Ek Mutthi Aasmaan
Ek Mutthi Aasmaan

Re posting- RagNa OS: His Oblivious Valentine

mehr05 IF-Rockerz
mehr05
mehr05

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 9:49pm | IP Logged

hello all you beautiful people!

here's me re posting my OS that i wrote for this year 2014's Valentine OS contest.

Title: His Oblivious Valentine

1 night prior V day

Since the day of the presentation and the realization that Kalpi meant so much to him, Raghav has openly accepted the truth. He loves Kalpi, truly and deeply. In fact, now that he ponders well, throughout all these years he's been away from her, no one has ever been able to reach the place he had set for her, involuntary for sure, in his heart. It has always been her, only her. Raghav was overjoyed and this new feeling was so potent. His Kalpi!

But a thought sobered him all of a sudden. Of his feelings, he is sure but what about Kalpi? Does she feel anything for him? If he confesses now, she will find it weird, or even think so wrong of him. One day he is blasting her, firing her and the next day, direct I love you! No, she will flee. Raghav sat down and frowned at his own image in a nearby mirror. No, Kalpi is mine. So what, if she doesn't have anything for me right now in her heart and mind, I'll kindle it for her. I can't lose her, not now. Just then, on the TV, they wished all viewers a Happy valentine's Day. Raghav smiled wickedly at the TV and said to an empty bedroom:

"Miss Jadhav, prepare yourself! because tomorrow will mark the first day of our love story, my love."

Valentine's day

Kalpi was running up the staircase to reach office on time. The lifts on the ground floor was stuck somewhere and now she had to climb six stairs. Talk about fitness! When she finally arrived at the office, she shot a glance at the huge clock and she was five minutes earlier in reporting to work. Thank God! Or else what another blasting she would have been targeted by that Khadoos boss!

She sat at her desk and tried to calm her breathings. She was panting and struggling to calm her speeding heart. The sudden buzz of the intercom made her startled. Raghav! He's already here! She quickly picked up the call.

"In my office, now!" she was about to reply a simple yes, sir but the line was cut. Kalpi rose from her seat, huffing and puffing and breathing hard and went to knock on his door.

"Yes, come in. Miss Jadhav, Maya has just called and said that at the Empire Mall, there will be a business meeting at five O'clock, sharp." Raghav said but without looking at her at all. He was busy with his phone, as usual.

"Yes, sir, I'll inform Paakhi, I mean, Miss Kapoor that she gets ready." Kalpi turned to leave when Raghav stopped her.

"The presentation was done by you and it has got no involvement of Miss Kapoor in it. So it's you who will be accompanying me to this meeting. Is that clear? Now, move fast, complete all your given tasks and by 3 30 pm and then report here again. Mind it, I hate lateness." 

"I will be on time sir. Anything else?" asked Kalpi.

"yes, just why are you panting?" Raghav enquired looking at her.

Kalpi was stunned that he remarked that. Concern for her? Impossible!

"Yes, I had to take the stairs as the lifts were not working properly." Kalpi hurriedly rushed out of the room as it was suddenly feeling stifling in there. His eyes! What was that look he gave me? There was concern and another strong emotion that she couldn't read. She busied herself in her work till 3 30 pm, reported back to his office and they set off to the mall in his car.

"Is there a go slow today, sir?" asked Kalpi. They have been driving for so long and she was surprised that Mr. Raghav Singhania listens to music in his car, and that too, romantic tracks.

"No! Why? Oh, actually the way to Empire Mall is usually heavily jammed on these times. I'm taking a detour. You sit back and enjoy. Take it as a long drive, hmmm?" replied Raghav with a smile.

Long drive? Kalpi looked at Raghav to see if he was pulling her legs but that smile was genuine. She settled back in her seat more comfortably and hummed some lines from her favorite song airing on the radio. Raghav glanced her way and smiled inwardly to himself. Long drive with Kalpi-checked!

At last they arrived at the mall, Kalpi hurriedly got out of the car and waited at the entrance for Raghav to come as he went to park the car. Everywhere was red, white and gold. So many girls passed by her and were wearing red, some with roses in their hands. Kalpi was confused but all of a sudden, she remembered the date-14th February! OMG! It's Valentine's Day. She was so happy at once. Lover's Day. Love!

But she sobered quickly when she saw Raghav coming towards her. She was amazed by his walking style. So sure of himself, confident and it was no surprise that some girls even while they were at the arms of their boyfriends, turned to give him an appreciative look. Kalpi started to feel hot. She just don't like the way these girls were ogling at him.

Raghav came to her and caught hold of her elbow "shall we?" he said and they moved in.

They were walking side by side and Kalpi was looking in the shops glittering windows when a gorgeous sari caught her attention. She stopped dead in her track. She couldn't tear her eyes away from the sari. Golden choli and deep crimson red sari.

Raghav noticed her and understood the situation very well.

" Miss Jadhav, see, this meeting is with delegates and all and I want you to be properly groomed for the occasion. Why not we buy a something for you. We are still in time for the meeting. Let's see...there! That sari. It's perfect for the occasion."

"oh no, sir. I'm perfectly dressed..." she was cut short by a Raghav who was already on his way in the shop. She had to run to match his pace.

