Humsafars

Sushpective: There is a side to you I never knew never knew.... - Page 3

-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Leesan

Brilliant post as usual Sush, very insightful and though provoking , done in your own unique appealing style! And Shweta delivers as usual, great job both of you , many thanks! 

The WUs seem to be on holiday of late so I'm flailing around ,scouring the thread for answers, and just picking up bits and pieces here nd there.But I think I got the gist of today's epi anyhow,if not all the details. πŸ˜‰

By Sush:"Ok...about Sahirs dialogues...they are very deep...
But you see that's where I stop relating with the Shayar types...it is this self pitying...I have to live with this pain...I am doomed...and all that...

Snap out of if man...make a decision...you are making the previous wife have this hold on you...it is your mindset that is the problem...nothing else...
So would you please stop self mutilating and just get a grip!! Will ya!! "

Leesan:  Eggzactly! πŸ‘  You've taken the words straight out of my mouth!  Look, I recognize a lot of stuff happens in these shows for dramatic effect,creative license etc, but sometimes it's difficult for me to empathize with these characters who seem to hold on to issues of their past life forever and  ever to their own detriment ,and at times to the detriment of everyone else around them. Get a grip people! Life is full of ups and downs, for most people and you have to cope and roll with the punches. There are millions who have it so much worse, and have to soldier on in spite of their harsh realities.

I cannot begin to describe the traumatic events I've encountered through my work, too horrendous to discuss, but I've also witnessed extreme powers of healing, forgiveness and courage from people who've lost everything including their families. Some cope better than others for sure,but the human spirit to survive and move ahead can be truly amazing and humbling to those of us who have so much in comparison. 

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I just don't get what all this extreme angst and self mutilation is all about? Seems highly unwarranted to me. So your comatose wife might have insulted and cheated you 7 years ago, when she was all of 22, hey it happens all the time. Spouses die or desert their families everyday , breaking many hearts in the process. Same for parents, it's devastating but life goes on. The ones left behind can't continue to self destruct in this"oh  woe is me "mode , yes there's mourning and grieving but life goes on, and so must we.  Unless there's some huge past crisis yet to be revealed, all this self flagellation and cutting drama comes across as a bit self indulgent to me. Lets see! 

Agreed Leesie...
These soaps thrive on the theme of an ML with a troubled past...
So far...they showed a character who was troubled but fair ...believed in some things but was reasonable...(sans the factory burning thing)...then came the deal...and his reaction...also made sense...he was in a corner and he had to save the deal...so he did what he could to take Arzoo out of Zakis path...the past was not used as an excuse for any of that...

But this whole deal about saying that Arzoo is playing both the brothers for money...made more sense as an emotional reaction first...but today for him to say she was pretending was not genuine...the only way I think it makes sense is the way Red put it yesterday...he knew Arzoo will reject him after saying this so...he rejected the whole idea...

But self mutilation is a complete no no in my books...It is sign of a sick mind... There is nothing charming or romantic about it...I hope they get out of this 16th century...I am an artist who has been wronged by the world ...pain is my destiny ...to justify this self mutilation deal...doesn't fly with me...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sush- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ecrivain

Yo Sush ...I agree with u today on so many points ..looks like u have just penned down my own thoughts πŸ˜†
Shweta lovely collages as usual...πŸ˜ƒ

To begin with I think the epi was ok but could have been better tied..especially cos the way sahir faked Romance n ket ARZOO on n then abruptly broke her heart didn't quiet explain how it will solve the purpose of getting zaki hitched to Sam ???beats me how a heartbreak will also keep ARZOO away from zaki ...or is he trying to shoo Rehman so tht ARZOO n zaki can be one πŸ˜²?.i don't Know but it doesn't make sense as of now 

Second shivya sort of Needs to set in the emo scenes cos tht certainly takes away the intensity ..I know she is new n was ok but I defo needed a better than ok ...the epi HAD to belong to ARZOO n should have Made us all cry but it didn't happen at all 

Third as much as I feel n connect to sahir 's Pain this was the SECOND self destructive Scene n it's a no go area ...defo doesn't need to be shown on tv ...especially at prime time 

Otherwise it was an ok epi ..let's see wht the new years brings in

HI EC...I think they are trying to show that he thinks he doesn't need to go with the charades to get Zaki to marry Samaira...it looks more like wishful thinking than something he can count on...I think he just figured the truth can't be kept away from Arzoo ...so he conceded and told her the truth himself...it would have been more damaging to not do so...but telling Arzoo that she was playing a game wasn't a wise move...

