Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar | Some thoughts.. (Page 6)

---jais--- IF-Dazzler

Posted: 05 January 2015 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Happy new year Abhay and everyone here.
I just come today and saw your post. After a long time you have made any post in this forum.
Before JA i watched some few serial but never addicted like this the way i was addicted to jodha akbar and i watched jodha akbar continously 1 year jo pehle maine kbhi nahi kiya.
They had a very good story. Good actors with acting wise and looks. They had a readymade story where they could did a little bit NR and the show would run maximum 2 or 3 three years only on jodha akbar but alas ekta miserably failed to make this show wonderful historical show. And zee and ph want to cash the SA story in the popularity of Rajat and paridhi but they forget how much viewers love the actors but they always want a good story not any crap.
My desire to see jodha akbar story on tv is remain unfullfilled. And i just hope as like you said any other PH and any other channel make a show on jodha akbar with using correct fact and a liitle bit drama.
And i forget to add one line i have stopped watching this show long time back so seriously donot know what is happening in this show .
Btw nice post abhay.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RadhikaS0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 06 January 2015 at 3:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by history_geek

Originally posted by RadhikaS0

This concept of leap is entirely out of place. The show is Jodha Akbar but they are dishing out Salim Anarkali. You were promised something else by the makers and served something else.

I have read many posts on the other thread posted yesterday, just now, it is amazing to see that a TV show came very close to hearts of so many people. Yes, it was complete magic. The episodes of 2013 were Nothing short of a spell. The show had a lot of potential.

Anyways, the CV's are doing this on a purpose, destroy JA and bring SA, the tweets of the CV show it. When any thing is asked, the reply is, they can show anything as per their whims and fancies, as they have a "disclaimer"..This is perhaps the first show where a disclaimer is cited to destroy the show, otherwise, citing a disclaimer they can show many things to their advantage. Isn't it.?.

Most likely, SA has been introduced to keep pace with a rival show started recently. But I would say the destruction had started even before the leap with the Atifa/Khyber track, the Chittor war, deaths of HH...Nothing clicked for JA after Atifa and Khyber entered the show and especially after Maham died. The CVs couldn't drag Maham's role forever. And they couldn't get another villain to replace her successfully. MC Begum didn't get anyone's vote. AK was dead. The CVs didn't know what to do with SD beyond showing him as a lech. 

They tried hard with Ruq and they got everyone to hate her and want to see her punished. But a successful villain needs strong positive characters to act as counterfoil and needs to be shown to meet his/her nemesis. Neither of these factors was included by the CVs in the script. 

Looking beyond villains, the CVs needed to develop the relationship between Jodha and Akbar further into a strong bond, which they couldn't. Ekta could very easily have consulted film-makers from her father's time who knew how to handle mature relationships among married people. The CVs had absolutely no clue what to do with the hero and heroine once they had confessed their love and had become parents too. Result --> pathetic blame games and MUs.

Sticking to history required a massive budget both for research and for authentic sets / war scenes etc. Hence the makers refused to move out of the harem or show anything which required a new set or extra money to be spent. Research was replaced by fantasy which was quite easy since they already had a disclaimer. 

The leap may have been introduced because of all these reasons. A love story means that they don't need expensive sets, historical research or major villains. The father (Akbar) can be turned into the villain. And the show can go on, riding on the success of the initial product. 

I wonder why RT and PS are still continuing and that too in silence, since they must be aware how hurt fans feel by the changed storyline. The CVs have become arrogant, flushed with the success of the show. And can issue any statement and dish out anything in the name of JA. But the face of JA, the actors who are loved and respected so much, they also owe it to their fans to explain what is happening and why.

As it was mentioned in another thread, the makers are accountable for the show to the audience. I feel the actors should be accountable too, considering how much adulation we give them and considering it is we who make them popular stars.     

