India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

Another Romance Manga remake?

Ayuzawa IF-Dazzler
Ayuzawa
Ayuzawa

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 4:28pm | IP Logged

Hello people. This is my 1st post here on this forum.

Currently I am watching itazura na kiss 2: love in Tokyo. So I was just wondering since kaisi yeh yariyaan which is a remake of hana yori dango is made in India how awesome it would be if itazura na kiss got its own Indian version. Even though I don't think that's possible anytime soon due to so many kiss scenes in there.Blushing But just as for fun I tried imagining different actors in itakiss roles. Here is what I came up with.

People who don't know about Itazura na kiss it is another Japanese romance manga like hana yori dango that gained amazing fame in Asian drama world. The creator kauru toda died before completing it but that didn't stop the drama industry from adapting it. Like hana yori dango which has a Japanese adaptation by the same name, Korean- boys over flower and Taiwanese- meteor garden; itakiss has a 1996 Japanese adaptation, then Taiwanese-it started with a kiss followed by season 2 they kiss again, Korean-playful kiss and now currently Japanese - itazura na kiss: love in Tokyo.

Itazura na kiss is a story of a below average girl, kotoko, falling in love with the perfect, handsome genius with an IQ of 200, naoki. when kotoko gives naoki her lovve letter he reects it without even reading it. but fate plays a trick and kotoko's house gets destroyed in an earthquake. the home she and her father shifts to is his best friend who also happens to be naoki's father. how does kotoko now manage living under the same roof with her first crush who has clearly rejected her.  Even though it seems like the match is uneven it is still perfect as even though naoki can do about everything he has personality issues where as kotoko fails at everything yet she has a never die attitude. If naoki is 90% kotoko is the other 10%.

Naoki Irie- Parth Samthaan

i think Parth is really handsome and hence meets almost 90% of the criteria needed for Naoki's character. also he can act which is a plus since he can do better job of poker face than people who cannot act i guess.

Kotoko Aihara- Mahima Makawana

she looks so much like miki honoka who plays kotoko in love in tokyo. also she is a good actress especially in romantic and cute scenes.

Yuki Irie- Vishesh Bansal

yuki is supposed to be intelligent and a bit rude and vishesh played almost a similar role in IPKKND. 

Yuko Matsumoto- Heli Daruwala

yuko is beautiful and smart. also she has this aura of higher class. in my opinion heli is best suited for such a role.

This is all I came up with. so how was it? anyone interested in continuing this?

This is purely for fun and no one is making an actual Indian remake so give your inputs and add more to the cast or if you want you can suggest other actors for already chosen ones too. 

Edited by Ayuzawa - 30 December 2014 at 4:58pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chandana123smitasmita

apardh_ba IF-Dazzler
apardh_ba
apardh_ba

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
well I hd saw d korean adaptation playful kiss. And I loved d drama.
Bt smtms it intrigued me as how d girl is always behind d boy and how boy seems to be indifferent bt he loved her devotion.
I still rem deir confession in d rain when the girl said I m tired of this one side love and I should love d person who love me bck. And how finally the boy break his silence and said just bcoz sm1 elso love u. u will forget everything. And kiss her to remind her that she loves him only.
My another fav one will be d library scene where how confidently the boy said to others u guys r fighting for her. Dont u knw she likes me only.
I just loved dat drama and yeah parth will be good for this role bt as a girl I wont like how d girl is always behind him. Bt irrespective of that she ws d one who hd given him d inspiration that what he should do with his life.
The boy hd said in one scene we will never knw d joy of hard work as whatever we do we r already good in it.
I m contradicting myself only bt nice post. Parth will def look good as the lead.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

smitasmitaAyuzawaLittleWoman

LittleWoman IF-Dazzler
LittleWoman
LittleWoman

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Hello, welcome to forum. Big smile .

