Ek Haseena Thi

India-Forums

Ek Haseena Thi
Ek Haseena Thi

EHT is treated as one of the success stories of 2014 (Page 2)

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 06 January 2015 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
@Anu my point is simple. I wont say EHT was a masterpiece or something. In TV world success is measured by TRP not the quality of the show. Shows like PR, Uttaran, SNS, Sasural Simar ka are treated success in TV world. Because of that we keep on getting more and more trash like that as people feel that is the only thing that can succeed.
Other category that succeeds is Mythology or Historical show. I mean Mahabharath, JA, Maharana Pratap etc..
Any new concept falls flat in the TRP race ensuring people simply don't take such concept. In such a scenario EHT finally in that top 10 atleast for 2 months and slot leader for 2 weeks make a statement. That yes there is a chance for such a show to succeed if the time slot is choosen correctly.

On the other hand if the TRP didn't rise, if the show has ended without TRP it again proves the concept only saas bahu survives.

Look at the media which had completely ignored EHT from Oct coming up with articles post it wrap up. Tellybuzz itself has 2 interviews with Vatsal and Bhuvnesh. Telly Tadka has article. So that TRP helped the show, its concept to get noticed. Characters like Sakshi and Durga get noticed.

Veera got extension look at its condition. It is butchered beyond recognition. The strong title character is reduced to a crying crying girl, her brother's chara which was the basis for the whole story is changed beyond recognition. DABH I have nothing to tell. It was good but a mess now.

Maybe after TRP didn't rise the demand of the channel would have been to bring some soapy twist for the extension. Like kit pit between Suchitra Durga, more abuse by Dev towards Durga, Payal falling for Dev or Aakash falling for Durga and plotting against Dev or Dev saving Durga from rape. Maybe PH disagreed to those demands and might have taken the exit route.

And obviously the TRP that it finally got gave them the voice that their concept won, which otherwise would not have been possible.

Yes sticking to that concept and finally TRP for that concept has given chance to some other producer to go for something different, something better  but analyze the failures of EHT and position his product strategically to get better viewership.

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 06 January 2015 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
I agree correct time slot, channel and creatives matter. There is some room for different content. 
But EHT TRP is still not indicative of a significant trend in viewers considering it shot up only after marriage drama and due to extremely weak competition.

We can only predict if it would have seen better success at say, a late night slot or a different channel. Otherwise difficult to judge.

Did their concept really win? If it had, then it wouldn't have ended the way it was made to. Star Plus has not even started airing EHT on Star Utsav where usually off air shows are telecast soon after their end. They readily aired DKDM after it ended on LO. But not EHT.

I am not calling it a disaster. Just that its success is middling and still not indicative of trend of unique shows. 

DKDM was called trendsetter only after it broke all time TRP records when the Mahakali episode got rating over 8.2. It is still the most viewed Hindi show on YouTube. 

Whereas EHT has never been in top shows on YT nor broken any all time record even once.

Slot leader when rest of the shows in that slot have nothing to offer, is just a saving grace for EHT itself than an indicator of greater trend IMO.

Regarding media, I feel its lack of coverage also had a lot to do with fallout that Vatsal and Sanjeeda had with some outlets including SBS. They were bashed and boycotted due to their attitude. So was the rest of the show. Only TRP was not responsible. Even flop shows get media coverage. 

Earlier TB had interviews with EHT team too. It has not got coverage only now due to TRP.
shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 07 January 2015 at 1:22am | IP Logged
@Anu if the concept didn't win I wouldn't see an article like this

Read it and see if something sounds similar. Look at the way it is marketed. Not a thriller,  Family drama , just a mystery. Zee has seen what needs to be seen. I am sure they will position it in the right way at the right slot.

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 07 January 2015 at 3:45am | IP Logged
It is not similar only to EHT. Such shows with rich vs poor, political backdrop and murder/disappearance mystery were there both on Sony, Colors and Zee in recent past too. I do not credit EHT for supposedly inspiring these makers!

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 07 January 2015 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Fine Anu. I am stopping it here. It is better we agree to disagree on EHT. Because when something doesn't meet your expectation people always tend to pick only negative, same way I am doing with DABH. Because maybe I will not feel that extreme about EHT because I was never really involved completely into it and I only keep Payal beating Shaurya scene in my eyes whenever I think of EHT and it kinda satisfied me as a viewer close to 80%. So in my eyes EHT is success as far as whatever I have seen in Indian TV in past 2 years as it was different and it maintained the difference till the very end. Also perception and expectation varies from person to person.
atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 08 January 2015 at 8:03am | IP Logged
If it was a success in your eyes then so be it. I am not contesting your personal POV.
But it is unfair to call others negative if their opinion doesn't match yours.

Star Plus released a year ender type video of their Best moments of 2014 yesterday. They did not include even a mention of EHT in it. EHT is not there in high points of TV of 2014 lists by DNA, India Today, TOI, HT either. 

Only few sites like Telly Tadka or IF put it in their success stories of 2014 lists. Rest of the media and SP itself, didn't even mention it. The Asian Age included it in list of disappointments of 2014.

Therefore it's a mixed bag. Not exactly a disaster, neither entirely a success story. I am not being positive or negative. Just putting forth things as it is. 

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 08 January 2015 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
res

Edited by shruthiravi - 08 January 2015 at 10:31pm
shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 15 January 2015 at 1:50am | IP Logged
I don't know what SP want to do or not to do. I don't care whether SP included EHT in its best moments or not but as a viewer for me EHT was a path breaking show. It not only gave 2 strong female characters in Durga and Sakshi, it also gave a male lead Dev who decides to stand for truth against his family and also  wholeheartedly accepts a deviant woman fully understanding why she did what she did.

Go to top