Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Nimrat joins Emraan-Prachi-Kareena in Azharuddin Biopic?

Cursed~n~Broken Goldie
Cursed~n~Broken
Cursed~n~Broken

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 1:32pm | IP Logged

Prachi Desai

Prachi Desai, who will play Mohammad Azharuddin's first wife Naureen in the biopic on the former cricketer, says she is looking forward to the role, if everything falls in place.

"It's going to make for a really great film. It's going to start in January 2015, I am still reading the script. If Emraan Hashmi is confirmed (to play Azhar) I will really be happy.

I can't say much about the film, for now I can only confirm that I play Azharuddin's first wife Naureen in the biopic being directed by Tony D'Souza," says the actress.

She will be playing a Muslim character once again after Once Upon A Time In Mumbai, which was also opposite Emraan.

"My persona matches that of a Muslim woman, therefore Ekta (Kapoor) thought of casting me. I am happy to be chosen once again by Ekta and working with Balaji will be like home-coming for me," she says.

"May be I shall also meet Naureen, you never know. We will need to get some time from her," she adds.

Meanwhile, when contacted, Azhar's real first wife Naureen said she knew nothing about the bipoic nor did anyone from Balaji production house get in touch with her.

A source from Balaji tells us that Kareena Kapoor is "as good as confirmed" to play the role of Sangita Bijlani. "There will also be another character, a woman lawyer, who dislikes Azhar.

This twist may not have existed in Azhar's real life but we need some drama," the source said, adding, they were considering Nimrit Kaur for the role.

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
...needs drama? His life has enough drama. Why do they need to create some? Confused
HarveySpecter IF-Dazzler
HarveySpecter
HarveySpecter

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 1:36pm | IP Logged
Gosh I hate biopics already, thanks to Bollywood's new founded fascination with them. Pinch
Hakuna-Matataa IF-Rockerz
Hakuna-Matataa
Hakuna-Matataa

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
what exactly did prachi do to her face Confused 
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top