Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

PIC: Kalki Koechlin on the cover of Elle (Page 2)

swati1975us IF-Rockerz
swati1975us
swati1975us

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -meera

What have any actors done to get on magazine covers? She has had a movie release at the various film festivals recently and won best actor.

Best actor? LOL Seriously now!! Winning an award at an Estonian film festival is akin to winning an award in a Ghatkopar or Karol Bagh film festival . Who gives an eff! 

I will forever be pissed with this mediocre woman for seducing tharki Kashyap and robbing Mahie Gill of her rightful accolades for DevD.  Mahie is a far superior actress but tharki Kashyap pretty much transformed the latter half of Dev D into a love letter to his gori girlfriend. 

There's a certain kind of Indian film person who's fascinated with Kalki. They see her as a discount mein milne waali Marion Cotillard or Audrey Tautou. Ki yeh French actresses nahin mili to Kalki se kaam chalao. LOL (Bechari Audrey ya Marion ne padh liya to soocide kar lengi ROFL(

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

G..OATMallika-E-Bhais

Tinah IF-Dazzler
Tinah
Tinah

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by swati1975us

Tharki Kashyap se bichadne ke gham me kha kha ke moti ho gayi lagta hai. What diddly squat has this woman done to feature in one magazine cover after another. At least Fashionista Kapoor apne baap ko pata ke apne liye film to produce karwa leti hai. 
Now Kalki doesn't even have her cheeni baap (sugar daddy for the Hindi challenged) to do that for her. 

she has a movie coming soon...going to be huge for her at festivals..Margarita straw is the title, I think.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swati1975us

Sharpener Goldie
Sharpener
Sharpener

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Dunno about others but Kalki K stole the show for me in DevD. That doesn't mean Mahi G wasn't good, she did a great job as well. 
Don't know how well she will do in solo films but she did an amazing job in movies like ZNMD, DevD, YJHD and Shaitan. 

I did however go see her play in India and she was PHENOMENAL, the audience was cracking up throughout; she has a great sense of comic timing and has a great presence. She's also very interactive with the audience, I really enjoyed watching her. 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

rish.gsshrikrishnaBandwagon-erFiery.FawkesQueenExpressionTinahlovely_ladyswati1975usG..OATruky786

Fiery.Fawkes Goldie

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

shrikrishna

swati1975us IF-Rockerz
swati1975us
swati1975us

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tinah

she has a movie coming soon...going to be huge for her at festivals..Margarita straw is the title, I think.

That's the one for which she won that Estonian award. It's the sort  of project that pretty much checks all the boxes for "Film custom made for film festival circuit". Main protagonist with disability - check, Same sex relationship - check. 

G..OAT

swati1975us IF-Rockerz
swati1975us
swati1975us

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sharpener

Dunno about others but Kalki K stole the show for me in DevD. That doesn't mean Mahi G wasn't good, she did a great job as well. 
Don't know how well she will do in solo films but she did an amazing job in movies like ZNMD, DevD, YJHD and Shaitan. 

I did however go see her play in India and she was PHENOMENAL, the audience was cracking up throughout; she has a great sense of comic timing and has a great presence. She's also very interactive with the audience, I really enjoyed watching her. 

We agree to disagree about her DevD performance. I thought she was terrible and she ruined the second half of DevD for me. It was so obvious that Kashyap was smitten with her while filming - there are so many unnecessary scenes involving her. 

She was mediocre in YJHD too. Not that the role demanded much of her anyway but she was still unmemorable. She manages to get these roles thanks to personal connections that talented, beautiful girls (no matter what nationality) would kill to do. 

She would be pretty much nowhere if she hadn't hooked Kashyap - she ain't all that.  

Also, this is not about her not being Indian - Tom Alter has a similar life story to her and I adore Tom and love watching him in Hindi films and TV. I really wished Yana Gupta had acting talent because she was beautiful and charismatic and I would have loved to watch her in Hindi films. 

G..OAT IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:28am | IP Logged

swati1975us

G..OAT IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:29am | IP Logged

swati1975us

Go to top