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ashpat IF-Dazzler

Posted: 06 January 2015 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
Happy New Year to you and all other friends in forum!
Aplogies for being little late as I finally got internet connection today at new home after 2.5 weeks.

The last time I had seen few scenes of  Akdha or JA was when Young Salim gets kidnapped. I caughtt up with WU from that episode and I am shocked, disappointed and angry. Since Hussein death, JA was in the drains but at least Akdha were the focus and main leads but after reading Wu, i feel cheated by cvs and makers of JA that ey decided to focus on SA rather than Akdha. I read few posts regarding new actors and they were not impressive and i cannot say anything without seeing them. But, my problem is not the new actors but the characters they play. I want to see Akdha (PariJat) and their journey not SA. Yes, showing Salim was ineveitable but they could have showed so many tracks of Akdha's life first ( which you had listed here in this forum before)  than show Salim growing up and his important parts of life fromAkdha's pov. Why the rush to show SA.? I do not get it. Ok if there were budget constraints then they should have thoug about it before hand or ended it before ruining akdha's story. They are using Akdha and Parijat's popularity to show SA. this is why the TRPs are so low. If they had gracefully ended JA and then showed SA as new show, I am pretty sure many viewers would have given chance including hardcore Akdhians/parijatians like me. Yes, I LOVE Akdha and Parijat most but at least i would have try to give them a chance rather than now when I am going to only catch AKDHA SCENE online. Actually, i have been doing that Since Salim was born. 

I am really disheartened to see how CVS and EK have turned my most
 favorite show from gold to garbage. Now, I am mad at myself that why did I let myself addicted to it. It is sadly funny in a way because When JA had started, I had watched few scenes in beginning before JA wedding,  and found Pari as jodha little simple and Rajat little creepy as akbar so did not wqtch regularly ( althought i had liked rt in tere liye and pari in ruk jana nahi). When i found out EK was producing JA, that had really prevented me from watching regularly because I had seen her shows before and she always ruins her own shows although she is best at selecting leads for her shows and that is how she lures audiences and then when they are hooked she starts showing crap and destroys her own show. Well,msame thing happened with JA, i caught promos again of JA wedding week and then started liking Akdha and Parijat and got hooked on to the pair and the show when I saw Jalal coming into Jodha's tent on first night on way to agra when jodha tried to stab an intruded who turns out to be. 

After this there was jo turning back for me, i spent hours watching repeat, Waiting for promos, discussing each and everything about JA/akdha/parijat, reading all brilliant analysis and reading each first post of all threads until page 10 everyday and eneded up reading all posts on a particular thrad if found interested. I even remember how i started hating weekend before there was no JA lol. I used to try to read LU during break in classes or work and used to be irritated until i do not watch JA espeiclaly if the episode was a great /happy/romantic kind. this show and PariJat as akdha became part of life that it started affecting my moods too and whenever any kind of rumors came of JA shutting down or pari quitting i used to pray that it does not happen and now i cannot believe I want JA to shut down or at least PariJat to quit JA.  I really wish Parijat get better offers and wish best for them. The logical part of me had stopped me two times to not watch EK show but I do not know what and how I got pulled to this beuatiful story and pair again and again. It really breaks my heart to think that this magical story of Akdha could have been so so so much better if other PH or EK had showed all important life evetns of Akdha. I am really getting choked with overwhelming emotions to think what could have been and what it has become...

I am sorry for this long rant but i wanted to pour my heart out and what better post than this one...

Jodha Akbar, Akdha and Parijat will always be absolute favorites and most loved for me. i will watch only Akdha duet scnes as long as PariJat plays them...

Edited by ashpat - 06 January 2015 at 8:44pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

history_geek IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 February 2015 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
All the posts in this thread clearly signify that there are many members who want JA to be the lead.
The present track seems to be one such track. I have myself not watched the episodes by now, but from reading the updates/reviews the episodes look back on track.

The CV's seem to have understood the importance of JA.
Do start watching and come back for one last time for the leads. :))

Go to top