EHT is treated as one of the success stories of 2014 - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
@Anu if the concept didn't win I wouldn't see an article like this

Read it and see if something sounds similar. Look at the way it is marketed. Not a thriller,  Family drama , just a mystery. Zee has seen what needs to be seen. I am sure they will position it in the right way at the right slot.

It is not similar only to EHT. Such shows with rich vs poor, political backdrop and murder/disappearance mystery were there both on Sony, Colors and Zee in recent past too. I do not credit EHT for supposedly inspiring these makers!

Fine Anu. I am stopping it here. It is better we agree to disagree on EHT. Because when something doesn't meet your expectation people always tend to pick only negative, same way I am doing with DABH. Because maybe I will not feel that extreme about EHT because I was never really involved completely into it and I only keep Payal beating Shaurya scene in my eyes whenever I think of EHT and it kinda satisfied me as a viewer close to 80%. So in my eyes EHT is success as far as whatever I have seen in Indian TV in past 2 years as it was different and it maintained the difference till the very end. Also perception and expectation varies from person to person.
If it was a success in your eyes then so be it. I am not contesting your personal POV.
But it is unfair to call others negative if their opinion doesn't match yours.

Star Plus released a year ender type video of their Best moments of 2014 yesterday. They did not include even a mention of EHT in it. EHT is not there in high points of TV of 2014 lists by DNA, India Today, TOI, HT either. 

Only few sites like Telly Tadka or IF put it in their success stories of 2014 lists. Rest of the media and SP itself, didn't even mention it. The Asian Age included it in list of disappointments of 2014.

Therefore it's a mixed bag. Not exactly a disaster, neither entirely a success story. I am not being positive or negative. Just putting forth things as it is. 

res
Edited by shruthiravi - 9 years ago
I don't know what SP want to do or not to do. I don't care whether SP included EHT in its best moments or not but as a viewer for me EHT was a path breaking show. It not only gave 2 strong female characters in Durga and Sakshi, it also gave a male lead Dev who decides to stand for truth against his family and also  wholeheartedly accepts a deviant woman fully understanding why she did what she did.

Shrutiravi
You said we should end it here still you are talking about your personal opinion on how pathbreaking this show is!

I did say you have right to your opinion. And I reserve the right to my opinion. It is an okay show, a middling success IMO. 

You have your opinion. I have mine. Media and even the channel itself have their own opinions. 

It's over. So let bygones be bygones now. Let everyone keep their opinion, including those who don't think EHT is some legend!

Channel itself doesn't bother about it. So why are we still discussing it?
Edited by atominis - 9 years ago