I saw playfull kiss, I liked 2nd lead more than main hero..The female character, which I hated
most in my life was Hani(correct?)because of her spinelessness.otherwise story
was quite likeable.
There is a telugu movie based on that LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ayuzawaapardh_ba

Aria1234 Senior Member
Aria1234
Aria1234

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 2:30am | IP Logged
OMG,another Love in tokyo fan.Its my current fav drama.And I've been thinking about an indian adaption for too long...Infact I think i liked itakiss more than BOF.I'm loving itakiss 2 so far
I love miki honoka's kotoko more than any other version.Yuki is just perfect as naoki . 

I at first didn't like the female lead,but I grew to love and understand her. If people can be aspiring to get a job,then why can't they aspire for a happy married life. She was perfect for him because he didn't have any emotions and she forced him to get feelings.And he's perfect for her because ...someone needs to control her energy .Also both of them practically save people's lives for a living.

I think she was very brave to love him like that. He inspired her to do things and she inspired him.

Yes ha ni was a bit spineless but I won't say that about kotoko. I mean come one did you see the way she slapped naoki in one epi.That slap was even better than their first kiss.

Edited by Aria1234 - 31 December 2014 at 2:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ayuzawa

Ayuzawa IF-Dazzler
Ayuzawa
Ayuzawa

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by apardh_ba

well I hd saw d korean adaptation playful kiss. And I loved d drama.
Bt smtms it intrigued me as how d girl is always behind d boy and how boy seems to be indifferent bt he loved her devotion.
I still rem deir confession in d rain when the girl said I m tired of this one side love and I should love d person who love me bck. And how finally the boy break his silence and said just bcoz sm1 elso love u. u will forget everything. And kiss her to remind her that she loves him only.
My another fav one will be d library scene where how confidently the boy said to others u guys r fighting for her. Dont u knw she likes me only.
I just loved dat drama and yeah parth will be good for this role bt as a girl I wont like how d girl is always behind him. Bt irrespective of that she ws d one who hd given him d inspiration that what he should do with his life.
The boy hd said in one scene we will never knw d joy of hard work as whatever we do we r already good in it.
I m contradicting myself only bt nice post. Parth will def look good as the lead.

indeed that kiss scene was one of the most memorable moments in the series. one thing i liked about naoki was that he constantly had to keep confirming that she still liked him. it was so important to him.
kotoko was you may say desperately in love with him. if she wasn't so innocent and good hearted she could have made a perfect villain. but her plans to sabotage his dates were very funny and they always backfired. i liked that.
the story was about 2 extreme people falling in love and hence since naoki was detached kotoko had to be overtly attached. even though as a girl it made me cringe i don't know what about that story keeps drawing me to it.
i'd say love in tokyo is better in that aspect as the girl is much more stronger and doesn't seem that clingy. definitely a fresh perspective worth watching. not to mention the amazing cinematography in it.

apardh_ba

Ayuzawa IF-Dazzler
Ayuzawa
Ayuzawa

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sadhanager.

Hello, welcome to forum. Big smile .

I saw playfull kiss, I liked 2nd lead more than main hero..The female character, which I hated
most in my life was Hani(correct?)because of her spinelessness.otherwise story
was quite likeable.
There is a telugu movie based on that LOL

hi...thanks for the welcome.Smile

lol...like i said ha ni or kotoko in the new japanese version is much more bearable. the entire point of the 2nd leads was to show how love is more important than having the perfect partner. for kotoko/ha ni who craved naoki's/baek seung jo love kin chan was perfect as he loved her a lot. same way matsumoto yuko/ha rea was perfect for naoki as she was smart and just perfect in everything just like him. yet when naoki and kotoko are together you feel the love and the perfection they create together. naoki smile and enoys more and kotoko tries and succeeds more.
still i like the taiwanese and japanese version more as they both have season 2 which playful kiss didn't have and hence we never saw baek seung jo get jealous and desperate with the thought of losing oh ha ni. we never saw him realize how important ha ni was to him. this was all captured in they kiss again and currently in season 2 of love in tokyo. so yeah playful kiss kinda lacked that. but it was my 1st drama version of itakiss so its special but definitely not the best. its good as an introduction to the story but it doesn't make you fall in love with the story. it started with a kiss and they kiss again does that. not to mention the amazing chemistry between ariel lin and joe cheng sets the screen on fire. still playful kiss has a special place in my heart.
Ayuzawa IF-Dazzler
Ayuzawa
Ayuzawa

