India-Forums

Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan
Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

My Hero, My Achilles

rubys07 Goldie
rubys07
rubys07

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Cabir was a bully by nature. The bullying is probably still there, but not as dominant as it had been before. Yes, he had done some pretty unforgivable things. I never justify them. I just think it was his own twisted way of dealing with the world...and he got his payback for it as well.  

Does it ever end?

First, the guy lost his image. People made fun of his sexuality, made fun of the person he loved. And as if it wasn't enough to crush his ego and self-esteem, he and his love became victim to a hate-crime. 

He lost his love, who walked away when he was not in his senses. With whom he couldn't even have a proper closure. He had to let it go because he didn't have any choice. He didn't complain.

He lost his mom, the only family he's always counted on. Who was his shelter, his sanity, his normalcy, his friend, his bro, his rock. His mom couldn't take him for who he is and he had to walk out of the place that had always been his. He understood the harsh reality. He didn't complain.

Gone are the days when he used to drive his jeep around the campus like a boss. When he didn't have to worry about a place to live, bills to pay...when he didn't have fend for himself because that is not what a 19 year old man is supposed to do. Now he doesn't know where he will go, where will he live or what will he do with his life. His music, which was a passion for him has also become a need, a means to survive now, because passion doesn't pay your bills. He understands. He doesn't complain.

The only thing keeping him sane now is his group of friends, Fab5. When this 19 year old man is trying so hard to sort out all the shit in his life and that too by keeping all his sass and coolness intact, suddenly one friend comes and demands  forgiveness for the person who had done it ALL, because it's her Bhai and apparently, he's changing.

He feels hurt. He feels cornered. Abandoned. He snaps, at everyone, at the person who'd promised to always have his back. He feels betrayed and walks out. 

He goes on to try to find a house, within his budget, because even though he studies in one of the most expensive colleges in the city, he isn't a crorepati ghar ka ladka. Not anymore.

Then he receives an emergency text from the friend who hadn't had his back a while ago, and he curses. He gets in on the same auto, because his friend needs him.

And eventually, he gives in. He gets upset, frustrated, hurt, but even though it is him who has been wronged again and again he is the one to say sorry. One sorry. Because sometimes this one word does magic. And so it did. It mended the friendships that had almost fallen apart...it made everything so simple. And then he goes on to say, with his usual coolness "What are you doing tomorrow afternoon? I'll accompany you to the police station." He'll let that person,  who destroyed the comfort and the happiness and the only love of his life, out because his friend has asked him. If it makes her happy, then be it. If it keeps the only good thing in his life intact, then be it. Why should their friendships suffer for his hurt, his loss, his pain? It shouldn't. So even though the face of the culprit makes him want to strangle him on the spot maybe, he doesn't do anything. Even though he knows the person's true colors, he is not going to argue, not anymore. He simply says "I'm feeling suffocated." 

And the next day, he is back with his CoolCa-bir sass, his sarcasm and his jokes. Because that's what his image is. That's how he's supposed to be. That's how he's been fighting all along. He has his vulnerabilities, his weakness where the world keeps throwing poison arrows, but he won't give up being a hero till his last breath. That sass is his armor and he, is my modern-day Achilles.

.   .    .    .

I don't even know why I wrote this thing. Guess I'm high on Cabir today so never mind me.
P.S. In Literature it's a very debatable topic whether Achilles was gay or not Embarrassed #randomfacts #jussayin

Edited by rubys07 - 30 December 2014 at 12:04pm

The following 39 member(s) liked the above post:

starryLove_skKgirlLuvsD3mananforeverqueenoftimbaktuParud26LifeGoesOnlovemymananchandana123smitasmitaABCDesiGirl93SexpotSo_NaleyMuggle_DiarieskandykandySrujana7.MaNanBoxedIn13thwishharinisriram39LittleWomanapardh_baMedha.Sfan145TheFaerieQueendushturain-bharti-.Lilith.daisy_luvs_ ffbasket_101WorldpeaceHumzy-FreeSpirit-Flame.Of.Rose-MKB-Cat.kreshamFelicity1234lostmymusic.Sue101Nikki_Titli

Medha.S IF-Rockerz
Medha.S
Medha.S

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
*sobs*
*Gulps*
*sobs harder*
What do you write in reply to such brilliance?

So I won't write anything at all -_-
I will just reread it and go to sleep thinking about it.

