Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar | Some thoughts.. (Page 5)

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 03 January 2015 at 1:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by justlovetv

Hey Abhay! Hope you had a great New Year!Big smile
As you can see, this forum has turned into a war zoneLOL, with JA fans having the obvious majorityLOL

EK and her CVs have done a really cheap thing by introducing SA in JA. Its just a ploy to cash-in the popularity of her leadsDead

But as the TRPs reflect, the audience hasn't taken to this track very kindly. I am just hoping JA shuts shop soon. Its too much of a torture to watch. As you rightly said, this show had a certain pull, and we couldn't stop ourselves from seeing it. But it has been reduced to a pitiable state. 

The worst part is that the current track is completely fictionDead. EK's historians probably left because she was taking too many liberties.

But seriously, the show, which was at the 1st position at one time, of out of the top ten now. EK will repent heavily. The CVs should write a book on 'How to destroy a popular and beautiful historical'Clap

And I also would love to see this beautiful story again, but with a different producer of course. A concluded mythological show was remade and the response to the remake was far better than the original!

I am hoping that some years down the line, we get a JA remake with new leads, and a story inspired from real accounts and which focuses only on Akbar-MUZDay Dreaming. It would be really nice to see all the parts of the pilgrimage and war trips which EK CVs ignored.

The story's popularity is very evident from the popularity it has not only nationally but also internationally. A remake some years later would surely be received very well!Big smile

Hi Samanika,
Thanks for your views. As usual, well said..

Though, one thing which still cracks me up is that, is it too much to ask for focus being on Jodha Akbar in a show which is named after them.?. And along with that, i did not like the new actors roped in to play SA.

Yes, Jodha Akbar any day, will be a hit, the masses love this story, as can be seen from the movie and this show.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Abi23Charu.SRadhikaS0SpringBreakersSindhuMenonvarunx

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 03 January 2015 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KDR81

Oh My God Abhay...
     After ages we see you here and frankly speaking it's the same with me too...!! LOLLOLLOL
A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL HERE ...Big smileBig smile

Yes, we all know the fictitious things shown here are sometimes getting on out nerves ...but it's a serial na..!! they need their fodder too for the TRPs...Tongue
 So let's try to ignore the OTTs and focus on the wee-li'l glimpse of JA romance...EmbarrassedSmile

Regards,
Kamal

A very Happy New Year to you too.
Glad to see you here. Even i came back after long time.  :)

It seems the CV's have planned to execute{or create} all the Love stories and show them, except that of JA. LOL

Even TRP's are falling. :-P

Edited by history_geek - 03 January 2015 at 10:37am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Abi23Charu.SRadhikaS0SpringBreakers

RadhikaS0 IF-Dazzler
RadhikaS0
RadhikaS0

Posted: 03 January 2015 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Hi Everyone,
It's been so good to see many old friends back on this thread :) Made me nostalgic about the time when there would be never-ending discussions and arguments and speculations about the characters, tracks and everything related with the show. I am yet to see a reasonable number of people saying they like the SA story on this forum. 

I don't know the reason why the CVs went for the Big Leap. But if they HAD TO, they could still have retained the charm and quality of the show and retained the importance of JA. The SA story could have been narrated from the JA perspective. This way the focus would have stayed on the leads and the leap could have been effected too (for whatever reason it was needed). 

The other day, I was switching channels and briefly caught a glimpse of JA in the tribal track. I was unfortunate enough to see a boat scene in which Salim is with a girl and steadies her from falling over. I have no idea who that girl is supposed to be but the two were looking pathetic. They reminded me of the old DD serials. LOL  And the scene was nowhere close to any of the boat scenes we saw of JA in terms of cinematography, dialogues, acting or chemistry. 

Secondly, if the CVs go for a leap, they must have the courage to go thru with it completely, including aging their popular (former) leads - RT and PS. It is absolutely silly to make the parents look the same as they did on their wedding day even after they have celebrated their silver wedding anniversary. 

I don't mind if they show Anarkali. After all, we have tolerated Atifa in the past. But some quality, some dignity, some maturity isn't too much to ask for. Or is it? 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

angie321CoolpreeAbi23Charu.SSpringBreakershistory_geekSindhuMenonpreetgurti

angie321 Groupbie
angie321
angie321

Posted: 03 January 2015 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Hi AbhaySmile
Happy New Year to you and everyone!!Great post.Smile

From the written updates it's clear that Jodha and Akbar's love story has run its course.They are mere spectators/matchmakers/cupids/anti-cupids whose whole world revolves around the new lead Salim. Since the production house is only capable of showing the love story of a lead pair(which has already been achieved),unlimited plots against Jodha and presence of new girls in Akbar's life in the form of Ben and Atifa(also achieved),they ran out of ideas and introduced Salim where they can show the love angle(their comfort zone) of Salim and his lady/ies again and again.They aren't capable of showing the political growth of Akbar and Jodha.

