Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Are Salman and SRK just hype? (Page 2)

Rupalov Senior Member
Rupalov
Rupalov

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

The real all-time worldwide stardom is still SRK>Salman>Aamir

They are of an age where their full career will be analyzed in few years. It doesn't matter who peaked which year.

I am ready to accept Aamir has surpassed SRK's and Salman's stardom if his next movie does a similar business

Aamir's last two movies have beaten the hell out of Salman's and Shah's last few movies - beaten their highest grosser's collections in 9-10 days.  Why do you need a third movie to prove he is ahead? 2 ATBBs back 2back isn't good enough? Aamir did that twice.. other's not even once.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

sidzyDMGF.M.D.SahirkhanQueenExpression-Arsal-PigBeniscougarTownsunflower52Scorpio_Velvet-chamkilli-.Mishh007.

cougarTown IF-Rockerz
cougarTown
cougarTown

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Aamir gives us pride. He is taking BW to another level.
What is srk doing? It is embarrassing to see his films post 2011. Quite a shame

Salman has always been masala lover but for some one who once did movies like DDLJ, swades CDI..it is a massive step down. He either glorifies his own self in movies (billu) or does mindless trash (ra one jthj CE HNY..) 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SahirkhanQueenExpression

Scorpio_Velvet IF-Sizzlerz
Scorpio_Velvet
Scorpio_Velvet

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rupalov

They are of an age where their full career will be analyzed in few years. It doesn't matter who peaked which year.

I am ready to accept Aamir has surpassed SRK's and Salman's stardom if his next movie does a similar business

Aamir's last two movies have beaten the hell out of Salman's and Shah's last few movies - beaten their highest grosser's collections in 9-10 days. Why do you need a third movie to prove he is ahead? 2 ATBBs back 2back isn't good enough? Aamir did that twice.. other's not even once.

True. Aamir doesn't have to prove anything. He's had 3 ATBBs in last decade. SRK and Salman have none. Even Dabangg was 50 cr behind 3I. Aamir also had 100 cr Ghajini and 200 cr 3I while other two hadn't even entered 100 cr club. Now he"ll have a 300 cr film in PK while other two are far behind even his second highest D3.

Starpower should be measured on BO pull.

Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 31 December 2014 at 7:03am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sidzyDMGRupalovFiery.FawkesQueenExpressionPigBenissunflower52cougarTown-chamkilli-.Mishh007.

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 7:53am | IP Logged

Aamir's last two movies have beaten the hell out of Salman's and Shah's last few movies - beaten their highest grosser's collections in 9-10 days.  Why do you need a third movie to prove he is ahead? 2 ATBBs back 2back isn't good enough? Aamir did that twice.. other's not even once.

it doesn't matter. pK is a Hirani film and Hirani film does that kind of business. If sanjay dutt's biopic crosses 250 cr, it doesn't mean Ranbir's stardom has reached 250 crores.
Dhoom is a loved franchise so it's difficult to speculate whether the audience went for Dhoom or Aamir. from what i saw, his fans were not happy with dhoom so the movie went big due to the franchise popularity.

You cannot give a dud like Talaash in the middle if you want to be regarded at the top. That's why i want to see how his next movie fares which won't have Hirani and is not a franchise like Dhoom.
What are you upset about? LOL

Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 31 December 2014 at 8:03am
Rupalov Senior Member
Rupalov
Rupalov

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 7:59am | IP Logged

it doesn't matter. pK is a Hirani film and Hirani film does that kind of business. If sanjay dutt's biopic crosses 250 cr, it doesn't mean Ranbir's stardom has reached 250 crores.
Dhoom is a loved franchise so it's difficult to speculate whether the audience went for Dhoom or Aamir. Of course, his fans went for him.

You cannot give a dud like Talaash in the middle if you want to be regarded at the top. That's why i want to see how his next movie fares which won't have Hirani and is not a franchise like Dhoom.

Who's upset? You made a statement and I asked for a clarification.. that's all.LOL

If Talaash  shows aamir is not at the top then what does Ra1, Don2, JTHJ - franchise films and Yash Chopra's last film- prove about SRK? Jaiho was a dud too.. why is Salman at the top then?

Fiery.FawkesQueenExpression

cougarTown IF-Rockerz
cougarTown
cougarTown

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:07am | IP Logged

Dhoom is a loved franchise so it's difficult to speculate whether the audience went for Dhoom or Aamir. from what i saw, his fans were not happy with dhoom so the movie went big due to the franchise popularity.

That way you cannot prove any one a star

What about JTHJ...yash chopra's last movie..AR rahman..katrina kaif..it wasn't just srk's name there too. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sidzyDMGFiery.FawkesQueenExpression

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:09am | IP Logged

[QUOTE=KhanSinghTomar][QUOTE=Rupalov][QUOTE=KhanSinghTomar]The real all-time worldwide stardom is still SRK>Salman>Aamir

Who's upset? You made a statement and I asked for a clarification.. that's all.LOL

If Talaash  shows aamir is not at the top then what does Ra1, Don2, JTHJ - franchise films and Yash Chopra's last film- prove about SRK? Jaiho was a dud too.. why is Salman at the top then?

RA1, DON2, JTHJ shows that SRK will cross 100 crores no matter how crap the movies are.

karne ko to Ajay bhi 150 karleta hai Rohit Shetty k saath aayo to and if it's franchise, you saw the opening, samaj mai aaya bhaiya? LOL  not saying aamir is at same level as Ajay but these are facts. SRK and Salman with sheer stardom take their no-script, silly movie into 200 cr zone... i have yet to see that from Aamir.

If you are talking about who is a better actor, i would say Aamir... if you are talking about star, that's my view Wink   Provide a logical counter if you have, if you don't leave it. LOL

lovely_ladyI_M_SultaN

Mr.Sareen Senior Member
Mr.Sareen
Mr.Sareen

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 8:10am | IP Logged
Not a question for me..

Go to top