#GotYouBackForYesterday
#BiraBeTorturingBaba

Res
Unres :
And isn't it amazing how he is the breakthrough character on the show?The one who is as loved as the most popular couple if not more at the moment. And just how surprising it is?Something which was not expected at all if you look back at it.The Cabir-Craze just sneaked up on the Fandom and now you only have to give Ayaz one scene and he makes everyone happy, the characters are happy, the fandom is happy.

The beautiful irony is that the character became everyone's Bae
after the disclosure about his orientation. Mostly, the reverse happens. Even
the most loved characters loose popularity after such revelations or the
character, if known as anything but straight from the start might not get
popular in the first place. They tried showing gay tracks in some other popular
shows on the big entertainment channels but they did not get dealt with
rightly

What I see is that people love Cabir, I have seen people
raving about him on other social media sites even though they are not
comfortable with the idea of homosexuality. This character is someone who is
making people look beyond just his tag of gay'. The people who do not
understand homosexuality and find it to be weird or wrong look at him and see past
that, see him for who he is. We get the token gay characters on shows who are just
that, nothing else that defines them. When have we seen one f the main
characters on a show being gay and still so much loved. Because he is not the gay
guy' on the show.

We had 70+ episodes before the revelation and he had already
made himself more than just that. He is a protective friend, he loves
intensely, he hates passionately, he is a prankster, he is perceptive and
sarcastic, he is someone who distributes laughter and smiles infinitely, he is
a loving son, a Momma's boy, he is a bully, he is sadistic to the people he
loves and to those he hates, his mind is a creative place and he is an artist,
he is like a new-born spirit who believes in living his life like to the
fullest, either it be during the hard times or the times of happiness and fun
and then he is like this old-soul who is too wise, too experienced and mature
for someone who is only 19 years of age. He believes in partying all night like
any other teenage boy and living in the moment, not letting it be affected by
the bigger, personal issues and dilemmas. Then he is a Man who gives importance
to his self-respect, who has his priority set straight, who doesn't resent his
Mother for being ashamed of him for who he is but who does know that he cannot
live with her because he definitely is not ashamed of himself ..Not anymore! A Man-boy
who has so much hurt, anger and hate
inside of him, who feels he is a winner because he had courage to follow his
heart but who still is disappointed in his love, who knows that he was wronged
and wants to see his offender being punished but who despite being a teenager
boy who hates[And boy, do they hold on to their hate or what], is also a mature
Man who loves too much, cherishes the few things that he still has left in his
life, and is too sorted and wise to let it all go because of the same guy who
stole the things that he doesn't have any more.

He is not as carefree as he used to be, he can't afford it
but nothing can stop him from being the free spirit that he is. So much damage
has been done, so many problems he faced one by one, so many things he lost one
after another and still he continues to be the very guy with unlimited humor,
wit and laughter that he spreads whole-heartedly. He is someone who never
resents the people he loves for being happy, finding happiness and love when
his own life has fallen so royally apart. Because he himself is the one who
encourages them, pushes them towards it and finds love in their love, happiness
in their happiness, anger in their despair, protectiveness in their vulnerabilities.
He lets himself be so vulnerable, he stands there when people judge him for being
who he is and he never justifies himself because he doesn't need to. His people
are at his side so he doesn't need validations from anyone else but can't help
but feel guilty when the people he loves get hurt because of him.

And he is a kameena through and through, he is adorable in his deviousness and in his not-goodness.He is a harami as Ayaz says, he is self-centered, selfish to the world and selfless for his friends, He is Cabir, he is cool, his is wise and a 'chippad' who by the way is also gay, deal with it or don't.Not Bira's headache.

He feels like he will be sick if he stands there, so close
to the person who ruined everything from him but he went there because he loves
too much to let the hate win.He is a human, he cannot forgive and even
expecting him to forgive is so ridiculous I won't even start about it.He cannot
forgive, he explains why he can't and doesn't feel guilty for it and I love him
for that. But he gives in and gives his friend what she wants, something that
is important to her as a sister because he can't lose the friendship, he can't
even think about making a decision which would result in the breaking of his
group of people so he lets go ... He doesn't want to, it goes against his
individuality but he does because he will choose them over himself any day and I
respect him too much for that to resent him for letting it go.Doesnt mean I don't
resent the unfairness of it all, because I do. But seeing from his point of
view, he gave Aliya what he himself wants so bad -His only family by blood back
in his life.This boy, this Man.

