Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

My big box office predictions for 2015! (Page 3)

KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Scorpio_Velvet

Bang Bang budget was 140 cr. BV budget won't exceed 115 cr overall. 

We don't exactly know how much it will be LOL. I think we are in for a surprise. My guess is 125 cr minimum.
No doubt it has gone over-budget already. They will have to spend good amount in promotions too because they have to release it big. If it doesn't open big on day 1, it's gone because it's IPL time, no holiday and in 2 weeks, DDD releases taking the screens.  

Scorpio_Velvet IF-Sizzlerz
Scorpio_Velvet
Scorpio_Velvet

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by KhanSinghTomar

We don't exactly know how much it will be LOL. I think we are in for a surprise. My guess is 125 cr minimum.
No doubt it has gone over-budget already. They will have to spend good amount in promotions too because they have to release it big. If it doesn't open big on day 1, it's gone because it's IPL time, no holiday and in 2 weeks, DDD releases taking the screens.  

I said 115 cr even taking that into consideration. Initial budget was supposed to be 90 cr and there's no way Fox would let it reach BB level. HR and Katrina's salary alone would be 20 cr+ difference. They shot in SL for 75 days to keep it in check. BB was richer in terms of location and everything.
DDD releases after 3 weeks. BV will get good opening, but key will be WOM as always. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanSinghKumar

KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:37pm | IP Logged

I said 115 cr even taking that into consideration. Initial budget was supposed to be 90 cr and there's no way Fox would let it reach BB level. HR and Katrina's salary alone would be 20 cr+ difference. They shot in SL for 75 days to keep it in check. BB was richer in terms of location and everything.
DDD releases after 3 weeks. BV will get good opening, but key will be WOM as always. 

let's wait to see trailors what kind of vfx it has got. Because that's really expensive and it's still going on.
BV will get good opening--------i m curious what's your basis for it?  RK-ANU is not a famous couple onscreen. Songs haven't come out. Anurag's movies cater to certain section of audience only because of dark vibes and violence, movie delayed long, this is not Ranbir's home genre...

seems there's a liked franchise welcome back releasing May 29 too

Edited by KhanSinghTomar - 30 December 2014 at 2:51pm
gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:37pm | IP Logged
I just hope we have watchable films after this boring year. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

AriVeerATKhanSinghKumarScorpio_Velvettouch_of_pinkSharif.Badmaash

Scorpio_Velvet IF-Sizzlerz
Scorpio_Velvet
Scorpio_Velvet

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:52pm | IP Logged

let's wait to see trailors what kind of vfx it has got. Because that's really expensive and it's still going on.
BV will get good opening--------i m curious what's your basis for it?  RK-ANU is not a famous couple onscreen. Songs haven't come out. Anurag's movies cater to certain audience and his fan-base because of dark vibes, movie delayed long, this is not Ranbir's home genre... 

Fox CEO already said it'll be aggressively promoted. Obviously, trailer needs to be good. AK hasn't done a movie of such a large scale before so can't compare. Much like Prkash Jha's  films before Raajneeti. Anu is on a high after PK. Compared to Nargis/Pallvi etc, its a high profile pairing already. Rockstar opened at 10.5 cr in 2011 and all his films after that has had good openings. I am talking about 18 cr+ here which would be good on non-holiday. It'll have close to 4000 screens as well. EV opened at 16 cr with new actors and dark theme so why not? Trailer and songs worked for it. BV will have bigger release and starcast so I expect something similar provided trailer is good. We'll have to wait and see. Big smile

Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 30 December 2014 at 2:51pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhanSinghKumar

KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:57pm | IP Logged

BV will get good opening--------i m curious what's your basis for it?  RK-ANU is not a famous couple onscreen. Songs haven't come out. Anurag's movies cater to certain audience and his fan-base because of dark vibes, movie delayed long, this is not Ranbir's home genre... 

Fox CEO already said it'll be aggressively promoted. Obviously, trailer needs to be good. AK hasn't done a movie of such a large scale before so can't compare. Much like Prkash Jha's  films before Raajneeti. Anu is on a high after PK. Compared to Nargis/Pallvi etc, its a high profile pairing already. Rockstar opened at 10.5 cr in 2011 and all his films after that has had good openings. I am talking about 18 cr+ here which would be good on non-holiday. It'll have close to 4000 screens as well. EV opened at 16 cr with new actors and dark theme so why not? Trailer and songs worked for it. BV will have bigger release and starcast so I expect something similar provided trailer is good. We'll have to wait and see. Big smile

Yep, if everything goes right for BV from here onwards, you are rightSmile .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AriVeerATScorpio_Velvet

Go to top