India-Forums

Mahakumbh
Mahakumbh

Does story of Amrit related to famous mythology on Samudra Manthan

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Does Mahakumbh and Amrit anyway related to famous mythology story " Samudra Manthan" where Devas and Asuras came together to churn the Milk Ocean to get Amrit that can give health and immortality.

Telling because the key players in Samudra Manthan are Shiv, Parvathi, Vishnu, Vasuki, Garud, Ocean, Mountain. 7 elements are used so that the Amrit finally lands in the right hand.

Both Devas and Asuras want Amrit . while the elements Ocean, Mountain and Vasuki are used by both it is the support that Shiv, Parvati , Garud and Vishnu gives to Devas they manage to get the Amrit. So the 4 key players are Shiv, Parvati, Garud and Vishnu while the other 3 are actually neutral allies inclined towards Devas.

Now what did the key players do. Shiva. He played the most important role. By taking the poison that came before Amrit he saved the entire humanity from the ill effects of the poison. In Mahkumbh we have Rudra the name signifies Shiva. He is the most important player and he is going to be the savior

Parvati. When Shiva takes the poison the great lady holds his neck tight so that it does not go beyond the neck. It is the prudent Parvati who ensures nothing bad happens to the savior of humanity. In Mahakumbh there has to be a very prudent and supporting lady who should play this role. I guess Payal Rajput will essay this

Vishnu- Well who played tricks with Asura so that they are distracted. There is a Vishnu mentioned by Udiya Baba. I guess there will be a character by this name who will be very street smart

Garud- One who flies away with the Amrit once it comes out of ocean. This person will be quite agile and acts quick and fast. I feel Charles will be playing this role as we saw he is very quick on the feet and thinks smart.

Vasuki- We need a very very powerful lady to essay this role. Vasuki is the serpent on Shiva's neck. So whoever who plays this role should be benevolent to Rudra, but otherwise should have a very fierce, strict and frightening outlook. Heard Surekha Sikri is coming to show. Maybe she will essay this.

Other 2 roles Ocean and Mountain. Will have to wait and watch. Though I feel Kuba can be the Ocean as that boy has an calm about him, but he is not really calm

Mountain yet to see as we need a physically strong person for this.

This is just my analysis looking at the show now. As the story progresses it may change based on new things.  

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

srividyahvjyo_loveurlifeSugar_CinnamonKusum04CaptainSparkfairy_tales.Reshama.MaaneetDeewangiMehek25ashna26BeingBlunt

fairy_tales IF-Sizzlerz
fairy_tales
fairy_tales

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
TFS info i dint know all this Thumbs Up well if the show is related to that then there are many characters which are yet to enter, but if payal character is like parvati then she might also has tatoo on her body just like charles has.

Edited by flamenco - 31 December 2014 at 11:49pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jyo_loveurlifeshruthiraviBeingBlunt

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 2:25am | IP Logged
I guess Payal Rajput character name is Maya. If it is then indeed she is equivalent of Parvati as Parvati is also called Yogamaya or Mahamaya.

ringrosesjyo_loveurlifefairy_tales

fairy_tales IF-Sizzlerz
fairy_tales
fairy_tales

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 5:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruthiravi

I guess Payal Rajput character name is Maya. If it is then indeed she is equivalent of Parvati as Parvati is also called Yogamaya or Mahamaya.
 but i read somewhere that   shiva name is mahamaya means  lord of illuision..Confused

Edited by flamenco - 01 January 2015 at 5:26am
shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 5:52am | IP Logged
@flamenco Shiva is not lord of illusion, actually he destroys illusion or ego. It is Shakthi who is responsible for material world or in a way you can call Maya. Shiv-Sakthi is actually a combination both of spiritual as well as material in a balanced way as I understand it as both are needed for creation of life.
This is my understanding but of course people can put in different versions as mythology is anyway vast subject with various interpretations across centuries.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fairy_tales

fairy_tales IF-Sizzlerz
fairy_tales
fairy_tales

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruthiravi

@flamenco Shiva is not lord of illusion, actually he destroys illusion or ego. It is Shakthi who is responsible for material world or in a way you can call Maya. Shiv-Sakthi is actually a combination both of spiritual as well as material in a balanced way as I understand it as both are needed for creation of life.
This is my understanding but of course people can put in different versions as mythology is anyway vast subject with various interpretations across centuries.
TFS info dear actually my name is also maya Embarrassedbut i was told that maya means illusion, but i never knows that name is connect to any god. 
and  sorry to go off topic.Embarrassed

Edited by flamenco - 01 January 2015 at 6:24am
Mehek25 IF-Sizzlerz
Mehek25
Mehek25

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Very nice post...very enlightening...I am loving this show...very well done and very intetesting to watch...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shruthiravi

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Past epi depicts 7 rakshak are born too to protect Amrit. Out of them Charls & Rudra are shown. Charls had a comparatively smaller tatoo on Right side, without the yantra.
Rudra has a much bigger tatoo, a Mahamrityunjay yantra with Garuda spreading both his wings. That quality is evident when he stands on top of the bridge with both his arms opened, aiming to jump in water.
May be other rakshsks will have some variation in tatoo position indicating their strength.
During Samudra manthan, Dhanvantari appeared with Amrit kalash in the end. Before that Halahal, other gems like Kamdhenu, Kalpavriksh etc too appeared.
It'll be interesting to see, who plays the role of Shivji, Parvati. Vishnuji played important role as Kurma- Turtle & Mohini later. Let's see how it's shown here?
Will they show a symbolic churning here?
May be all those who are behind Amrit will get together, as they may realise, one alone can not compelete this work. So can we expect the secret society people from Poland will attend Kumbh mela too?
Dr Rao, will surely come. Swami Balivesh is going there with his army of criminals disguised as sadhus.
Many Akhadas- group of sadhus attend the Kumbh mela. May be their head is aware of the Amrit tale. Then they may be interested too. Some may support the protectors while others will be interested in using the Amrit in their benifits.
The Daivik & Asuri qualities of the people will be be seen clearly during this Mahakumbh mela.

ashna26shruthiraviBeingBlunt

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index