Jodha Akbar | Some thoughts..

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 4:19am | IP Logged

Hi Friends,

A very Happy New Year to all here.
How are all of you.?

It's been long i posted last. I have not watched Jodha Akbar for months in a row, now. Though, i used to read updates regularly in some hope of improvement in the storyline. Anyways, now that hope is also gone. The show is a sinking ship, continuously plummeting TRP's is an evidence.

It's no more about Jodha Akbar. The makers have started using the popularity of the leads to run Salim Anarkali. They could have come up with a season-2 and leave Jodha Akbar at the pinnacle of glory. JA is already out of Top 10 shows. Never thought before, such a day will also come.

After remarkable success in India, Jodha Akbar is making huge gains abroad, for instance the latest case is of Vietnam. We have a forum post showing the fans there, celebrating it. Few months back we had a post about Jodha Akbar in Russia. Arab countries also command a significant holding. I remember a newspaper snap posted on forum from an Arab newspaper.

These incidents very much show the craze and attraction the names of "Jodha Akbar" command, coupled with the leads' performance. I hope some other PH comes up with a better storyline, at a better time, and makes a show on Jodha Akbar in future. Just following the core events with a tinge of dramatization is enough to run the show for years with focus on Jodha Akbar.

I have not watched any Hindi TV show ever, before Jodha Akbar(except PRC briefly), for i felt a strange pull to this story. Such is the magic of JA. Wishing some one takes up a project on them soon. Already we have 3 shows running on TV now featuring Akbar. A show on Jodha Akbar in a multi-cultured nation such as India will be a HIT any day. The masses are bound to respond. Just need a good script and PH. Lets be hopeful.

Edited by history_geek - 01 January 2015 at 7:05am

The following 61 member(s) liked the above post:

chichujoiseMPMANUangie321pratyu29Pba123Coolpreerenuganeshmehaksingh13prav2smitra90sowmyabhatsunramKDR81ann2012Sweet24Charu.S.antara.haya_gorgeousjojaparijatRasika29Suganya.SAbi23Tarunika13RadhikaS0shruthikarthik---jais---anael24AkDha_FanaticashpatDonjaskatanajiya.kDearZindagi12Rutuja...ayushimehraGOTforeverRashmi81AbHer_nehaArieltabiSpringBreakersRak014najma123SindhuMenonPals2411_akdha.forever_cuty1997.GreekPrincess.cocoatreesashashyamSonaLuvZaSaf--cute.manasi--Amysheldon...Dexterity...varunxSusan.Dsouza_shadesnature_lashypreetgurtielasinghILTHBEB

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 4:22am | IP Logged

BTW,

I have posted link of a NEW History post on the Doubts and Discussion Sticky.

Do check it out here. :)
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3900469&PID=117855256&#p117855256

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

angie321MPMANUASHAMANIPALKDR81.antara.meenakaliswaranAbi23RadhikaS0jiya.kGOTforeverAbHer_nehaRak014SpringBreakersnajma123Pals2411.GreekPrincess.SonaLuvZaSafvarunx...Dexterity...Susan.Dsouza

RadhikaS0 IF-Dazzler
RadhikaS0
RadhikaS0

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Hey Abhay
It's so good and such a pleasant surprise to see your post again after a long, long time :)

New Year surprise Smile

I agree - the show is going in a  different direction from what we knew earlier. But guess some people do enjoy the SA story too. It would have made sense to make SA season 2 of JA but our Indian producers can't think so much LOL

To compensate for the storyline, it seems the producers are now making RT and PS look their best on this show these days. So that at least their fans can continue to watch the show for their sake :)

Thanks for the link :)

Happy New Year to you and all the forum members :)

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

angie321MPMANUprav2jojaparijatCharu.SmeenakaliswaranSweet24jiya.kDonjashistory_geekSindhuMenonPals2411GOTforeverayushimehraRashmi81AbHer_nehavarunx...Dexterity....GreekPrincess.Susan.Dsouza

Donjas IF-Dazzler
Donjas
Donjas

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 4:36am | IP Logged
Hi Abhay,
So glad to see you after such a long time. My situation is exactly similar to yours, I don't watch TV, this is the only show I ever watched, I still don't know why. 

The situation in this serial, at present is of ethics, Ekta and team have lamentable morals, they may have had a problem with JA, fine shut it down, give it a proper closure. But here they are shamelessly leeching the fame of JA to sell Salim-Anarkali. 

Like you I hope some new Production house give it the proper treatment it deserves. Incidentally, every major media series on Akbar on recent years has been a hit, the movie JA, the serial JA and even the Akbar Birbal serial on Big Magic. The audience is definitely there.

By the way, that post about MUZ in your blog is fantastic, everyone needs to read it.

Edited by Donjas - 01 January 2015 at 4:42am

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

MPMANUprav2jojaparijatCharu.SmeenakaliswaranRadhikaS0katanaDearZindagi12jiya.kRashmi81history_geekSindhuMenonPals2411Rak014GOTforever_Dexterity_AbHer_nehaSonaLuvZaSafcocoatreevarunx.GreekPrincess....Dexterity...Susan.Dsouzalashyelasingh

Susan.Dsouza IF-Stunnerz
Susan.Dsouza
Susan.Dsouza

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 4:39am | IP Logged
seriously same here i never ever thought  nt even in dream jodha akbar  turn like thisCryand top show will be destroy like this within in month

its crystal clear PH using RT ad PS popularity and running SA story they showing only 5 min JOJA cute scene becoz of this 5 min many AKDHA fans are still watching 

