Sadda Haq Season 2
Sadda Haq Season 2

The current state of RD-Sanyukta

.Farzi. Viewbie
.Farzi.
.Farzi.

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:00pm | IP Logged

I've always, always had this dark fantasy of RD getting so consumed in his rage, he lands up hurting Sanyukta. Not just emotionally, but physically as well. I think it is because RD, as a character, is so emotionally unstable and dark, that when he is consumed by his rage, he goes into this manic destructive mode, and doesn't think about anything. He's mad, and he's out to ruin everything for everyone around him.

This being said, RD's character has always shown shades of selfishness. It has always been about him, his happiness, his needs, and his desires. Even after getting into a relationship with Sanyukta, he'd call the shots for EVERYTHING in their relationship. From what she'd wear, to what they'd do on dates; he needs to be in control. I think it stems from the fact that he's always seen his mother overpowering his father and having a large control over his life, which is why he just cannot let Sanyukta take decisions for both of them. Added to this his rash and impulsive nature, more often than not, his decisions have never really incorporated Sanyukta's opinions, wishes, or even the repercussions she'd have to face. Take for instance, the live-in track. RD missed Sanyukta, and he wanted to be with her. Despite knowing how anal her landlady was, and how difficult it was for her to get the place, he came in and crashed her place. Not once did he think about what would happen if he was found, and where would Sanyukta go after that. Nada. All that mattered to him was that HE needed to be with Sanyukta, and that would be the end of the matter. What happened before, what happened after, is of no direct consequence to him, cause HE doesn't have to face it. Similarly, now that he wants to destroy his mother, not once has he thought about what does Sanyukta want. He's readily assumed that she loves him, so she'll support him and do his bidding. Like she said, not once did he ask her about her opinion, try to find out about her dreams and wishes, nothing.

Sanyukta has changed by leaps and bounds since they've gotten into a relationship. From taking a stand for herself at all times, to wanting to compete with RD, to being fiercely independent; she's moulded herself to compliment RD. Knowing how the two are inherently alike in certain aspects of their character, she mellowed down, allowed him to call the shots, listened to him; and most of all, showered him with immense love and affection. And why shouldn't she? She knows how emotionally messed up and fragile he is, she knows how he's been craving for love all his life, and she knows how she's the only one who can control his rages. Showering him with love and affection, listening to him, and taking care of him had become an inherent part of her character. Her love for him is so strong, that she was ready to kill her childhood dream to support him. Do you realise what a magnanimous change that is? Sanyukta left her family to fulfill her dreams! The family whom she loves probably as much as RD! And now, there was a moment when she almost killed her dreams to stand by and support RD! That, in itself, is huge. Of course, she needed a voice of reason to remind her to think rationally, and that's where Parth comes in. I love how he's always been the voice of reason for SanDhir. Without him, the two of them would still be stuck in limbo.

At this moment, RD is spiraling downwards into destruction, and we all know that his decisions will be anything BUT rational. In all of this, I feel for Sanyukta. Her boyfriend has practically gone nuts, and she wants to work for her father, not realising that he's just trying to destroy her himself. It makes one realise that regardless of whether Sanyukta chooses to stand by RD, or work for her father, at the end of the day, she's going to be hurt by the ones she loved the most, and she'd have lost the most.

Its 2015 everywhere, so I don't wanna bore everyone with this insanely long post. But I had to pen down my thoughts about SanDhir and their current state of mind, else I'd be left going nuts. Here's wishing everyone a wonderful 2015!!

PS PS: I'm a huge RD fan, don't get me wrong. His selfish nature is not something I am criticising him for, I am just trying to point it out and analyse it.

Edited by .Farzi. - 01 January 2015 at 12:24am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

arthuGirl54ILuvParsh.scarlet.Supertrouper-Infinity-Greys_Anatomy.Vyshali.CrazySandhirian-Mrdodokk-shivika838howardscarlett

Greys_Anatomy IF-Dazzler
Greys_Anatomy
Greys_Anatomy

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
Have a feeling that some where RD wants his parents to be together again ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

He was deprived parental love ...his mom didnt have time for him and his dad due to his failure poured his hatred in him ...well that work for him though ...but it tored RD apart ShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

RD loves his dad no doubt ...but he loves his mom as well ...didnt you notice when his step brother said that if i hit your mom ...and RD got so angry ...he still loves her but how they are gonna patch up no idea about that ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

