Posted: 01 January 2015 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sharif.Badmaash

dialouge delivery is by far the best
agree wid this line...

IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
Are you talking strictly acting talent or a combination of acting and adulation and respect by fans or even colleagues?  

In case of the latter it's Amitabh Bachchan no questions asked.  The love, respect and iconic status that he has has been unmatched and will remain unmatched probably in my life time. And by unmatched I don't mean just unmatched by Aamir Khan, I mean unmatched by any one older than him or younger than him.  There will never be another like him.  

Now strictly talent is kind of a tougher one.  For one thing Amitabh Bachchan started two decades earlier and his youth and prime was in the good era of Bollywood.  Aamir's youth and prime (not that I think he's old now but you guys know what I mean) was in the horrible 90s era of Bollywood.  

AB is amazing and phenomenal in Viruddh and Paa.  Aamir Khan is phenomenal and amazing in 3I and Rang De Basanti.  DCH and Lagaan came out in the same year and were too distinctly different characters. Obviously so are characters AB played in K3G and Viruddh.  I can go on and on with these examples and I think the debate can be a very interesting and enlightening one.  Each of us probably saw and took away something different from each and everyone of these performances.

If I must choose I'll say AB.  That doesn't mean that I don't think Aamir Khan won't be able to handle the challenging roles AB has done.  It simply means that I haven't seen him in those type of roles.  AB is older so now he has the advantage of being offered a whole genre of roles to showcase his talent. Aamir Khan cannot play Deepika or John Abraham's father lol. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Arsal-

IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 3:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by BloodyHypocrite

Big B
why u think big b is better??D
more versatile, has a terrific screen presence , dialouge delivery is by far the best amongst any BW actor.

I'm reminded of this one interview Aishwarya gave a year or so ago where she said when Pa walks onto a movie set or stage or any such platform that's it, everything stops and all attention is on him.  

I can't really disagree with your statement here SB.  
KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
Amitabh Bachchan hands down. members should stop comparing recent amitabh movies (paaLOL) with aamir's movies, that's so stupid. Compare the movies during their prime and analyze the screen presence of both.

Paa k paas Don, Deewar, Trishul, Kala Patthar, Sholay, sharabi, amar akbar anthony, agneepath, black, Zanjeer, Namak Haram, Majboor, Kabhi kabhi, herapheri, muqaddar ka sikandar, Mr. Natwarlaal, laawaris, aur paa hai...  too long to list.

I have watched almost all Amitabh movies and i have watched almost all aamir khan movies.
I think aamir's range and versatility pales compared to big B. 

Those fiery dialogues of Bacchan are enough to grab my attention while i watch him, forced perfection of aamir is great among his contemporaries but wouldn't hold a candle in a scene with Big B...bachchan's expressions have stayed in my mind like a glue even after 30 years..

why would u even compare? LOL

The only person who beat Bacchhan was Dilip kumar himself, frame by frame in Shakti. That day when i watched this movie, i understood why Dilip kumar is the ultimate actor for all of bollywood actors, be it Naseerudin shah, be it srk, be it aamir, be it bachchan himself

Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 01 January 2015 at 5:18pm
Sahirkhan Senior Member
Sahirkhan
Sahirkhan

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
BIG B is in his late 70's..hs a lgend now..aamir is 49...big b played paa when he was 67...Aamir cant be compared to big b.but if u go by types of movies qnd setting records then aamir is miles ahead..big b worked in same type of genre in every movie..action-drama...his real acting talents came through black and paa which were in 60's...i cant imagine BIg b playing P.K or bhuvan of lagaan...
both are legends of indian cinema for me..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Arsal-IAmLuvBolly

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Between Big B and ANYONE...its always Big B.
AriVeerAT Goldie
AriVeerAT
AriVeerAT

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
Big B because Aamir is still going to give at least fifteen more years of spectacular performances, then we can compare their careers and acting. 

IAmLuvBolly

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AriVeerAT

Big B because Aamir is still going to give at least fifteen more years of spectacular performances, then we can compare their careers and acting. 

Good point.

Lets wait till they are at a similar stage.

AriVeerAT

Go to top