India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Are Salman and SRK just hype? (Page 5)

briahna IF-Sizzlerz
briahna
briahna

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:02am | IP Logged
right now amir is whipping asses of bhai and shah badly, and i think this whipping will continue if shah doesn't pull his socks and starts paying attention to scripts.

i seriously don't think either shah or bhai wants to be sitting at 2nd and 3rd positions.
since its all about records for these 3 khans, and it must be hurting them to see the other khan zoom ahead of them and that too with such huge numbers.

hey it hurts me as a shah fan to see other khan (MY BIGGEST ENEMY)  getting not only critical acclaim but producing massive numbers.

i know my shah does movies like hny and ce to BREAK other  khans records. i know he must be sad today, like it or not.

and imagine what bhai must be going thru. and i also wanna say this, i feel prdp is going to UNDER PEFORM next yr. bb is going to get a big big opening, which will make it sail thru a comfortable 200cr. but quality wise, both movies will suck big time.

i don't even know what to feel for movie fan and raees now. i hope the content is good than anything.

amir's 3 idiots RECORD.
amir's dhoom RECORD
now its pk RECORD.

i think its pretty much over now. amir is in different league and he will continue to do very well at box office. the best of producers and directors will go to him even more now after the success of pk.

and how long bhai and shah will keep running after amirs record. its getting tiring now. 
SIT DOWN!

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

sidzyDMGFiery.FawkesQueenExpressionPigBenis-Arsal-cougarTownsunflower52Scorpio_Velvetruky786.Mishh007.-chamkilli-Sharif.Badmaash

beastmaster Groupbie
beastmaster
beastmaster

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Scorpio_Velvet

People bring "crap scripts argument" as if that's something to be proud about. D3 is bashed here mostly yet it broke all records. Ghajini was a masala film that set records. Aamir's masala attempts have a minimum standard at least and that's a good thing actually.

Talaash was a semi-hit and did 90 cr business though it was a multiplex movie. Aamir has done Ghajini. Can Salman even pull off a Talaash now let alone make it work? His Tere Naam was a decade ago. All other different attempts like Veer, London Dream etc have tanked. So what's the logic in saying Bhai's fans will make those films hit? His fans make a certain kind of films hits. He himself has said that his art films won't work as his fans don't wanna see that.

Aamir can set records with a Ghajini, D3 as well as 3i and PK. That's versatility and star power. He brings in people who doesn't usually go to watch films into theaters along with fans. That's why his films does record breaking business.

Oh please!!! You are giving him way too much credit for Gajini. It was an ATBB because of the south Indian super star Asin. Aamir khan kya cheez hai uske saamne ?? Embarrassed

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sidzyDMGFiery.FawkesQueenExpression-Arsal-cougarTownsunflower52Scorpio_Velvet.Mishh007.-chamkilli-

wat_up IF-Stunnerz
wat_up
wat_up

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:06am | IP Logged
I will post just this as dont got time to go through nonsense 

Don't believe those records, collections of 200 cr films are fudged': Aamir Khan

Aamir Khan has once again slammed films in the 200 crore club, saying that the collections of those films are fudged.

Talking to The National' at the Grand Hyatt in Dubai, Aamir Khan said "Those numbers are fudged. And I am being completely honest with you here - all those claims of films breaking records, it is utter nonsense. In fact, PK is the first film in India to hire the services of Rentrak, a Spain-based company that provides audit services and media measurement. Also, in India, editorial space can be bought, so it's very easy to have the papers say wonderful things about you. Don't believe any of it."

Aamir's response was to a journalist who asked him about films in the 200 crore club'.

Not too long ago, the actor had said "I think that for some reason various people in the film industry feel that by inflating their figures they would convince people. Nowadays you get to buy editorial in number of newspapers which is extremely unfortunate. So what happens is that I can buy editorial and say ,'Mera itna dhanda hua ya utna hua' (Say my film has earned this much). But its meaningless because when you go home you know how much business the film has done. Even the industry knows exactly how much each film has done. So the market knows, you can't fool the market. You can try and fool people but how many times will you fool people also. Ultimately you are just fooling yourself."

