Ye Hai Mohabbatein

India-Forums

Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

Serial promoting misuse of section 498A, false domestic violence case (Page 2)

vmukesh Groupbie
vmukesh
vmukesh

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:44am | IP Logged
Well as per Supreme Court of India's recent judgement more than half the cases filed under section 498A are false and misuse of section 498A is becoming a major reason for increase in divorce rates in India. So misuse of section 498A is prety much in fashion already it does not need any promotion.  

-Gan- IF-Sizzlerz
-Gan-
-Gan-

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yjain18

Well, I am a huge fan of the show and whole of my family..
In the recent episodes, mihika is shown to take revenge with Ashok and his brother.
Of course these both guys deserve some sort of punishment.

But the way mihika is blackmailing both of them in the name of police is not justified..

Like she always keep saying that if you wont follow me, I will call police and put a case on you for domestic violence by family and sent to jail. And by these, both of the powerful brothers runs away in fear.. And ofcourse we do have a law like that.

Show is watched by lakhs of people. And this may encourageany women to take on there family by blackmailing..

What's your view everyone..!!!

Agree with you 100% .. Some laws are to prevent the crime/ protect the victim  and should not be used to encourage people misusing it... This should not be condoned in a show which has such a healthy audience following ..I was upset even Mihika's line of thinking of making Suraj, Ashok dancing in Xmas party.. Their humiliation is  similar to what happened to Ishita .. That's really making trivial of two very serious issues: sexual assault and domestic violence... I was surprised as it's written by a woman, screenplay by a woman and the Ph is led by two women... And it's telecast in the channel whose tag line is 'nayi soch' ..this line of thinking if anything is pure callous thinking. Period

Edited by GanBarunFan - 01 January 2015 at 10:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yjain18

sunitas123 IF-Dazzler
sunitas123
sunitas123

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by serendipity.

Wacko
LOL
Its just a show. Theyve shown so many things... and all that the villains do is usually wrong, that doesnt mean it is being promoted na!? LOL sab kuch perfectly sense making nahi dikhaa sakte Embarrassed

I know Mihikas police jhaap is annoying... but i mean its there, fiction hai, take it with a pinch of salt ;)

the point is they want the villans to go on till the show ends. So they wont put them behind bars, no matter what crime they commit. So the 3 goons r free where as even ishita landed behind bars! They shud have ben punished for molesting that time itself, then Mihika crap plan wont happen, then the show wont happen. hence they need to show silly things...
samspriyanka09 Senior Member
samspriyanka09
samspriyanka09

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
Ashok and Suraj did the same thing with Mihika by falsely blackmailing her regarding suraj health in hospital and getting married to her. 
Raatri Goldie
Raatri
Raatri

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 1:21am | IP Logged
100 % agree...i strongly felt same after watching yesterday episode...and felt to make post...but glad u did it...
...after hearing it repeatedly from mihika's mouth...i feel very bad...as the serial is making fun of this important act...
this kind of showing will just lose the essence of the act and the people behind it which have actually helped the many needy women...

i hope...CV...should consider this and not use it just for the sake of bakwaas drama!

Go to top