Sharif.Badmaash IF-Stunnerz
Sharif.Badmaash
Sharif.Badmaash

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by wat_up

Originally posted by Sharif.Badmaash

Originally posted by wat_up

Wheres aamir khans so called rentrack in india that everyone was gushing over

In india and a territoral breakdown there..every movie uses rentrack or something worldwide,

because in india you cant get single screens accuracy anyways ...and people here using dismetc numbers by BOI or bolly hungama( producers) to get pk indias numbers as i have seen..and this chart i dont get as its in us dollars and not rupees !!

This site calculates WW no.'s mostly & yes its not easy for them to get in IND market all of sudden . They r now tweeting abt IND's collections.

US Dollars suggest 441cr. worldwide gross till 28 Dec.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sidzyDMGFiery.Fawkessunflower52Scorpio_Velvet.Mishh007.-chamkilli-

OJ6.0 IF-Sizzlerz
OJ6.0
OJ6.0

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 190879

Originally posted by Franco

Dogs will keep barking but Salman and SRK are still one of the biggest stars Bollywood has produced.
Cool

Hey I have that insult copyrighted Big smile
Then you should have given it here Thumbs Up
This topic is bullshit Sleepy

I don't think topic is bs . I think its a legit question . But a quick google search will show that in most years SRK and Salman came out on top not Aamir . Isn't Google such a fun app to have LOLLOLLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

QueenExpressionKhanSinghKumar

Sharif.Badmaash IF-Stunnerz
Sharif.Badmaash
Sharif.Badmaash

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:52am | IP Logged

I don't think topic is bs . I think its a legit question . But a quick google search will show that in most years SRK and Salman came out on top not Aamir . Isn't Google such a fun app to have LOLLOLLOL
Only Salman , Aamir is ahead of SRK in highest year grossers Wink
since maine pyar kia release ..
Salman has 8
Aamir has 6
SRK has 5

OJ6.0I_M_SultaN

Rupalov Senior Member
Rupalov
Rupalov

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:57am | IP Logged

Dogs will keep barking but Salman and SRK are still one of the biggest stars Bollywood has produced.
Cool

Hey I have that insult copyrighted Big smile
Then you should have given it here Thumbs Up
This topic is bullshit Sleepy

Who cares about history? Present is what matters. Great Britain once occupied half of the world.. doesn't mean it is still at the top.LOL Right now Aamir is the one who sets records and others chase them.. after 4-5 movies they manage to break the record only to be beaten agin by aamir in 3-4 months.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sidzyDMGFiery.FawkesQueenExpressionPigBenissunflower52Scorpio_Velvet.Mishh007.-chamkilli-Sharif.Badmaash

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Yeah.  Actually not really, they made their fanbase at a time when Aamir was struggling majorly. But today Aamir is far far ahead, especially because he's managed both critical and commercial success multiple times. 

The other two will keep on chasing only. Salman will not care (except his fans) but poor SRK. I'm waiting for the next crap he'll sign to beat Aamir. 

Edited by chocolover89 - 31 December 2014 at 12:30pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sidzyDMGFiery.FawkesQueenExpressionPigBeniscougarTownsunflower52Scorpio_VelvetSharif.Badmaash.Mishh007.

subhs Goldie
subhs
subhs

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:26am | IP Logged
content is the real star .PK,3idios are best examples .i do believe both srk and salman are bigger stars than Amir .but Amir is a true performer .his work speaks .. 

swati82KhanSinghKumar

zaynmalik. Senior Member
zaynmalik.
zaynmalik.

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
SRK and Salman both have crazy fan following which Aamir does not. However Aamir has a fantastic script sense and he has credibility as an actor. When people go to see an Aamir movie they expect something amazing and he delivers most of the time... (i like to pretend D3 didn't happen). He also doesn't have an image or a genre that people like to see him in so he can take risks and experiment with his roles and that's an advantage that he has over at least Salman... SRK I think still can do a swades or CDI today if he wanted to, but could Salman do a Tere naam today? Idts.  
So they all are big stars but for different reasons. Having a big and crazy fan following works for Salman and SRK the same way not having a big and crazy fan following works for Aamir.  
-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

Originally posted by Rupalov

Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

The real all-time worldwide stardom is still SRK>Salman>Aamir

They are of an age where their full career will be analyzed in few years. It doesn't matter who peaked which year.

I am ready to accept Aamir has surpassed SRK's and Salman's stardom if his next movie does a similar business

Aamir's last two movies have beaten the hell out of Salman's and Shah's last few movies - beaten their highest grosser's collections in 9-10 days.  Why do you need a third movie to prove he is ahead? 2 ATBBs back 2back isn't good enough? Aamir did that twice.. other's not even once.

it doesn't matter. pK is a Hirani film and Hirani film does that kind of business. If sanjay dutt's biopic crosses 250 cr, it doesn't mean Ranbir's stardom has reached 250 crores.
Dhoom is a loved franchise so it's difficult to speculate whether the audience went for Dhoom or Aamir. from what i saw, his fans were not happy with dhoom so the movie went big due to the franchise popularity.

You cannot give a dud like Talaash in the middle if you want to be regarded at the top. That's why i want to see how his next movie fares which won't have Hirani and is not a franchise like Dhoom.
What are you upset about? LOL

Lol.

It is Hirani who has benifited from Aamir rather than vice versa. At the time of 3 Idiots Hirani was just a director who had given two amazing and successful movies. A lot of directors do that, infact have done that. 

Most people didnt even watch MunnaBhai series until 3 Idiots became the phenomeneon it did. It was 3 Idiots that proppelled Hirani to the top and onto the world stage. 

Aamir was the reason for that. Three Idiots did 200 crores becuase it was an Aamir Khan film. Not becuase Hirani was the director.

Coming to PK, yes now Hirani has the BO pull, thanks to what he has done before. But again Aamir is a huge, huge reason as to why PK is doing so well. A much bigger reason than Hirani.

As for Talaash, the film did 96 crores without a holiday period in the genre that it is. What else were you expecting?? LOLLOLSuspense thrillers dont do big in Hollywood let alone here. It takes guts to do something like that. 

Shahrukh had Don2, JTHJ etc and Salman Jai ho. Full on comercial entertainers yet no word on them. The further icing on the cake is that Don 2 is a part of a huge franchise and was a holiday release too(yes it was Xmas).What happened??LOLLOL

So, no Hirani was never the reason fo Aamir's success. And Aamir is indeed way ahead of either Salman and Shahrukh in terms of well... everything.

Edited by Arsal-AK - 31 December 2014 at 3:20pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

RupalovFiery.Fawkessunflower52.Mishh007.-chamkilli-

Go to top