Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

BOI: Alia Bhatt top actress of 2014 (Page 22)

Sharpener Goldie
Sharpener
Sharpener

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wat_up

Originally posted by Sharpener

As Salman's biggest hater; I honestly can't deny that he is indeed the top actor of 2014. 

Omg this new year gets more shocking!! But glad you agree and btw HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Haha Jess I missed you. I can bash him all I want but I'm not a blind hater, gotta give him credit for his massive stardom. Wish you a blessed new year too Jess Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_Darling_wat_up

Teddy_luv IF-Sizzlerz
Teddy_luv
Teddy_luv

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Well done alia Clap
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Scorpio_Velvet

Originally posted by RockChicGirl

Jai Ho had EVERYTHING against it except the fact that it was a Salman film. Poor trailer, poor production values, new heroines, bad music, non-festive period. Compare that to Aamir Talaash which was touted as Aamir's next film after 3I and it opened to only 12cr.

So trailer, songs etc are important for Bhai movie? Thought his films had nothing but him and only Aamir depended on such things. LOL

Talaash opened to 13.5 cr in 2012 which was pretty good for a dark thriller. Jai Ho was a masala film in Sallu's comfort zone. Don 2 which was a hit sequel opened to 15.3 cr in the same year and JTHJ   opened at 15.2 cr despite being Yash Chopra's film. PK is only behind D3 as far as non-holiday openers go  despite promos showing hardly anything about the main theme. 

Its not important thats why JH is still one of the highest openers of 2014. Salman's fans go watch his films anyway and there is a huge number of such people. If you Aamir fans can make excuses about genre for films like Talaash and even PK why should Salman be judged so strictly? Also JH wasnt released in the festive period. 
Don2 isnt such a hit sequel as Dhoom series. JTHJ dont forget had another big film come against it. 
Will Aamir ever have the guts to come on a non-festive period with a new director and new costar and still give as good an opening as Salman or even SRK? Forget the other two Khans...Aamir couldnt even beat his own opening against D3 and this despite returning with the 3I team. So much for his starpower. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Darling_

Scorpio_Velvet IF-Sizzlerz
Scorpio_Velvet
Scorpio_Velvet

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:17pm | IP Logged

Its not important thats why JH is still one of the highest openers of 2014. Salman's fans go watch his films anyway and there is a huge number of such people. If you Aamir fans can make excuses about genre for films like Talaash and even PK why should Salman be judged so strictly? Also JH wasnt released in the festive period. 
Don2 isnt such a hit sequel as Dhoom series. JTHJ dont forget had another big film come against it. 
Will Aamir ever have the guts to come on a non-festive period with a new director and new costar and still give as good an opening as Salman or even SRK? Forget the other two Khans...Aamir couldnt even beat his own opening against D3 and this despite returning with the 3I team. So much for his starpower. 

It was Sallu fans who claimed Kick only had his star power conveniently ignoring chartbuster music and the reaction promos received. So how come that becomes an excuse when it comes to Jai Ho? Either admit they matter or that his star power couldn't give great opening to Jai Ho. Both Talaash and Jai Ho under performed at BO. Both didn't have a great opening either. 

As for festival releases, none of the three Khans take that risk if they have a choice. When was the last time SRK had a non-festival release? Talaash released during non-festivals actually and so did Jai Ho. SRK couldn't even give big hits with MNIK, Ra1, Don 2, JTHJ. So much for his star power as well. Aamir gives ATBB and second highest non-holiday opener with PK yet its seen as some under performance. What about those who give 1 BB in his last 6 films then? SRK enjoys the advantage of festival releases as much as any other Khan. 

Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 01 January 2015 at 10:16pm
Fiery.Fawkes Goldie

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:33pm | IP Logged

It was Sallu fans who claimed Kick only had his star power conveniently ignoring chartbuster music and the reaction promos received. So how come that becomes an excuse when it comes to Jai Ho? Either admit they matter or that his star power couldn't give great opening to Jai Ho. Both Talaash and Jai Ho under performed at BO. Both didn't have a great opening either. 

