Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Are Salman and SRK just hype? (Page 3)

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cougarTown

Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

[QUOTE=Rupalov][QUOTE=KhanSinghTomar]The real all-time worldwide stardom is still SRK>Salman>Aamir

They are of an age where their full career will be analyzed in few years. It doesn't matter who

it doesn't matter. pK is a Hirani film and Hirani film does that kind of business. If sanjay dutt's biopic crosses 250 cr, it doesn't mean Ranbir's stardom has reached 250 crores.
Dhoom is a loved franchise so it's difficult to speculate whether the audience went for Dhoom or Aamir. from what i saw, his fans were not happy with dhoom so the movie went big due to the franchise popularity.

You cannot give a dud like Talaash in the middle if you want to be regarded at the top. That's why i want to see how his next movie fares which won't have Hirani and is not a franchise like Dhoom.
What are you upset about? LOL

That way you cannot prove any one a star

What about JTHJ...yash chopra's last movie..AR rahman..katrina kaif..it wasn't just srk's name there too. 

JTHJ did a much better business worldwide than Talaash.. what are you talking about? LOL
and talaash was an amazing script compared to mediocre JTHJ.

I_M_SultaN IF-Addictz
I_M_SultaN
I_M_SultaN

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Rupalov

[QUOTE=KhanSinghTomar][QUOTE=Rupalov][QUOTE=KhanSinghTomar]The real all-time worldwide stardom is still SRK>Salman>Aamir

They are of an age where their full career will be analyzed in few years. It doesn't matter who peaked which year.

Who's upset? You made a statement and I asked for a clarification.. that's all.LOL

If Talaash  shows aamir is not at the top then what does Ra1, Don2, JTHJ - franchise films and Yash Chopra's last film- prove about SRK? Jaiho was a dud too.. why is Salman at the top then?

RA1, DON2, JTHJ shows that SRK will cross 100 crores no matter how crap the movies are.

karne ko to Ajay bhi 150 karleta hai Rohit Shetty k saath aayo to and if it's franchise, you saw the opening, samaj mai aaya bhaiya? LOL  not saying aamir is at same level as Ajay but these are facts. SRK and Salman with sheer stardom take their no-script, silly movie into 200 cr zone... i have yet to see that from Aamir.

If you are talking about who is a better actor, i would say Aamir... if you are talking about star, that's my view Wink   Provide a logical counter if you have, if you don't leave it. LOL
i can understand ur point
i feel ur right

amir is no1 tho i have a doubt till d3 but not now   but salman  will catchup soon in 2015 

but salman stardom is different

i dnt see anyother actor cross jai ho 100crs alone LOL

srk is definately in last position in recent years
i repear recent years 

Edited by MaNeBhiPyarKiya - 31 December 2014 at 8:12am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanSinghKumar

Rupalov Senior Member
Rupalov
Rupalov

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:17am | IP Logged

[

RA1, DON2, JTHJ shows that SRK will cross 100 crores no matter how crap the movies are.

karne ko to Ajay bhi 150 karleta hai Rohit Shetty k saath aayo to and if it's franchise, you saw the opening, samaj mai aaya bhaiya? LOL  not saying aamir is at same level as Ajay but these are facts. SRK and Salman with sheer stardom take their no-script, silly movie into 200 cr zone... i have yet to see that from Aamir.

If you are talking about who is a better actor, i would say Aamir... if you are talking about star, that's my view Wink   Provide a logical counter if you have, if you don't leave it. LOL

If you don't want responses then don't post on a message board. Don't tell people to leave it or that their responses are not logical. Confused We are all posting our views only - your views are not set in stone.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.FawkesQueenExpressionKhanSinghKumar

KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MaNeBhiPyarKiya

[QUOTE=Rupalov][QUOTE=KhanSinghTomar][QUOTE=Rupalov][QUOTE=KhanSinghTomar]The real all-time worldwide stardom is still SRK>Salman>Aamir

They are of an age where their full career will be analyzed in few years. It doesn't matter who peaked which year.

i can understand ur point
i feel ur right

amir is no1 tho i have a doubt till d3 but not now   but he will catchup soon in 2015 

but salman stardom is different

i dnt see anyother actor cross jai ho 100crs alone LOL

ya.. i mean i don't even deny Aamir at this particular point of time is at the top. But that doesn't mean you can trash his other contemporaries as hype.

