Ye Hai Mohabbatein
Ye Hai Mohabbatein

I enjoyed the episode (Page 5)

-Gan- IF-Sizzlerz
-Gan-
-Gan-

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Annthew

Thanks for the post Gan. Raman must b the best dad on Indian telly, love Karen In his his dad avataar. But I'm  not liking the manner in which Ishita is shown handling Adi. The cvs hav made  her put down one child to uplift another. Her intentions r gud but tech of parenting wrong.its all for drama sake , hope as u said once the leads r back , v get back on proper track. 
Happy new year. Hug

Which child did she put down? Confused Please elaborate . 
I didn't find Ishita's actions wrong anywhere when it comes to her parenting . 

-Gan- IF-Sizzlerz
-Gan-
-Gan-

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Read and replied through the posts on 1st page.. Will be back later to read and reply the rest. 
shanry Goldie
shanry
shanry

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 7:26am | IP Logged
Happy New Year!
Can't say I agree with you but definitely don't share the sentiments that Adhi needs to be killed off either. Would appreciate if you could read my post at  http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4269918&PID=117858185&#p117858185

SurrealFantasy Goldie
SurrealFantasy
SurrealFantasy

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Gan Hug
I skimmed through the episode but RKB in parent mode touched my heart. He's always been great with Ruhi but it has been a treat to watch him with Adi.

Adi...one episode has not gotten me over my aversion to his expressions I suppose. But yes, as a character, he certainly gets to me. He NEEDS the security that Ruhi already has and I'm waiting for that to come around.

I don't get why people are so upset over Raman's reaction to the fact that Ishita demanded a psychiatrist for Adi. It is the most natural reaction, unfortunately enough, that most Indian people have and for me, it was not his lack of knowledge or education over the matter, but rather the natural reaction a parent would have when informed about his child's condition. And Ishita explaining it to him was for me what IshRa is all about. One person holds on to the other. 

What got to me in today's episode was of course the teary eyed conversation between the couple. Ishita's mahaanta be damned, I love the fact that Ishita may never be his Ishimaa, but Adi will always be her son. THAT is the essence of Ishita which most people here absolutely hate.

I did say once I think, that the Oedipus complex that Adi seemed to have usually ends with the death of the said kid at the hands of his mother and the mother in a psychiatric facility (lots of crazy books read). But as this track is unfolding, the love Adi has for his mother seems less Oedipus like and more manipulated and Shagun's love seems less maternal...I'm waiting for the Ishita's goodness to rub off on Adi or on Shagun, so that she stops being a biatch to her own kid.

I loved your collage and your words, as usual! 

P.S. Thanks for letting me rant here...I hate all the stupid bashing around the forum in general. One more Ishita's mahaanta or Raman's desperateness post, and I'll stop visiting IF for good! Stern Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pomegranateBadtameez_Dil

shivangi838 IF-Sizzlerz
shivangi838
shivangi838

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 8:33am | IP Logged
nice positive postBig smile
shidin0117 IF-Dazzler
shidin0117
shidin0117

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Payal-

RES...cause Raman-Adi are my heart. You know that. 

Happy New Year, Ladies!! 

PS: Doc, I can guess what scene got to you. It got to me too. Heart

"A boy needs a father to show him how to be in the world. He needs to be given swagger, taught how to read a map so that he can recognize the roads that lead to life and the paths that lead to death, how to know what love requires, and where to find steel in the heart when life makes demands on us that are greater than we think we can endure.
Ian Morgan Cron

Adi

"My father nodded. His nod was for me. Different. But not different at all. My father understood. Maybe he had known. Maybe he hadn't. It didn't matter anymore. He understood. I knew he understood, just from his nod, just from his eyes on mine, making his eyes kind for me, and the wave of pain went away for a moment.
Adam Berlin Belmondo Style

RKB

"My son, there may be a time when I explain these things to you, because there may be a time when I understand them." 
Hanif Kureishi

"It's my responsibility to cultivate the man in my son. I can't be passive about that.
Randy Alcorn

"Father to teenage son: "My relationship with you is more important than anything I've got to say to you." 
Randy Alcorn

IshRa

"Parenting has nothing to do with perfection. Perfection isn't even the goal, not for us, not for our children. Learning together to live well in an imperfect world, loving each other despite or even because of our imperfections, and growing as humans while we grow our little humans, those are the goals of gentle parenting. So don't ask yourself at the end of the day if you did everything right. Ask yourself what you learned and how well you loved, then grow from your answer. That is perfect parenting.
L.R. Knost

The Feels with Adi are just too much.

