand, Arjun and Sid have only one film next year (which is probably why only few took their names), but those films seem more commercial than some on this list. 

[/QUOTE]
Dont think so.Arjun is nowhere mentioned in this list.Every trade analyst took Sid's name except for Ashish Patel...well he didnt take Varun's name either.Most of them seem to think Varun & Sid are neck to neck while Sushant is unconventional in movie choices(hence stands out) & Ranveer has an upper hand.

Sid has only one release next year,but very glad to see,unlike in IF,in real world he is relevant for trade, considered a competition in the race and isnt written off like Arjun,Ayushmaan et all
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: .Samaara.

you are right. intelligent Sid fangirl

d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Anushka has good line of movies for release. What movies is Alia doing?Sonakshi is a lost case.
Yay for Ranveer. Varun and Sid can be tolerated on screen too.  Sushant will be awesome in that Bakshi movie.
Edited by .Elixir. - 9 years ago
Previous
1 2 3