Shivya was OK...but not great! The scene was too demanding...the only scene where I felt the pain was when Zaki was comforting her...and Zakis dialogues...
Edited by -Sush- - 9 years ago
-Sush- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: redviolet

In a way Sush, Kurti Appa is right. "Zeenat jeet gayi." Even seven years after she went into a coma, lives continue to be destroyed do to the damage she has done. But this all could have been prevented IF someone was not so weak at heart. IF someone could not take her words to heart. If someone put proving her wrong above his morality. Plenty of people try to put you down it depends on how you deal with it.

She was so right Zeenat jeet gayi. A girl who used him for money and told him he was not capable of anything, her words mattered more than a girl who was willing to put her reputation at stake for him. He put her words over the first person who came into his life and genuinely tried to share his pain. Does Saahir even realize what he has lost at the stake for what? Well actually I don't even care what he loses. It's going to take a lot for me to empathize with him EVER again.

Please Ms Gul or whoever is responsible for the content getting Arzoo closed to being raped was no way to start a redemption track if that is what you intend to show. It takes Arzoo close to being raped for Saahir to start feeling guilty enough to start repenting for his deeds? Any person with even an ounce of empathy would wonder what they could do for Arzoo after that. Further more Saahir should be repenting for his OWN actions which were bad enough on their own. The rape route didn't need to be taken. Unless there trying to send a social message for girls to be cautious and safe I saw no need for such drama. It might get TRPs going but SERIOUSLY?

Even though Saahir felt guilt for her being broken down it is still not enough to convince me that he loves her. A person with even an ounce of morality left in their heart would feel guilty for their actions after that. And why did he have to be so cruel? He could have made the heart break much gentler. Him telling her he is a married man would have been more than enough for her to stay away from him forever.

What angered me more? He goes into his room and claims life put him in this situation? Blaming everything else in the world besides himself. Life did not put you in this situation SAC. You chose to behave like a victim. You decided to take you ex-wife's words to heart and govern yourself by a promise. You chose to behave like a criminal. You chose to burn down a factory. You chose to gamble with someone life. You chose to be a hypocrite. You sit there whining about how someone played with your feelings for money yet you chose to do the same to someone else.

Zaki is one of the most considerate and strongest side characters I have even seen. He LOST Arzoo to his brother. But he never chose to behave like a LOSER. This was a golden opportunity to make Saahir look evil in front of Arzoo but he is not into manipulation like others. He is not going to be governed by his loss. He didn't let this get under his skin and instead saw the bigger picture. If only everyone could see the BIGGER PICTURE?

Great post Sush! Your post about Zaki is bang on!  You third post about why Saahir is being so cruel and if this is a challenge? No lover challenges their love like this? It just goes to show he can trust anyone else nor be trusted himself. And lovely collages Shweta!

Red...at this point Zakis character has certainly been stronger...
But at the same time...Zaki has also chosen not to worry about family responsibilities...
Sahir is at a disadvantage...because he alone is bearing that burden...

Sure he made an over ambitious move when he mortgaged everything...people do that in business...right? Zaki is not even willing to acknowledge the trouble the family is in...

I think the rape thing is forced in...saw it in another serial...I think there the ML set the rape attempt up by an auto driver so that he can be the savior...think egg allergy scene...something along the line...YIKES...right?  It is a hot topic and they want to cash in...

Saahir is not blaming the world...is he? Did I miss something?
He said...he is making the choice to kill his Aarzoo...that is painful...but that's a pain he will live with...was there more? 

-Sush- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MarathiMulgi

Apt Song dedication Sush today. Love Adel. πŸ˜ƒ  My post today, not sure if many people will like it or not but want to pen it down the way I felt it.

If today's episode was to garner sympathy for Arzoo, why did Sahir take it away from me? If he cruelly burst her bubble, then why I could not feel her pain at all?πŸ˜• Right after she fell down, she lost me. I guess I will have to attribute it to SP's inexperience to carry such heavy duty scene. If I overlook it then yes, it was a sad day for Arzoo.😭

I feel that not enough time has passed between love realization, declaration, rejection and betrayal. I mean it all just got wrapped up in what, just a matter of 2-3 days? At least that is how it feels. One needs time to get used to the feeling of being in love, being with the person you love, your interactions with that special someone at least for some significant time before heartbreak happens. It sounds heartless of me but I felt not enough time was spent on build up before it all unraveled. 

I applaud Zaki today for not maligning his brother to Arzoo though he had the perfect chance to do so. He did come across as a selfless friend who had Arzoo's good intentions at heart. All that is fine. However from here on, I would really like him to let Arzoo seek out his support rather than him invading her personal space. He needs to deal with Samaira fiasco first and foremost IMO. 

