Bigg Boss 8
Bigg Boss 8

Karishma's General Knowledge (Page 4)

bollykudi Senior Member
bollykudi
bollykudi

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheBoss

Beauty without brains. If she just wants to be reduced to a good looking face then whats the difference between her, Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian? People aren't going to just vote for her because she is an eye candy. A champion should be the jack of all trades. People should look up to them and see them as worthy of their position. 

I would have sided with Tanna if the questions pertained to some nuclear fission or something half difficult but if she isn't aware of the Prime Minster of India then it is bound to raise some eyebrows if that's who people really need to see as a title holder. They will rather vote for somebody who they can at least remotely relate to. Not her and certainly not her chuddi-buddi who cannot even speak the language of the land.

But the thing is you shouldn't reduce a person's value to their intelligence. That's the point. Especially doing so in THIS industry is extremely hypocritical because most stars are clueless about general knowledge. They couldn't even do the bare minimum of passing classes without failing. This is an industry where you are so busy that you don't have time to keep up with the basics sometimes.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vibg

bollykudi Senior Member
bollykudi
bollykudi

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bigg_boss8

This matter is being way too stretched. I was against the hate when it happened with Alia and I'm against it with karishma too. I don't want to see some genius on bigg boss, I can watch any scientist's autobiography for that. I want to see a celebrity who can do what she's paid for. Alia bhatt did a video "genius of the year" it's called I think and it was great. She earns more than any of those people laughing about her ever will and that's only because she's good in what she's doing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's totally wrong in my eyes to attack an actress for this. She's an actress and you can judge her in that field. 

thank you! I was against it when everyone was making fun of Alia. Like hello Alia is a brilliant actress with a bright future. Not everyone in this world is supposed to be born intelligent. Like she is so busy you can't expect her to keep track of everything. Don't look down on someone's intelligent because half the people laughing can NEVER do what these "non-intelligent" people are doing.
Natkat IF-Dazzler
Natkat
Natkat

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
I was watching BCL and TV Actress Anitha Hassandani was asked as to who is the president of India and she replied Manmohan Singh. She did not even know who was Maharashtra chief minister.

vibg

TheBoss IF-Sizzlerz
TheBoss
TheBoss

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bollykudi

But the thing is you shouldn't reduce a person's value to their intelligence. That's the point. Especially doing so in THIS industry is extremely hypocritical because most stars are clueless about general knowledge. They couldn't even do the bare minimum of passing classes without failing. This is an industry where you are so busy that you don't have time to keep up with the basics sometimes.

Yes they shouldn't be reduced to just this. But she has pretty much disappointed on other fronts as well. I understand that its a busy industry and sometimes its hard to follow things but if you don't know a thing about your own country then you have simply become a citizen of convenience. She has no right to enjoy its privileges and perks either. I bet you 90 percent of Non Resident Indians have better information and facts about the homeland.
_IHeartFriendz_ IF-Sizzlerz
_IHeartFriendz_
_IHeartFriendz_

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Fact is that all inside house are zero in general knowledge including salman khan. Biggest bimbo in house is sonali, salman never target her is different thing. National zero didnt know 100-1=99.
Now salman knows that GK is her weak point. Tanna never gives up in arguement and best way to put her down is attack her GK.

In KWK  celebs cant answer basic ques. 

Even sonali has no idea about prime minister and president. Oh she is 24 and here 24 years means 4 months. 

If she is sure about answer then give it else just say I dont know and pass same question to others to know their powerful GK.

Alia bhatt thing was funny but overreaction. Alia is a british citizen and if she has no idea about Indian politics then its not big deal. Even varun dhawan didnt know who is PM but all social networking people targetted alia like hell.

Edited by White-Rose - 31 December 2014 at 1:59pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

NavjiabollykudiNatkatvibgdevil_heart

bollykudi Senior Member
bollykudi
bollykudi

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 5:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by White-Rose

Fact is that all inside house are zero in general knowledge including salman khan. Biggest bimbo in house is sonali, salman never target her is different thing. National zero didnt know 100-1=99.
Now salman knows that GK is her weak point. Tanna never gives up in arguement and best way to put her down is attack her GK.

In KWK  celebs cant answer basic ques. 

Even sonali has no idea about prime minister and president. Oh she is 24 and here 24 years means 4 months. 

If she is sure about answer then give it else just say I dont know and pass same question to others to know their powerful GK.

Alia bhatt thing was funny but overreaction. Alia is a british citizen and if she has no idea about Indian politics then its not big deal. Even varun dhawan didnt know who is PM but all social networking people targetted alia like hell.

I agree with the last part completely! I feel like it is so "funny" in the Indian media to target women celebs and constantly ask them about general knowledge. Why not ask men and make them the laughing stock if you find someone's ignorance towards politics/history so funny Confused

vibg

bollykudi Senior Member
bollykudi
bollykudi

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 5:26pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by bollykudi

Yes they shouldn't be reduced to just this. But she has pretty much disappointed on other fronts as well. I understand that its a busy industry and sometimes its hard to follow things but if you don't know a thing about your own country then you have simply become a citizen of convenience. She has no right to enjoy its privileges and perks either. I bet you 90 percent of Non Resident Indians have better information and facts about the homeland.

I understand the disappointment people have with her on other fronts but I feel like this calling her dumb thing has gone way overboard and dragged to the core. I feel like Salman constantly doing this just hurts her self-esteem at this point Confused  Unfortunately, most people's general knowledge is weak. It has been shown many times. You can name fake people in politics and people will agree with you just to fake that they know everyone and everything. A lot of people just like to target others and laugh at their faults/weaknesses when they themselves have similar weaknesses which aren't under limelight since they are regular citizens and not celebs. But you have many valid points I have to give it to you for that.

vibg

vibg IF-Rockerz
vibg
vibg

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 5:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by vibg

I remember watching a news show during elections.. Kind of aimilar to a show jay leno did in USA around election time. 80% of young indians could answer similar ? These were people from all walks of life.. College, freahers, new grads, in 20s and 30s! So its the state of affaira and secondly the way salman was bombarding ??? At her and people talking and laughing. He as jumping backnforth.. Cofusion was purposely created. He didn do that to others. It was funny for a while but now stretched just on and on. I am sure she knows basic math. The woman is financially supporting herself and her mom.

<font size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Hey officer everyone else was going on 120 so I thought to do 110. Why am I the only one getting a ticket? Thats a weak defence. Not good enough. Those people that you mention are not on TV. Its Tanna, people want to see somebody confident and worthy of their votes. She has failed in making that case.</font>

I am not in a court of law and not defending anyone. Plus its not a crime to not know things! Its just an opinion.. Take itor leave it! As for confidence.. She has plenty! Many bollywood actors r dumb.. That doesnt make or break their careers!

Go to top