Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

PIC: Kalki Koechlin on the cover of Elle (Page 3)

swati1975us IF-Rockerz
swati1975us
swati1975us

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NailClipper

Dev D was the only movie where I liked her performance. Shaitan.. it was the movie and the music that I liked. Seeing the promos of Happy Ending I felt she's good at comedies. 

What irritates me most about her is that the way media/"class audience" praise her mediocre performance. IMO, she's the Abhay Deol of female celebs these days.. Praised only for they act in those Malta/Galapagos Film Festival award winning movies. 

LOL Right on! She's the darling of a certain type of Bollywood "in"/"cool" crowd -the kind who'd be jobless without Hindi movies and yet despise the core audience of Hindi movies. And she's overhyped to the skies. But now that she doesn't have Anurag to produce films for her or badger his friends to cast her she's probably on her way out. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

G..OAT

-meera Senior Member
-meera
-meera

Posted: 03 January 2015 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Even I preferred Mahi in Dev D over Kalki, but I don't think Kalki is the one who should be getting blamed for Mahi not winning awards. Kashyap has his own mind and its the system that failed Mahi. Dibakar in an interview said that his films' budget decreases by a considerable amount when he casts someone who is not fair so I can see why he got Kalki in Shanghai. The fault lies with the producers/audience. IMHO.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Bandwagon-erQueenExpressionswati1975usruky786

.mystic.girl. Goldie

Posted: 03 January 2015 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
swati1975us IF-Rockerz
swati1975us
swati1975us

Posted: 03 January 2015 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -meera

Even I preferred Mahi in Dev D over Kalki, but I don't think Kalki is the one who should be getting blamed for Mahi not winning awards. Kashyap has his own mind and its the system that failed Mahi. Dibakar in an interview said that his films' budget decreases by a considerable amount when he casts someone who is not fair so I can see why he got Kalki in Shanghai. The fault lies with the producers/audience. IMHO.

I think age and the lack of a godfather has been against Mahi. Otherwise she's the perfect package - gorgeous woman who acts terrifically. Also even by very conventional Indian beauty standards, Mahi would be considered a lot more attractive than Kalki. 

But sadly what you and Dibakar said is true - there's a certain kind of look that gets relentlessly promoted. Kalki looks cosmopolitan - she looks like she could belong in New York or London. Mahi looks like she got off the train from Ludhiana yesterday. Ironically a woman who looks too Indian like Mahi is not too acceptable in Hindi films these days.  

-meera

-meera Senior Member
-meera
-meera

Posted: 03 January 2015 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Bollywood has never been great at utilizing the great talent it has. It only rewards mediocrity and it is very disappointing. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

QueenExpressionruky786

QueenExpression Goldie
QueenExpression
QueenExpression

Posted: 05 January 2015 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sharpener

Dunno about others but Kalki K stole the show for me in DevD. That doesn't mean Mahi G wasn't good, she did a great job as well. 
Don't know how well she will do in solo films but she did an amazing job in movies like ZNMD, DevD, YJHD and Shaitan. 

I did however go see her play in India and she was PHENOMENAL, the audience was cracking up throughout; she has a great sense of comic timing and has a great presence. She's also very interactive with the audience, I really enjoyed watching her. 

Same. I really like her and think she's a great actress. 

Back to the magazine cover..I think she has a hot body and looks good. But that face though. She's not pretty at all. Wow, you saw her in a play eraser. That's interesting. 

PS I don't know why Kalki is being blamed for Mahi not making it big. Last I recall..the critics didn't like her in SBAG2. If Mahi can't get the appreciation from audience and critics..that's Mahi's fault not Kalki. She needs to work harder and do variety of films. Yet she's stuck doing lame films and lame item songs. How are audience suppose to take her seriously? Everything isn't about skin color and industry connection. Last I checked Vidya didn't have any connection and she still got appreciation she deserved for her hard work and talent. 

Edited by QueenExpression - 05 January 2015 at 4:03pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Bandwagon-erruky786

zara321 IF-Sizzlerz
zara321
zara321

Posted: 05 January 2015 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
kalki looks pretty 
ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 06 January 2015 at 3:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by QueenExpression

Originally posted by Sharpener

Dunno about others but Kalki K stole the show for me in DevD. That doesn't mean Mahi G wasn't good, she did a great job as well. 
Don't know how well she will do in solo films but she did an amazing job in movies like ZNMD, DevD, YJHD and Shaitan. 

I did however go see her play in India and she was PHENOMENAL, the audience was cracking up throughout; she has a great sense of comic timing and has a great presence. She's also very interactive with the audience, I really enjoyed watching her. 

Same. I really like her and think she's a great actress. 

Back to the magazine cover..I think she has a hot body and looks good. But that face though. She's not pretty at all. Wow, you saw her in a play eraser. That's interesting. 

PS I don't know why Kalki is being blamed for Mahi not making it big. Last I recall..the critics didn't like her in SBAG2. If Mahi can't get the appreciation from audience and critics..that's Mahi's fault not Kalki. She needs to work harder and do variety of films. Yet she's stuck doing lame films and lame item songs. How are audience suppose to take her seriously? Everything isn't about skin color and industry connection. Last I checked Vidya didn't have any connection and she still got appreciation she deserved for her hard work and talent. 

She was better in the first one, second one she was over the top.

QueenExpression

Go to top