Before leap also story was nt that much strong but show was still on top 5 because of rajat and paridhi  there is many thing left to show but they take biggest risk to bring SA story  trp is nt improving if they are getting 3.0 trp also just because of RTPS they have no guts to bring new show with SA story they know really well knowno one going to accept this easily ..but there is one limit of toleration once viewers done its mean done then no one going to save the showConfused

after leap they didnt show ruks properly once ruks torture start surely many people will nt watch becoz of ruks i dont understand why they still didnt expose ruks becoz of ruks also trp dropping in trp chart

Edited by susantogiaa - 01 January 2015 at 6:05am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

MPMANUprav2jojaparijatCharu.SmeenakaliswarankatanaDonjasjiya.kRadhikaS0GOTforeverhistory_geekSindhuMenon_Dexterity_.GreekPrincess.SonaLuvZaSafvarunx

jojaparijat Goldie
jojaparijat
jojaparijat

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by history_geek

Hi Friends,

A very Happy New Year to all here.
How are all of you.?

It's been long i posted last. I have not watched Jodha Akbar for months in a row, now. Though, i used to read updates regularly in some hope of improvement in the storyline. Anyways, now that hope is also gone. The show is a sinking ship, continuously plummeting TRP's is an evidence.

It's no more about Jodha Akbar. The makers have started using the popularity of the leads to run Salim Anarkali. They could have come up with a season-2 and leave Jodha Akbar at the pinnacle of glory. JA is already out of Top 10 shows. Never thought before, such a day will also come.

After remarkable success in India, Jodha Akbar is making huge gains abroad, for instance the latest case is of Vietnam. We have a forum post showing the fans there, celebrating it. Few months back we had a post about Jodha Akbar in Russia. Arab countries also command a significant holding. I remember a newspaper snap posted on forum from an Arab newspaper.

These incidents very much show the craze and attraction the names of "Jodha Akbar" command, coupled with the leads' performance. I hope some other PH comes up with a better storyline, at a better time, and makes a show on Jodha Akbar in future. Just following the core events with a tinge of dramatization is enough to run the show for years with focus on Jodha Akbar.

I have not watched any Hindi TV show ever, before Jodha Akbar(except PRC briefly), for i felt a strange pull to this story. Such is the magic of JA. Wishing some one takes up a project on them soon. Already we have 3 shows running on TV now featuring Akbar. A show on Jodha Akbar in a multi-cultured nation such as India will be HIT any day. The masses are bound to respond. Just need a good script and PH. Lets be hopeful.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ABHAY!Smile
NICE TO SEE UR POST AFTER A LONG TIME!
YES U R8 ABHAY.NOW THIS SHOW IS SA UNDER JA..WASTING LEADS TALENT!Cry
EVEN I WISH N HOPE WE GET A RECREATION OF JA WITH A GUD PH WHO CAN DO JUSTICE 2 D STRY OF AKBAR-MUZ W/O TAKING LEAPS WITH D SAME LEADS!
CHANNEL,PH N CVS RUINED A  BEAUTIFUL STRY WID TALENTED LEADS BY TAKING UNNECESSARY LEAPS N DIVERTING FROM D THEME N STORY!

Edited by jojaparijat - 01 January 2015 at 4:46am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

prav2Charu.SRadhikaS0jiya.khistory_geekSindhuMenonPals2411

surochitadutta Senior Member
surochitadutta
surochitadutta

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Wishing All of you a very happy and successful new year... Star

It is really heart wrenching to see our beloved show in such a pitiful condition when it had all the ingredients for remaining in the top two slot.. It had a nice and strong historical storyline,  a pair of immensely talented and popular lead and a strong supporting cast to support them, a beautiful set and mesmerising background music to support... The only thing which was needed was a bit mature and sensible creative team who should have handled the story of One of the greatest Emperor and his equally great beloved Empress in a more sensitive and dignified manner... 

It is all the more sad because in what ever condition JA is today is because of the Arrogance and pride of the makers... From top two position it is directly out of top 10... IN this mediocrity infected industry Jodha Akbar had all the capabilities of becoming a classic if not for the arrogance of the makers... 

The show Jodha Akbar will always remain close to my heart and I will always remember the story of Jodha AKbar for how it once was.. 

I hope there is a production who will someday remake the story of Akbar and His Wali Nimat as history remembers them and of course with a tinge of Natakiya Rupantar in it... 

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

MPMANUprav2jojaparijatCharu.Smeenakaliswaranjiya.kDonjasRadhikaS0GOTforeverhistory_geekSindhuMenonPals2411.GreekPrincess.varunx...Dexterity...SonaLuvZaSafSusan.Dsouzaelasingh

history_geek IF-Rockerz
history_geek
history_geek

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 5:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RadhikaS0

Hey Abhay
It's so good and such a pleasant surprise to see your post again after a long, long time :)

New Year surprise Smile

I agree - the show is going in a  different direction from what we knew earlier. But guess some people do enjoy the SA story too. It would have made sense to make SA season 2 of JA but our Indian producers can't think so much LOL

To compensate for the storyline, it seems the producers are now making RT and PS look their best on this show these days. So that at least their fans can continue to watch the show for their sake :)

Thanks for the link :)

Happy New Year to you and all the forum members :)

Radhika,

This is only unanimous view i have read at many places, the makers are trying to make RT and PS look their best even after this leap. They also know its the leads(JA) who made this show a success..

I saw some pics on the forum, but i gathered that RT / PS still look young, no matter how hard the make up artist tries, to make them appear parents of a grown up Salim.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

prav2jojaparijatCharu.SRadhikaS0jiya.kGOTforeverSindhuMenon.GreekPrincess.

Go to top