After this, he has proved that he can do anything for these
people, as if he hadn't already proved it before. Now the ball is in the other's court. Now,
when things go wrong and everything starts falling apart again because of this
one decision he made, I need to see him let go and break down, I need to see
his rage and his anger, I need to see him vent out till he has nothing left in
him, till he passes out because frankly, it hurts to see him like this.It hurts
to see him force himself to smile when he wants to cry out in frustration and helplessness.
It hurts to see him make other people laugh and lighten up the atmosphere with
his wit when in the inside, he is breaking and doesn't know what will happen to
him and his life, when he is worrying about a roof on his head and paying his
bills and thinking about how to make his Mom proud of him.

He will have resentment towards everyone who agreed for this
bail, who wanted it when that guy comes after them and does more damage to them
individually and as a group.Either it be himself, Manik,Mukti and Nandini or
anyone close to him who suffers again because of the psycho, the resentment
will come out on full force. The tiff wasn't dealt with; they didn't have to.No
one had to draw lines and choose sides and take the matters ahead because Cabir
didn't let it come to that.But it will come to that and the choice will have to
be made and then wont it be interesting. Let us see what Cabir gets back in
return for this ...

In all of this, when Cabir breaks, it has to be in front of
Manik or Nandini - these two people who understand him in their own ways just
like he gets both of them in his own way.CabIni is so precious because we saw
it happening, we saw how they came together and now have their own thing going
on apart from Manik. ManBir is special, and they remind me of that with every
episode. From the time Cabir came running back to Manik, their conversation
about Nandini till the whole Police station debacle and how in tune Manik is
with him, how he was like this constant support on Cabir's back waiting for
Cabir to break. I love to see them being so themselves and seeing Cabir getting
his wit back just by hearing Manik trying to be something other than rowdy,
snarky and kameena in front of him.They bring out the smirks and smiles from
each other just with small words and pointed expressions. The bromance is on
every moment, even when the whole gang is together. And Manik stood by Cabir in
the music room with his hand around his back even while both of them were being
kameenas and teasing my baby. He handles them and they are the only ones who
can handle this guy, whom I trust to handle him and care for him in the way he
deserves and needs. At this point, the breakdown, the resentment and everything
else not pretty and witty, coming out of him won't just be accepted, it will be
welcomed with open hands. His breakdown has been awaited so restlessly and every
time he slides it off and moves on.Oh, how beautiful and ugly it will be.

On a lighter note, MaNanBir is the Mothership of all
freaking ships to ever ship including Aur Jo Bhi Hai'. Ukhaad Lo!Stern Smile

Originally posted by rubys07

Cabir was a bully by nature. The bullying is probably still there, but not as dominant as it had been before. Yes, he had done some pretty unforgivable things. I never justify them. I just think it was his own twisted way of dealing with the world...and he got his payback for it as well.

Does it ever end?
Apparently,Not! *sigh*

First, the guy lost his image. People made fun of his sexuality, made fun of the person he loved. And as if it wasn't enough to crush his ego and self-esteem, he and his love became victim to a hate-crime.
And still he is not running away, is he? He is still going to the same collage, facing the same people and refuses to be ashamed of who he is and what he is all about! And how he must feel about not being able to protect someone he loves is something I cannot imagine.Does he feel guilty?Raghav was the innocent victim whogotdragged into it all because Cabir had a history with Harshad. This guy is keeping so much inside him, it will be a flood unleashed in the future!

And the next day, he is back with his CoolCa-bir sass, his sarcasm and his jokes. Because that's what hisimageis. That's how he's supposed to be. That's how he's been fighting all along. He has his vulnerabilities, his weakness where the world keeps throwing poison arrows, but he won't give up being a hero till his last breath. That sass is his armor and he, is my modern-day Achilles.

I love you too much.And I hate how you talk BS about your writing skills because you are amazing with words.You are so impossible but I love you, Bae!Hug
Thank you for giving me a space to vent it all out -- I needed that.You be my Baba!Heart

. . . .

I don't even know why I wrote this thing. Guess I'm high on Cabir today so never mind me.
P.S. In Literature it's a very debatable topic whether Achilles was gay or notEmbarrassed#randomfacts #jussayin

Because if you hadn't, I would have haunted you with skulls and graves! Don't test me!

