Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

What went wrong with DABH (Page 3)

Neel_M IF-Sizzlerz
Neel_M
Neel_M

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruthiravi

@Hemaji and Neel do you really feel after all they have shown whatever explanation they give to Sooraj's behavior will be acceptable to the thinking crowd. From an inspirational husband to egoistc husband.
And if someone just sees the show from now the way Sandhya talk it look like Bhabo is the one who made her IPS. Her maa who spend sleepless nights for her, who fed food to her while she studied, prayed for her success. Current dialogues seem like Bhabo did all this Angry. And that is what that irritates me the most.

We the viewers who watched DABH exactly know what Bhabo did and what Bhabo didn't do. The credit that solely belonged to Sooraj is hijacked by Bhabo Maiyya. Sooraj literally carried her to her destination while Bhabo played every trick in her book to stop her. But now credit to Bhabo and discredit to Sooraj.

I am sorry to say this but I really really feel after seeing DABH for this current year Sandhya never really loved Sooraj, she just used to him satisfy her ambition and her emotional need of having a family. That's it.
Shruthi, you got it right, all credits goes to Bhabo despite of matka phor or LC or what not...
Who is Suraj? What was his contribution to bring Sandhya's dream true Ouch

CVs are just making kichri of characters one after another, but in the process of making it they should have spared Suraj.
Suraj's character was portrayed as a cleaned manner that no stupid reason or logic can justify his demotion to a new version of Suraj...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jane_austen.NJ.shruthiravi

*Dev.* IF-Stunnerz
*Dev.*
*Dev.*

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 11:09am | IP Logged
I agree with you on every point EXCEPT the one where you stated as female lead as Door Mat. And also this will come under name calling, so better to not use terms which degrade a fictional character. Sandhya is Not a Door mat. As an IPS officer, she has taken decisions professionally without getting influenced by her family. 
And the clear reason for Sandhya's low decision making is interference of Rathi family in Sandhya's work.  They interfere too much in her work. And this time even Suraj has misunderstood Sandhya and is behaving immaturely. 

I do not know why they do not give dialogues to Suraj anymore. Even when Anas as Suraj delivers dialogues, they do not focus on him. 
They need to concentrate more on good story instead of TRP race because they are already successful.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mahiwayyySonali_11.NJ.Neel_M

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
@Dev Sandhya is a fictional character whom they are trying to show as inspirational. Taking decisions professionally when all is going good does not differentiate you, but taking decisions which the society can question, standing upto injustice meted out to her in the family makes you inspirational. Also door mat was meant for her status in RP. Exactly she is like that only with people walking all over her.
And coming to liberation you don't need IPS and Sandhya is a classic example of a woman in a cage even with IPS.
And yes I can use terms to degrade a fictional character, though I cannot use the same for a real person.
When you can use names and symbolisms for praising a fictional character same can be used for degrading the fictional character also.

Edited by shruthiravi - 01 January 2015 at 9:06pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Venus12LVDT

LVDT Goldie
LVDT
LVDT

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
Vv Good Post Shruti d Clap
nice comments by all

CVS can't think beyond Bhasan LOL
suman2 Groupbie
suman2
suman2

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Hi Shruti,

First of all ClapClapClapClap for your content, writing style (just like a top line magazine editor) and satire...you summed it up well !! I wish CVs can take  a look at your post and learn from it.

Thanks for sharing.

Suman

Venus12shruthiravi

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 01 January 2015 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
Thanks a lot Suman for the appreciation that my writing style resembles that of a editor of top line magazine , though I feel I have a long way to go to reach there as I have seen some very fine content writers in EHT forum.
But still appreciation matters and it will of course boost my confidence to write and analyze better.
Sonali_11 IF-Dazzler
Sonali_11
Sonali_11

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 4:54am | IP Logged
DABH is the only show on television which I would say has maintained its charm over the years ..
Every track might not be perfect, but they try to bring out something new and unique. Had no problems with Hijack track either, this is also something which any other show cant even dare to experiment.

Coming to the characters ,I will talk mainly about Surya as they are the leads ..A little bit of inconsistency here and there does not matter to me as its fiction and sometimes they have to make changes according to the demand of the track.
I dont blame the creatives for it because the shows run on the basis of trp so u never know when a track changes.

Sandhya and Suraj both as fictional characters have their weaknesses and strengths..
Both are family oriented ,sacrificing ( which is something I dont like though) , traditional and full of morals .. But the over all portrayal is amazing  and It can be inspirational if u want to take out good things from the serial or even their characters..

Suraj being by Sandhya's side, making her dream his own is something I consider inspirational ..Coming to Sandhya she is intelligent  , studious , is a top IPS officer now  yet very traditional and family oriented at heart ..A rare combo .
I woud disagree she is a door mat, Infact she is only female lead who actually speaks for whats right and wrong...
f one part of DABH is  about Surya one part was about the clash between modern soch and nayi soch which was presented very well through Bhabo and Sandhya  which resulted in Bhabo understanding Sandhya's beliefs .
Coming to the  behaviour of Rathi parivar , they are always like this.
When Sandhya does something good they praise her , when she does bad they taunt her like forever

In-laws can never change their mentality, Whats the use of being assertive here..If Suraj is supporting her theres no way any trouble can come Surya's way.
Suraj's change in behaviour might be temporary and lets wait what reason they give for this.. 

Edited by Sonali_11 - 02 January 2015 at 4:58am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mahiwayyyJaishankarAhamyTedthala

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 04 January 2015 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
@Sonali you are talking to a married woman. Don't tell in laws never change their mentality or they never respect you or really treat you part of the house. They will and for that you don't need to be a Sandhya. So let us keep aside that.

Sandhya is not the female lead who speaks what is right. I would say she is the lead who appeases the ego of Bhabo like people who think a working woman has to be a door mat like her. She is a door mat.
Sooraj is the inspirational character in DABH, not Sandhya. Sandhya cannot take any independent decision if her sanskaar is questioned. Whereas Sooraj takes the blame and yet take radical decisions. Inspirational characters are like that. Not like Sandhya. They take radical decision or I would say listen to their heart without thinking what the society will say about them if by any chance they fail. Sandhya has no attribute in that area. Being studious does not make you inspirational.

And Durga in EHT, leave Durga Payal and Sagarika in EHT were far more inspirational than Sandhya. I am watching Everest. Anjali comes across as a girl who has got a level head on her shoulders. All these girls have their core values intact, but then they know to stand up for themselves without fearing what society will tell about me. Unfortuantely TRP audience cannot take ladies like Durga and Anjali who has a mind of their own. They prefer Sandhya the door mat bahu.

So let us do one thing Sonali let us agree to disagree on Sandhya. Most probably this will be my last post in DABH forum as I have stopped seeing the show as well as I don't take any more interest in following the WU also. After being loyal to the show for close to 2 years I have a right to put forth my view point and I have put it forth with valid examples also. Viewer's watching it has every right to enjoy it and treat Sandhya as inspirational if they want to. My post I said in very beginning itself is not for CVs or for those viewer's, but it is for some other youngsters who are confused whether they need to be a Sandhya to be successful, I feel I owe to them they need not from my personal experience. To tell them they have a choice, nothing is above their self respect. And as I said if one girl can take decision for herself unlike Sandhya and stand by it, I feel happy that I changed one life for good.

Venus12Jaishankar

Go to top