Remove two Hirani movies and Aamir's career boxooffice statistics goes down considerably  compared to Salman and SRK.

I am a fan of all 3 Khans but i am just arguing in this thread on behalf of srk n sallu BTW ... i feel funny to 'bash' my own favouriteLOL

cougarTown IF-Rockerz
cougarTown
cougarTown

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:21am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Rupalov][QUOTE=KhanSinghTomar]The real all-time worldwide stardom is still SRK>Salman>Aamir

They are of an age where their full career will be analyzed in few years. It doesn't matter who

it doesn't matter. pK is a Hirani film and Hirani film does that kind of business. If sanjay dutt's biopic crosses 250 cr, it doesn't mean Ranbir's stardom has reached 250 crores.
Dhoom is a loved franchise so it's difficult to speculate whether the audience went for Dhoom or Aamir. from what i saw, his fans were not happy with dhoom so the movie went big due to the franchise popularity.

You cannot give a dud like Talaash in the middle if you want to be regarded at the top. That's why i want to see how his next movie fares which won't have Hirani and is not a franchise like Dhoom.
What are you upset about? LOL

That way you cannot prove any one a star

What about JTHJ...yash chopra's last movie..AR rahman..katrina kaif..it wasn't just srk's name there too. 

JTHJ did a much better business worldwide than Talaash.. what are you talking about? LOL
and talaash was an amazing script compared to mediocre JTHJ.

I was just answering when you said aamir gave d3 n pk coz of so and so..in same way srk gave what ever coz of team work too..

If d3 was a franchise so was don..popular old movie..remade then sequel..why just single out franchise thing on aamir

Also talaash cannot be compared to jthj..jthj was a commercial film..talaash waa dark..even if srk did talaash it would have grossed the same..if you want to compare it compare it with another critically acclaimed swades..and then see who stands where..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.FawkesQueenExpressionQuixotic5.Mishh007.

KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rupalov

[

If you don't want responses then don't post on a message board. Don't tell people to leave it or that their responses are not logical. Confused We are all posting our views only - your views are not set in stone.

no, i said if u have a logical counter to that reply, i am happy to hear it... i didn't say leave it even if you have an argument where i have to say, ''oh yea, that's true''...
but u brought ra1, jthj etc  which are probably srk's weakest movies boxofficewise...
u cannot compare hirani movies with them.

the line of argument was: we haven't seen Aamir making a bad script HIT, let alone blockbuster.
Two Hirani movies back to back and other Khans have become a hype for you LOL 
Salman crossing 100 crs with jai ho and srk crossing 200 crores with HNY are an examples of stardom sustaining the movie... they have immense fan following...LOL

cougarTown IF-Rockerz
cougarTown
cougarTown

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:31am | IP Logged
What about dhoom 3? It was a bad movie yet aamir made it an ATBB
Now if you gime kamil or franchise

Leme tell you in your own words..lovely and oso team returning 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.FawkesQueenExpressionQuixotic5PigBenisKhanSinghKumarScorpio_Velvet-chamkilli-.Mishh007.

KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:39am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=cougarTown][QUOTE=KhanSinghTomar][QUOTE=Rupalov][QUOTE=KhanSinghTomar]The real all-time worldwide stardom is still SRK>Salman>Aamir

I was just answering when you said aamir gave d3 n pk coz of so and so..in same way srk gave what ever coz of team work too..

If d3 was a franchise so was don..popular old movie..remade then sequel..why just single out franchise thing on aamir

Also talaash cannot be compared to jthj..jthj was a commercial film..talaash waa dark..even if srk did talaash it would have grossed the same..if you want to compare it compare it with another critically acclaimed swades..and then see who stands where..

.why just single out franchise thing on aamir------  no that just came in course of argument, i m not singling out aamir..
if Don next installment doesn't do 200 cr+ business, mujhe bol dena LOL

even if srk did talaash it would have grossed the same.----- i doubt this.. because of my belief SRK and Salman fans go to watch their movies no matter what! but no point predicting a hypothetical scenario,  LOL

swades and talaash-- u cannot compare them ..the release dates are too far away from each other

who stands where..---- till now, probably SRK and Salman total career boxoffice collections are higher than Aamir's. That's where they standLOL.  Probably aamir has caught up with pk, i haven't checked recently...don't see any other way to compare them...

Go to top