The part where Maan Bai,Jagat Gosain and Anarkali were introduced as friends got me wondering if I'm actually watching a supposed royal,16th century story of Jodha Akbar and family or a spoof made of the show by a person with a "not so good" sense of humour with a grudge against the show.The show is climbing new heights of ridiculousness.

The story of Jodha and Akbar is magical and, as you said, loved by huge masses.I would have liked the show to be centered around them till the end with Salim's story being a "part" of it rather than being the exclusive limelight/focus of the story.

Edited by angie321 - 03 January 2015 at 1:17pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

CoolpreeAbi23RadhikaS0SpringBreakershistory_geekSindhuMenonpreetgurti

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 03 January 2015 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
RIP a serial with a good potential Cry
RIP a serial with fantastic leads (looks and acting-wise!) Day Dreaming
RIP a serial that attracted National awards and International attention! Clap
RIP a serial with readymade script capable of rivalling the longest/intriguing-est Saas Bahu Sagas out there LOL
RIP the only historical that reached NO.1. spot across all channels and serials (When was the last time this was achieved??? B.R. Chopra's Mahabharat??LOL I could be wrong...)
RIP a serial that had the potency to show male and female leads as BOTH equally strong! Geek
RIP Jodha Akbar!!!

Now that we've finished with the wishes... wishing you a very Happy New Year Abhay Embarrassed

Edited by lashy - 03 January 2015 at 1:28pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Coolpree_SJM_Charu.SAbi23---jais---Donjashistory_geekSindhuMenonSpringBreakers

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 04 January 2015 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MPMANU

Hi Abhay...Happy New Year to you and othersBig smile
I agree with with what all you have said. For me the show ended when the twins passed away

When Jalal blamed fully Jodha for the dead of the twins and punished her for years by not talking to her...

(Red@ writer or creatives or producer or...)

I dont know how to go forward. i think i should just suicide. Suicide...Suicide not ( imagine...like love me, love me not... while plucking rose petals one by one)

When they showed Chithoor war with ridiculous justification and reunion of JJ  with zero apology from Jalal to Jo...

I have come to conclusion that I shall suicide. I'm 100% sure.

When Salim is 9 years old and Ruks committing the ultimate crime of drugging the child who calls her badi ammi and going scott free...

Now the question is how to suicide. Should I use a rope to hang myself? Should I take poison? Should I inject myself with air?

Finally, the inevitable leap with so many new characters( all fic or non-fic but have been mentioned before in this 400 years). New generation, new LOVE STORYConfused with no spark what-so-ever...

Yes, I'm suiciding but why should I do it silently and safe some dignity. There must be dramatization and elaborate planning. Lets die with style, baby

Their plan is to jump from 100th floor of a high rise building with media around, helicopter hovering, all kind of forces( police, fire bridgehead, ambulance, etc etc) and of cause a huge audience down there. Now the sad part is our Parijat. They have no choice but to play...you know the thing they use to catch the person if someone jumping from a high story building...And we, royal JA audience, mostly feeling disgusted majorly what Parijat have been subjected to do now. And I really wish, since they already started to jump off(trp drop), they lend flat on their face(ending JA) and release Parijat from playing savior. I give all my dua for the success of this expensive suicide mission. 

One serious note...WHY did they actually started this mission in the first place at that juncture of JJ's life, have just reached 2 years of approximately 42 years of JJ's solid married life?

There is no sane answer...I guess.Angry 

P.S: Jodha and Akbar's kahani is like phoenix. How many times in history(450+ years now) they tried to kill it, it rises back in a new form. CVs killed it and you Abhay brought it alive with your research.Clap I too wish for a new show on JA, giving much deserving justice to their incredible journey of life they shared. 

Akbar and his beloved MUZ...May they Rest In Peace Heart       

Hi Purani,
A very happy New Year to you. Thanks for your wonderful compliments. :)

What can i write as a response to this beautiful narration.? You have poured out the collective feelings of majority of us. This is perfect as usual.

@Bold..
Yes, i will 100% agree with this. There was some thing very special about them, no matter how much kept under wraps, still this story intrigues many... :)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CoolpreeRadhikaS0SpringBreakers

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 04 January 2015 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ayushimehra

Abhay, well +truthful said, Yes Serial is sinking Now.But Story reached there, efforts Also can't save this serial.