In the last scene, if I heard Sahir's dialogues correctly, he is explaining to Arzoo why he told the truth. However I feel, that is not (or should not be) the question Arzoo is asking. Tumse pyar ka natak kar kar ke thak gaya isi liye sach bola. Lekin pyar ka natak karne ki jaroorat hi kya thi in the first place?  Yes, you told her about all those mean things you did to her but she wants to know the reason behind them, not just list it down for her. I don't know if I missed something in that convo there.Or should I comment upon it tomorrow since the epi ended while the convo was in progress. πŸ˜•

No words from me will make justice to the excellent work Mr. Harshad Chopra is putting into Sahir's character.πŸ‘πŸ‘

MM...I agree Shivya's performance lacked today...I think LM could have gotten it from her...but the current director...wonder if he is new too...specially the scene when she fell down...looked fake...

She did better in the scene with Zaki and the one after...

Ha ha about the reason...he is saying that the  natak was tiring him out...OK...sure, if someone followed me like a love struck puppy and hugged me...all the time...I would get tired too...so kinda get it..I was getting tired of Arzoo hugging him in every episode...πŸ˜”but that explanation was just an excuse ...the real reason he did it was for the deal...so that she moves out of Zakis path...why not just admit it already? 
Edited by -Sush- - 9 years ago
-Sush- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: jay_bpm

I was waiting for it as will pen down before I hit bed πŸ˜›

I loved the episode, sure all is out and stuff but mostly for what I had been asking - start full on self-destruction from Sahir !!! It is going to be intense and I will love it more !

So finally truth is out, whatever be the reason he let it all out ! I like first scene where he took steps back, in a way he prepared himself ! The time he said yes it was all just a show - you can see it was hard for him to say it, he swallowed some hard words and then let it out ! 

The minute Aarzoo heard 10 yrs of marriage, she breaks down, expected response. But just then like an impulse his hand raises, she stopped him and so did he ! When she asked him to go away, you see him taking heavy breathes, grinding teeths and those red eyes trying hard to stop tears !

Aarzoo breaking down, letting her pain out loudly was ok. I guess gal is new so will need some more time for such intense emotional scene. I also noticed too much make-up was there. Zaki consoling her was good. I do see great friendship and genuine care but that's it. Zaki didn't let out whole deal, game and gold digger matter was good. But also makes me wonder what exactly does Zaki think? He himself has said to sahir that he too knows Aarzoo isn't gold digger than why is he deceiving her. So what exactly does Zaki think as he has said many things πŸ˜•

Best scene for me Sahir coming back to his dark room. The game he started out, like I said he will win the game only by defeating himself. I guess Aarzoo was may be brave enough or actually has Zaki as friend who witnessed her breaking down; saw her heart breaking into pieces. But Sahir runs back to his darkness to hide away pieces of his heart, his pain, agony, guilt, desperate loss of love at his own hands !! Running after her image in his life, pain becoming his wajood; now that is what I love seeing. Until few minutes ago he was doing everything to hide away the truth and he walks himself and reveals it all ! 

But oh wait, did he truly reveal everything to Aarzoo? Did he even reveal all of his pain to his family, friend? Oh wait does he even has a friend or anyone in family knows to what extent he lives in immense pain? Most painful and also best scene was full on physical pain infliction on hand. Oh did I say HC is absolutely amazing !!! πŸ‘ His red eyes trying hard to keep tears in, shaking his body to hold on to pain only coming out through thick blood. 

What to say, khud hi dard de, khud hi faisla sunaye aur khud hi saza katte ! 

Alvira coming to ask him on matter, Sahir was so numb, putting on his businessman face. I was surprised Alvira was convinced so easy from his answer? Makes me wonder her planning and plotting was so weak or may be she is concerned abt matter at hand and deal with this matter later?

Glad Aarzoo went back and asked him why, yes why ! But then guess Sahir was ready for this, he was prepared to be questioned and ready with all the answers. This time he revealed even more, showed her exactly how this was just game and he is ruthless player out for win. All was just facade he says, was it really? Did he reveal it all to invite nothing but hatred from Aarzoo. Is that where he is going, get hatred from Aarzoo and also hate himself more because of it? 

Best lines from episode for me were "Ek aarzoo aayi thi, usse bhi maine durr kar diya" something like that ! So where all are crying due to heartbreak, I am loving it !! πŸ˜› πŸ˜†

Few lines if I dare

Fir laut aaya apne virane me
Ghane andhere jaha raste dikhaye
khamoshiyon ke shor me jita hu
Narazgi khud se sheene me basaye
Khud se har pal nafrat nibhaye
Sirf dard ko hi apna wajood banaye
Muskhil se milli aarzoo ko durr bhagaye
Pyar se khud ko pare karte jaye
Jeena he mujko khud ko bar bar marne ke liye 
Chalna he mujhe bar bar girne ke liye

You truly are a Shayar by heart Jay...πŸ˜ƒ
I won't repeat myself in terms of how I feel about making dard ones wajood...have said enough about that...