I don't quite understand why everyone seems to be in a tiff over the current direction of the story. I AM LOVING IT (yes, the Caps were required. You understand.) Yes, RKB's ex living in the house is bizarre, but it's an Indian daily soap, so why are we surprised? 

For me, this entire track is about Adi and the psychological consequences of this parents' divorce and years of misguidance. The issue needs attention, and I'm glad it's getting its due. I don't think Ishita is being too maahan this time and I'm not irked by the lack of IshRa romance (not that it's lacking. these two set the screen on fire regardless) because, what can be better than husband and wife working together to solve problems and better the lives of their children and family? 

Sorry for the snarky comments. Maybe I'm just irritated over the lack of love for Adi. This child needs some TLC. Who better than Raman Papa and Ishima? 

As you said, RKB is a natural father. I love him in Papa mode, whether he's scolding his children or coddling them or engaging in mischief, the man oozes love for the children - Shravu & Ananya included. 

You can see his need to reassure Adi in his body language when he's around the kid. He's so desperate for some faith and understanding from Adi, but it's such a delicate situation he can't fathom how to proceed...where to even begin when trying to explain the mess (especially since his son has been fed all kinds of misguided info about his 'lack of concern' all these years). But more importantly, he simply loves his son - despite his attitude, actions, demeanor...indifference, he loves his son, as he is supposed to - unconditionally. Like any father - parent, he simply wants to give his son the best of life - including the right guidance, confidence, faith - through circumstances and in himself, a chance at the best life possible...but perhaps most of all, the most crucial thing for any child: security. 

As for Adi. What can I say about this child? He's breaking my heart. I just want to hug him and tell him it will be ok. I want this kid to understand that while Shagun loves him, she doesn't know how to channel that love properly, hasn't been able to love him the way a mother should love her child - with zero ulterior motives. I want him to understand that contrary to the lies that he's been fed, My RKB loves him unconditionally, always has, always will. I want him to know that Ishima has his best interest at heart and loves him as her own. All in due time I guess. As for now, I'm thankful for the catch-22 that he seems to be in - battling with himself over whether to believe the words of his mother or the love he sees reflected in the eyes and actions of his family. Sooner or later, the truth will win out - as it always does. In the meantime, I'm happy he's in the Bhalla house surrounded by the love of his family. At last. 

Most of all, I am thankful for this track because I see it hopefully ending with My RKB finally making amends with his and my jigar ka tukda - Adi. Hopefully, it will end with the last bit of the guilt My RKB has been harboring for 7 years finally being washed away...and, perhaps more importantly, a troubled 12 year old child learning the true meaning of parental love, and family. 

I could go on and on about Adi-Raman, but, well, I think I've made my point. 

[Side Note]: The "Tum Uski Maa Kyoun Nahi Ho" KILLED me. Oh My RKB. My Heart. The Feels. I Can't. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Everyone!

Love,
P

PS: Apologies (though I know I'm not supposed to) for the rant. 

I agree with each and every word u have written Payal. I have always been saying ( not many times), expect the unexpected in Indian dramas, howmuch ever bizare some may find it.If there is no drama and people expect only the leads romance, the show will shut shop in months. Every actor should be given screen space. Coming to Adi, even though I dont like the childs acting abilities, i really feel for him, Shaguns manipulations are having a terrible effect on him, I really hate her, and like u I loved the way Raman said to Ishu why she couldn't have been Adi's mother. There is so much feeling and thoughts hidden in this one sentence. As for some of theposts on forum I really dont go to open them except the LU, and some OSes.

I beleive in YHM creatives to delivering a great story.

serendipity. IF-Addictz
serendipity.
serendipity.

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by GanBarunFan

Originally posted by Annthew

Thanks for the post Gan. Raman must b the best dad on Indian telly, love Karen In his his dad avataar. But I'm  not liking the manner in which Ishita is shown handling Adi. The cvs hav made  her put down one child to uplift another. Her intentions r gud but tech of parenting wrong.its all for drama sake , hope as u said once the leads r back , v get back on proper track. 
Happy new year. Hug

Which child did she put down? Confused Please elaborate . 
I didn't find Ishita's actions wrong anywhere when it comes to her parenting . 
I guess she meant Shravu, because what Adi did to Shravan wasnt right either Embarrassed
thestral10 Newbie
thestral10
thestral10

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:33am | IP Logged
I too completely agree with payal, as i feel like the way this track is progressing and as for shagun being in the house i feel, that it being a indian drama, it was going to happen anyway, so why is everybody complaining about it. Also i feel, that ishita is definitely not acting  mahaan, she is acting like a woman who wants the best for adi and is just trying to make things right for the whole family.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Eyes-Wide-Shut

Go to top