Yes Some Audience interested in Salim Anarkai story.But Which Magic should be, Create,Or need to Attract the Audience, Performance wise, That is very less coming.  Characters not touching Heart of the Audience.so New story , not feeling , attracting.or not satisfying, 

Akdha (RT, +PS), chemistery was so Charming Past, Or If he gets a Secene Now, Feels, Audience Living in 16 cen Era .  Thats Magic RT+PS, When they comes,They Fire on screen.Contactivity, With serial, When Naturally or Heartely Comes, thats Serial or scriptwriters,Magic.They Created Magic past, But , they forget, Sucess of  Past Magic, Audience, is the Main Key, of sucess  this serial ,   After Reaching Height, or Sucess
they forget Audience Demand, or Tried, Another Project, SA, name of JA.  Serial killed  on that day.

True Audience did lot of efforts, lot of Phone Calls, Made Many threads, But When sucess,
Speaks on Head, Suggestions not feels good.Same happening this serial.

Confidence is Good, but More Confidence,  Becomes Cause, of , Downfall. After Jodha Akbar Movie, Serial Made Own Place Top 5, Show was No 1, Sometime, But They Runied the Show. RT +PS so talented charcter, But Their talant is also damaging.These Days cleary sees, RT, ,tiredness, Now feeling comes, He is doing, without interest, this Role.

Akbar Life so Broad, They should show that,Jodha life, But they choosed, SA, Angry

They Need a Good Production house, Good Writers, Story should Be Back, or they Show Audience, full Healthy +New Manner.In this Way true Audience, will be satisfed, or Leads will get,  Which honour, which they Deserve.or This is also a TRUE, HOMAGE, To Real Life, Akdha.

Which day this will be Happen, That day is the Precious Day  for Audience,In Grave Akdha will feel Relax.

suggestion; If script writers, not shows,Real facts, They have no Right to destroy image, of,,
those people, Who, Lives in People's Heart, Or cause of their Greatness, they are Alive.
That people did a Great efforts, so, its our duty, Present them next generation, in, Right way.
After death, No body Right, to spoil there Image.

Ayushi,

The show began in a right direction. The characters were very interesting and multi-layered. And it did look that there is depth in the scripting. Lately, this was not the case. The quality started suffering post Ben Track, to be precise.

Yes, from all quarters many protested against this Leap, but it was done, for the reasons best knows to PH. I simply hope for a remake by some one in a better manner.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RadhikaS0ayushimehraSpringBreakers

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 05 January 2015 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RadhikaS0

Hi Everyone,
It's been so good to see many old friends back on this thread :) Made me nostalgic about the time when there would be never-ending discussions and arguments and speculations about the characters, tracks and everything related with the show. I am yet to see a reasonable number of people saying they like the SA story on this forum. 

I don't know the reason why the CVs went for the Big Leap. But if they HAD TO, they could still have retained the charm and quality of the show and retained the importance of JA. The SA story could have been narrated from the JA perspective. This way the focus would have stayed on the leads and the leap could have been effected too (for whatever reason it was needed). 

The other day, I was switching channels and briefly caught a glimpse of JA in the tribal track. I was unfortunate enough to see a boat scene in which Salim is with a girl and steadies her from falling over. I have no idea who that girl is supposed to be but the two were looking pathetic. They reminded me of the old DD serials. LOL  And the scene was nowhere close to any of the boat scenes we saw of JA in terms of cinematography, dialogues, acting or chemistry. 

Secondly, if the CVs go for a leap, they must have the courage to go thru with it completely, including aging their popular (former) leads - RT and PS. It is absolutely silly to make the parents look the same as they did on their wedding day even after they have celebrated their silver wedding anniversary. 

I don't mind if they show Anarkali. After all, we have tolerated Atifa in the past. But some quality, some dignity, some maturity isn't too much to ask for. Or is it? 

This concept of leap is entirely out of place. The show is Jodha Akbar but they are dishing out Salim Anarkali. You were promised something else by the makers and served something else.

I have read many posts on the other thread posted yesterday, just now, it is amazing to see that a TV show came very close to hearts of so many people. Yes, it was complete magic. The episodes of 2013 were Nothing short of a spell. The show had a lot of potential.

Anyways, the CV's are doing this on a purpose, destroy JA and bring SA, the tweets of the CV show it. When any thing is asked, the reply is, they can show anything as per their whims and fancies, as they have a "disclaimer"..This is perhaps the first show where a disclaimer is cited to destroy the show, otherwise, citing a disclaimer they can show many things to their advantage. Isn't it.?.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Abi23RadhikaS0SpringBreakersayushimehraSindhuMenonvarunx

Go to top