As for festival releases, none of the three Khans take that risk if they have a choice. When was the last time SRK had a non-festival release? Talaash released during non-festivals actually and so did Jai Ho. SRK couldn't even give big hits with MNIK, Ra1, Don 2, JTHJ. So much for his star power as well. Aamir gives ATBB and second highest non-holiday opener with PK yet its seen as some under performance. What about those who give 1 BB in his last 6 films then? SRK enjoys the advantage of festival releases as much as any other Khan. 

I dunno what Salman fans claimed. But the terrible trailer, music, production values, heroine all weighed down JH and yet it opened better than Talaash which had a successful trailer, two well known heroines plus appealed to Aamir's psuedo intellectual fanbase in terms of genre. 
I never said SRK takes risks. The last time I guess he took somewhat of a risk was in CDI/Swades/Paheli and that was years ago. 
But what I am saying that under the SAME circumstances Aamir has the least starpower and thats what this article reiterates. That PK did well because of Aamir is untrue. Its primarily Hirani. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Darling_

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cougarTown

How strange i never knew who is hirani till the day 3 idiots released. How strange munna bhae series never broke records
More than hirani making aamir..it is otherwise. Hirani is an excellent filmmaker but he only rose to massive prominence after working with aamir 

This. Dont know why it is so hard to understand.

3Idiots made Hirani what he is today. That movie took him to the top of the league. Before that he was just a director with two great movies. So many directors have done that.
Some even with better first two movies.

3I was were Hirani broke through. And Aamir was the one who made three Idiots the collosal hit it was. People went to see it because it was an an Aamir Khan movie not because Hirani was the director.

Now with PK, yes Hirani is a draw, still not as big a one as Aamir. Not even close. But all this wasnt true when 3 Idiots released.

Edited by Arsal-AK - 01 January 2015 at 11:57pm

IAmLuvBolly-chamkilli-

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 12:40am | IP Logged

Jai Ho had EVERYTHING against it except the fact that it was a Salman film. Poor trailer, poor production values, new heroines, bad music, non-festive period. Compare that to Aamir Talaash which was touted as Aamir's next film after 3I and it opened to only 12cr.

So trailer, songs etc are important for Bhai movie? Thought his films had nothing but him and only Aamir depended on such things. LOL

Talaash opened to 13.5 cr in 2012 which was pretty good for a dark thriller. Jai Ho was a masala film in Sallu's comfort zone. Don 2 which was a hit sequel opened to 15.3 cr in the same year and JTHJ   opened at 15.2 cr despite being Yash Chopra's film. PK is only behind D3 as far as non-holiday openers go  despite promos showing hardly anything about the main theme. 

Ahh...I see.

a) Talaash was neo-nior suspense thriller. Still made a 96 crores. Was a super hit in overseas. This was two years before Jai ho. But whatever...

b) Talaash was a non-holiday no-festival release with a new director and a new genre. So much for guts and working with new directors.

c) I would love to see Salman and Shahrukh do something like that. Forget about noir and thrillers, thats too much... How about a simple no-masala non-holiday release??LOLLOL

d)  And why stop at Talaash, I am surprised you didnt bring in Dhobi Ghat. That wasnt a 100 crore too now was it?? Again a non-holiday, non-masala with a new director and unrecognized cast. Lets see Salman and Shahrukh doing stuff like that. Even with a holiday release.

e) What is Shahrukh's highest non-holiday opener again?? I thought so. What about Salman?? Aamir has 36 and 26-27 with D3 and PK respectivetly.

f) Aamir has give record openings with D3,MP,Fanaa,Ghajni,3 Idiots. But he has no star power right??

g) Don 2 was a part of a hugely successful franchise. One of the most anticipated movie of its time. What happened?? What happened with JTHJ, the famous reunioun?? Both were touted to break all records. Yet they barely managed to get past Ghajni.LOL

h) Aamir, the founder of 100,150,200,250 and now in somedays 300, maybe even350 clubs. Again no star power. No boxoffice pull.LOLLOL

i) Anything else??

Edit: Forgot to add. Don 2 was a christmas release as well. Lol, there is another excuse busted.LOL

Edited by Arsal-AK - 02 January 2015 at 12:49am

-chamkilli-Sharif.Badmaash

Go to top