Aamir had also said that he doesn't inflate the collections of his films "I am one of the people who strictly doesn't give out figures which are inflated"

Scorpio_Velvet IF-Sizzlerz
Scorpio_Velvet
Scorpio_Velvet

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:09am | IP Logged

He knew PK would do 300 cr. LOL Aamir's exclusive club. 

Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 31 December 2014 at 10:07am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sidzyDMGbeastmasterFiery.Fawkes-Arsal-PigBeniscougarTown-chamkilli-Sharif.Badmaash.Mishh007.

wat_up IF-Stunnerz
wat_up
wat_up

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Wheres aamir khans so called rentrack in india that  everyone was gushing over Btw i dont believe PK NUMBERS by any site as the  genuis aamir says they manipulated...and i stated this nt just now but even when movie wasnt released as he was talking nonsense
He and producers raised ticket prices like crazy, when said they would not, used cheap promotion tactics,  tried to arm twist single screen owners, says dont care on numbers etc..nonsense guy!!

His quotes

He is not interested in joining the film industry's 200-crore club, then?

"Those numbers are fudged," says Khan without batting an eyelid. "And I am being completely honest with you here - all those claims of films breaking records, it is utter nonsense. In fact, PK is the first film in India to hire the services of Rentrak, a Spain-based company that provides audit services and media measurement. Also, in India, editorial space can be bought, so it's very easy to have the papers say wonderful things about you. Don't believe any of it."

Edited by wat_up - 31 December 2014 at 10:26am
IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by briahna

i know my shah does movies like hny and ce to BREAK other  khans records. i know he must be sad today, like it or not.

and imagine what bhai must be going thru. and i also wanna say this, i feel prdp is going to UNDER PEFORM next yr. bb is going to get a big big opening, which will make it sail thru a comfortable 200cr. but quality wise, both movies will suck big time.

Are SRK and SK just hype?   No.   They are superstars with massive fan following and box office pull.

Are they as big of stars as Aamir Khan?  At the moment NO!   But this sentiment among the public, and here at IF, will change after the other two's next release especially if they make good money. Doesn't even have to break records.  

Are they now, have they ever, or will they ever be in the same league as Aamir Khan in terms of acting, quality of films and taking artistic challenges and choosing meaningful scripts?   A big fat NO!!!!

Now about the bold parts above.  Yes I think SRK is probably envious. He claims that he wants to do quality work and has the desire to, but I think his desire to be a star is much stronger.  That's why he does Farah khan and Rohit Shetty films.  I think he has this insecurity about not always being number one and admired and adulated so he takes the easy way out. Salman Khan on the other hand I really don't think has any jealousy or feelings of envy here at all and I say this as someone who is not a fan of Salman Khan at all, not AT ALL!!!   I think he's aware of and has accepted his limitations as an actor. He knows he can make money with movies like Dabaang or Prem roles and maintain his star status. Besides, I think he's genuine in his friendship with Aamir and is probably very happy for him now. 

Just my two cents.  But I also want to clarify when I say that I feel that SRK is envious I don't mean that he's acting like a spoiled teenager at home right now.  I mean more in a sense that he probably reflects on his own choices and wonders why or what if.   

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sidzyDMGPigBenis-Arsal-sunflower52.Mishh007.

Sharif.Badmaash IF-Stunnerz
Sharif.Badmaash
Sharif.Badmaash

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by wat_up

Wheres aamir khans so called rentrack in india that everyone was gushing over

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.Fawkes

wat_up IF-Stunnerz
wat_up
wat_up

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sharif.Badmaash

Originally posted by wat_up

Wheres aamir khans so called rentrack in india that everyone was gushing over

I clearly meant in  india( dosmetic  and a territoral breakdown there) not overseas/wordwide..every movie uses rentrack or something worldwide, 

Edit and added more ...
because in india you cant get accuracy anyways ...and people here using dosmetc numbers by BOI ( who imo love him) or bolly hungama( producers) to get pk indias numbers as i have seen..and this chart i dont get as its in us dollars and not rupees !!  And aamir declared those sites manipulated!!..im sure were rentrack to give numbers in india it would mot be accurate either, point is aamir should not have talked nonsense and irriated me!!...

Edited by wat_up - 31 December 2014 at 10:46am

Go to top