And Sanyu and RD ...he understands her dreams and feeling but he is ignoring them in his rage ...all he knows and wants is that sanyukta remians with him forever ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

Plzzz bring someone whoo can  calm Randhir's mind ??????
Happy_hippy IF-Dazzler
Happy_hippy
Happy_hippy

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Hey girl..brilliant post..
But I would like to put forth my opinion reg Randhir..
He is someone who will love n give with all his heart , n in return he will expect the same..to blindly take his side..
when Sanyukta lied to him during the friendship track, he was broken from inside yet he always stood by her ..she fell weak when she had to take a decision to step out of her house n break off the engagement with sameer, at that time he stood by her !
When they had to get Vardhan back inspite of all the misunderstandings between them , he was there all the time..
And yes he barged into her apartment without thinking about the repercussions, but the thing is ,they had just entered a new phase of love,When u are in love , in a new relationship one gets desperate to be with the partner ...that's what he was feeling...he knew he was being unreasonable but he was missing her..it was his first real ,genuine relationship..he is bound to feel that way..
Coming to the current track, he is being impulsive, n Sanyu very well knows wat he is capable of doing when he enters the destructive zone..
She did the right thing by not taking his side for revenge , but stating the reasons of joining her dad's company , that's wat I feel isn't right, now. RAndhir has always been there for her, n now it's his problem I would expect her to handle this sensibly ...
It's just an internship not a full fledged job, she could do it in Some neutral company n still be on Randhir 's side without being a part of his revenge plan.she may get a chance to work with her dad later , but this is the time she should be there for Randhir...

Edited by Happy_hippy - 31 December 2014 at 11:43pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ritul19Fortitude

howardscarlett IF-Addictz
howardscarlett
howardscarlett

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
I agree with you.
Sometimes I think Randhir practices double standards.
For eg. in Vidhushi, Varun n Parth scene he said that to DT Members that we donot discuss this matter and respect Vidhushi's personal life as she is a girl.   But in Sanyuktas case he is the one who wrote her engagement news on the blackboard for all to see and shamelessly asked for party.   When it comes to Sanyukta he always interfered in her persoanl matters right from convincing Sammer for engagement to declaring to her Dad that she will not intern in his Office.  
-Infinity- Goldie
-Infinity-
-Infinity-

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
What a brilliant and accurate post! 
Loved it how to capitulated RD's fierceness and his dominance over Sanyukta. 
How, he just wished his happiness, being selfish enough 'cause he has been traumatised by his past all way through. 
And how you told the mere importance of Parth in their relationship.
True this post, and how amazingly you measured all the angles of emotions. 
<3 suma. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Girl54

Supertrouper Goldie
Supertrouper
Supertrouper

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Excellent post..I liked it even b4 I completed reading it... And I agree with u. But just as sanyukta needed a jolt to get out of that engagement and stand up for herself, mayb a similar jolt is required for randhir to realize the true state of things of his parents lives ( and the audience as well) and let go and move on...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Happy_hippy

ritul19 Groupbie
ritul19
ritul19

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 1:34am | IP Logged
hi!nice post!
but about randhir I just want to say that though he has wanted to establish his control sometimes but he has always given heed to sanyukta n what she wants to do..like he didn't really agree with what sanyukta was doing regarding the coaching thing,he didn't want her to stay in pg,wanted to pay her fee but still he supported her through everything..he didn't impose his decisions..infact at the end it has always been according to sanyukta..he was desperate to be with her when she came to pg as trupti rightly said..n regarding her clothes..he just wanted to protect her because he knew the place she was going to does not have really nice guys..n sanyukta n vidushi were not in the same situation also..at the time of vidushi it was her character which was at stake..but that shadi thing was not so bad for sanyukta's reputation..if he had been imposing he would have beaten rajvir a lot earlier..it was only for her job's sake that he stopped..he has always thought about sanyukta before him as he loves her a lot..its just now that he is blinded by his rage n being selfish.I hope he recovers through this soon..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

prash1984Happy_hippy

shivika838 IF-Sizzlerz
shivika838
shivika838

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 5:00am | IP Logged
agree wid u !! brilliant post Clap
Randhir needs to stop dominating Sanyukta and Sanyukta needs to stop agreeing wid Randhir 

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top