"it will be very expensive and I..." Kalpi wasn't allowed to finish her sentence.

"Take it from Raghav group of Companies. It's for the interest of the work. That's all to it." Raghav went to the counter, gave several instructions, showed his cards and Kalpi was dragged along with the salesgirl to the trial room and minutes later, she emerged in the sari. A backless sari and she had to pin her hair up in a loose bun, with tendrils falling gracefully on one side of her neck. She was breathtakingly beautiful! Raghav kept on staring at her for God knows how long and its only when Kalpi said:

"Sir, if you find it too much, I'll change immediately." said a frowning Kalpi.

"No! You look fine. Let's make a move." Raghav offered her his arm and hesitating a lot, finally Kalpi settled her hand lightly on his offered arm and was quite surprised when he tucked her hand more comfortably.

They went to the top floor of the mall, where the meeting is planned. It was an exclusive restaurant, chic and desert. There was no one present, except a man who was doing a painting.

"You sure sir, the meeting is here?" asked a puzzled Kalpi. Raghav nodded and went to talk with the artist.

When he came back he was smiling like a kid does. He was very excited about something. Kalpi found it infectious and smiled back at him.

"Kalpi, that man there proposed to make a portrait of me. I've wanted it for so long. Finally got the chance. I really want to have it made now. Why don't you join me? We can have a portrait made for us both, together. Come!" Raghav dragged Kalpi to the artist. After trying different pose, Raghav finally held her in an embrace, her head tucked under his chin. The artist agreed for this pose and they stayed like that for two long hours!!!

Raghav thought to himself: portrait made-checked! Bonus: holding Kalpi for two hours. He chuckled to himself as he reviewed his luck.

When Kalpi checked her watch, she gasped at the time shown. It was past 6 pm and night has already fallen. She was so lost in being in Raghav's embrace that she forgot the notion of time.

"Sir, it's already six thirty pm already and Maya madam is not here yet. You sure the meeting is for today only?" asked Kalpi to a strangely fussing Raghav.

"Of course, maybe she's caught up somewhere. See, I'm feeling really hungry. This is one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten in. food is sumptuous. Let's start dinner and wait for Maya."

Raghav didn't give her time to agree or not. He called a waiter and soon, they were seated at a table for two and that too on the balcony. The stars were twinkling and it was a mesmerizing place to be. Kalpi felt like she was out of this world. Fresh air, stars in the sky, candles on the table, soft soothing music in the background and then, a 7 course meal was served, all delicious.

"Really sir, why did you order so much food!" asked Kalpi to a Raghav who was so interested in his food.

"That's how hungry I am. Have you tasted this? Delicious na?" Kalpi was surprised as Raghav leaned forward and popped a cherry in her mouth. She nodded and tried to keep her calm. Her heart was racing tens a mile. This is surreal. A dream, Kalpi. Candle lit dinner, with Raghav!

When the meal was over, Raghav excused himself to settle the bill and said to Kalpi that he wants to personally thank the chef for his work. Kalpi was still coming to terms with what happened to her during this crazy whole day when a waiter came to her table and handed her a huge bouquet of red roses. It was so beautiful.

"Compliments from the house, madam. Happy Valentine's Day." Said the grinning waiter and eclipsed from there.

Kalpi glanced around to see if other clients too received this complimentary gift but she saw none. She was unable to ponder much about that as Raghav came, decided to make a move as seemingly Maya madam cancelled the meeting and without making any comment on the huge bouquet she held.

She sat in the car and held her bouquet close to her. It smelled great and she didn't know why, but she felt that this bouquet was given to her by Raghav only. Silly Kalpi!

Raghav stared lovingly at Kalpi and said to himself: "my very first Valentine's Day, with the love of my life. One of the best days of my existence and she is oblivious to everything!"

The following 30 member(s) liked the above post:

asmita24Legachitra8708laila26apsa243nimmynatarajanmattieramSukku24savariyaAutummsweet_aditib.bahetiNiki1980Fly2TheStarsovee-Maggi-Frozenfantasyabxetzdarkloveriammaarushkaavyshuu..Skyfallslolorpremapswara2504sweet1308SamBrickashahsb_26MagicalMadness...Natasha...

mattieram Senior Member
mattieram
mattieram

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Loved it!!!!
lolor IF-Dazzler
lolor
lolor

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
Beautiful...pls update 2nd part ..raghav proposing kalpi...
SamBricka IF-Rockerz
SamBricka
SamBricka

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
lovely
abxetz IF-Dazzler
abxetz
abxetz

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Interesting Smile
vyshuu.. IF-Dazzler
vyshuu..
vyshuu..

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
Woww!! Beautiful n lovelyyy os dear...Day Dreaming
I loved each n evry scene in it!!! Big smile
shahsb_26 IF-Sizzlerz
shahsb_26
shahsb_26

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
omg..!! that's sooo lovely..!!! <3 Cute and Adorable..!!
A Gift, A Portrait, Long Drive, and Dinner..!!
charvi3 IF-Dazzler
charvi3
charvi3

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Wonderful update dear...loved it...Tongue
Happy New yearHug

Go to top