But I have to say apart from the self mutilation scene I enjoyed the episode...and Harshad is really doing an awesome job at portraying Sahir...

I think you are right about revealing the past now...unless they reveal it...how can he get over it? 
Or kill Zeenat...and have some emotional issues to deal with...and it becomes a different story...
Either way...time to get on with it...

A word for the actor playing Zaki...he too is doing an awesome job in delivering his character...SP has some ways to go...
Lipstickqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: -Sush-

Red...at this point Zakis character has certainly been stronger...
But at the same time...Zaki has also chosen not to worry about family responsibilities...
Sahir is at a disadvantage...because he alone is bearing that burden...

Sure he made an over ambitious move when he mortgaged everything...people do that in business...right? Zaki is not even willing to acknowledge the trouble the family is in...

I think the rape thing is forced in...saw it in another serial...I think there the ML set the rape attempt up by an auto driver so that he can be the savior...think egg allergy scene...something along the line...YIKES...right?  It is a hot topic and they want to cash in...

Saahir is not blaming the world...is he? Did I miss something?
He said...he is making the choice to kill his Aarzoo...that is painful...but that's a pain he will live with...was there more? 

Sush!

You and I always agree  . .except this time.  Sahir has chosen to bear the burden he's bearing. Saayara is successful and doesn't need the infusion of cash.  He just wants it to be bigger to prove something to a woman who won't know the difference. . . He's living in the past and is unable and unwilling to let go. . and while I like SAC's character - you can't blame others for the choices you have made which is what he's doing in his monologue . . if I heard him correctly he asks why is life playing this game with him? Why must he suffer or something to that effect.  The answer is simple: he's chosen the path he's on . .. sometimes life deals us a bad hand. . .and sometimes we are the authors of our own misery. . .  

And on a totally frivolous note - I'm glad Arzoo and Sahir aren't getting married at the moment because who the heck calls their future husband "Sir"?  Seriously.πŸ˜‰

Edited by habs - 9 years ago
dakshaavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Awesome post Sush .swetha I love your quotes and beautiful collages .
It was a heart wrecking episode ,my heart goes for arzoo today . She is not aware of sahis intensions , game plane or his past she is trapped badly in this poor soul. Shivya was definitely good there many may not agree with me but as a new comer she had done great job .i don't like the actress open the mouth wide will crying and that's the only thing that didn't go well.

Sahir is a complexed character . The past he holds on to is over shadowing his present and he will realise soon what is the consequences . Sahir tries his best to push her away ,reveals the truth of his martial status .

Zaki is a unique character . He is a true friend and proves a friend in need is a friend indeed. He didn't bad mouth his brother or took opportunity for his favor but consoles arzoo and encourages her to  know the truth.

bhavis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
What the😲
I missed so much πŸ˜­ yet to catch up on the show.  Did I read that Zaki is the sweetheartπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by BHAVII - 9 years ago
-Shwets- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: -Sush-

Shweta...first of all...excellent post and lovely collages...
You just killed if with your latest VM...so kudos my friend...!!!

Now ...

Sahir is complex...so far..I think I can relate to his character...even though I may not like some parts that I see...
LM...is missing...
So is the magic from romance...the confession scene, the birthday scene and all that was missing the charm...partly because we knew it was a play...but partly also because the director is not as good...
Have gone down this road of asking for Lalit back...he didn't come back last time...I was the one who left the show...so...not going down that path...no good...

Ok...about Sahirs dialogues...they are very deep...
But you see that's where I stop relating with the Shayar types...it is this self pitying...I have to live with this pain...I am doomed...and all that...

Snap out of if man...make a decision...you are making the previous wife have this hold on you...it is your mindset that is the problem...nothing else...
So would you please stop self mutilating and just get a grip!! Will ya!! 

I am Saahir lover ...I get him that is one reason I made the VM to show Saahir's pain... which I think is not expressed in the show consistently ...The actor is  convincing I relate to him not the character ...do I make sense ? I talked to my cousins who are following the show the general consensus was ...Can't connect to Saahir ... 

Don't get me started on the self mutilating  Didn't like the self beating either 
Edited by ultimaterudra - 9 years ago
-Shwets- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: BHAVII

What the😲

I missed so much πŸ˜­ yet to catch up on the show.  Did I read that Zaki is the sweetheartπŸ˜ƒ

Kaha ho ? Yup you missed a lot ...Yes , Zaki is a sweetheart πŸ˜ƒ