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aria1234

OMG,another Love in tokyo fan.Its my current fav drama.And I've been thinking about an indian adaption for too long...Infact I think i liked itakiss more than BOF.I'm loving itakiss 2 so far
I love miki honoka's kotoko more than any other version.Yuki is just perfect as naoki . 

I at first didn't like the female lead,but I grew to love and understand her. If people can be aspiring to get a job,then why can't they aspire for a happy married life. She was perfect for him because he didn't have any emotions and she forced him to get feelings.And he's perfect for her because ...someone needs to control her energy .Also both of them practically save people's lives for a living.

I think she was very brave to love him like that. He inspired her to do things and she inspired him.

Yes ha ni was a bit spineless but I won't say that about kotoko. I mean come one did you see the way she slapped naoki in one epi. That slap was even better than their first kiss.

yay!!! give me a hug...love in tokyo is my 2nd favorite version of itakiss. it would have been my 1st had i not been so in love with arjoe. ISWAK and TKA have that one and only advantage over love in tokyo in my opinion. just the fact that  ariel and joe as xiang qin and zhi shu had absolutely zero awkwardness on screen. it was like leaving in the serial. otherwise love in tokyo excels in all other departments.
true kotoko was a character that initially made me cringe and pull my hair out ut then when i think about it she was someone not st average but purely below that. a girl sch as that could never have a guy like naoki if it hadn't been for her unconditional love for him. no other way cold he fall for her. 
ha ni made me hit the girl for being spineless.
i realized when i saw xiang qin in which ariel did an amazing job of portraying kotoko that the mangaka had in mind, she was bad at everything yet the only advantage she had was loving zhi shu so much. that version of kotoko was perfect.
love in tokyo brings a fresh approach to the story. its a bit revised to sit the tastes of modern time where this kotoko is probably my favorite as a woman. 
i guess every version had its own plus point.
the 1996 version was really irritating since it was meant to be more funny than romantic. and the kotoko seemed like a screaming child there. but i loved the last episode there where she decides to be a nurse and hence shifts to the only college that takes her away from tokyo. and that she becomes a nurse all on her own without naoki's help. she seems more mature there when she feels that naoki is happier without her and decides to leave once again. also i liked the fact that naoki there gores after her not because of any jealousy but because he genuinely feels that if he doesn't stop her this time she will leave him forever. also when she faints during the interview thing...i like that part here.
playful kiss had an amazingly beautiful star cast. the only thing it lacked was a complete story.
it started with a kiss and they kiss again were in my opinion perfect. there is nothing wrong with it, just that since its so long it drags a bit here and there. otherwise its the most perfect thing i have ever seen. and they have the most amazing kiss scenes ever.
love in tokyo too is almost perfect but in a different light. since its a totally fresh. its really fun to watch. miki honoka is really cute. and her kotoko is something worth liking. its just that ariel lin turns out a better actress. but honoka was ust 16 so its understandable. yuki on the other hand is the most perfect naoki even though his counterparts were little bit more handsome. but yuki nails it with his acting. he is definitely a better actor. and love his fluent english just like how naoki is meant to speak.
that's a long reply...sorry for that. going to watch ep 6 of love in tokyo season 2 now. byeSmile
Aria1234 Senior Member
Aria1234
Aria1234

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:11am | IP Logged
you got epi 6 with english subtitles. I had to watch it with no subtitles. I watched it just to see naoki getting jealous.Plus I knew all the lines cuz i saw it in TKA. arjoe had the most passionate kisses. But didn't ep 6 get removed from viki?

Ayuzawa

Go to top