Achilles and Patroclus!Embarrassed

Edited by Medha.S - 31 December 2014 at 11:43pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

smitasmitarubys07

Noorie30 IF-Rockerz
Noorie30
Noorie30

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Clap

Clap

Wow. that was so beautiful...it really sucks to be such a retard when it comes to analyze such amazing piece of writing...right now i feel so angry that my words are not doing any justice to the sheer brilliance of yours.

But Ru Bae, Take a bow.

i love youHeart

You are freaking awesome. Bas

isuck
iCry

*Parth Anglais iz Better Than Mine"

*shoot myself*

Edited by Noorie30 - 30 December 2014 at 12:50pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rubys07So_Naley

So_Naley Goldie
So_Naley
So_Naley

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Ru, you gave me chills with Bira ki kahaani. Just so perfect. I can't even begin to explain.*fawning over Ru* *tries hard to stop* *but cannot* *goes on for a while*

Hugsss for this gem of a post. You be my firefly forever.
Day Dreaming Hug

The parallel that you drew were so profound.You compared life to a battle. And we people are the warriors. But there are some people who fight all their battles with such might, such determination that they remain etched in our minds forever.

The boy who lost everything in a matter of a few days.

That is what Cabir was.
Happens to a lot of people. Hardships are a part of life but the way you deal with them determines the strength of your character.

Today, that same boy stands before is but he has changed. Metmorphasized into a man who fights for making a place for himself in this Big Bad World, is the shoulder his friends need to cry on, makes someone else's concerns his own and aims to ease their pain by sorting their lives out, amd does all of this with an attitude which can kill. His sass be his finest quality.

The maturity he showed today just makes my heart go out for him. Like I said before, he never lets his own darkness affect others. He is the dark coal that burns to give light and warmth to others.

Out of all the characters on the show, this one is so beyond the confines of cliches. Its so well rounded. So all encompassing. So real. So fun. So mature yet so endearing. Evil but cute. Such a multifaceted person who carries the burden of the world on his shoulders but never lets anyone know.

Cabir gives me ManBir which leaves me flabbergasted with the level of understanding these guys share. They know the other better than the person himself. They say the right things at the right time, tease each other every opportunity they get, but only aim to make the others life better. They abandon all pretence when together. They stop thinking and just BE.

Cabir also gives me CabIni which is my ultimate desire. I hope to see them bond more. Their poignant conversations on love, courage, or even hiding places leave me wanting for more. These two are the sanity of KY2. It needs more of their moments. Oh, how I wish that happens.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

LifeGoesOnParud26smitasmitarubys07Muggle_DiariesSrujana7.MaNan

basket_101 IF-Rockerz
basket_101
basket_101

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
Reserved! :
- Unres'd

Wow Clap
Brilliant post!
Cabir is one of the most beautifully shown character on the show.  And you've done a fascinating job of penning it down.
I love how you wrote down every single bit. 
Perfectly written and described.  As if it is him speaking out these words.
It was such a pleasure reading this!
Great job!
Loved it! 

Hinal Embarrassed

Edited by basket_101 - 30 December 2014 at 3:11pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rubys07Muggle_DiariesSo_Naley

Srujana7.MaNan IF-Dazzler
Srujana7.MaNan
Srujana7.MaNan

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
I love you I love you for this post. Can't thank you enough. Hug

For the first time in a show I love a character equally as the lead couple. 

Just like I want to protect MaNan all the time I feel the same for Cabir.

When I see him hiding his real emotions behind the facade of teasing, it rips my heart.

He forgets his own pain for the sake of the only family left now, Fab5.

He lost so much including his love but is always there for his friends. In fact never lost belief in the institution of true love. He acts as guiding force and encourages his friend to keep fighting and cherish who he has. 

I understand Alya loves her bro, as at the end of the day they are blood related.
But how fair is it to ask the guy whose love, mom, identity and home because of the same bro to forgive him. I liked how Manik didn't force Cabir. But Dhruv I don't want to comment. He didn't even apologize. Oh right he didn't do anything wrong. Angry

My love needs a place to live and some motherly care. Would be awesome if Chachi took him in and then my CabiNi can work together. 

Edited by Srujana7.MaNan - 30 December 2014 at 2:28pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

smitasmitarubys07Muggle_DiariesSo_Naley

-cherryblossom- IF-Rockerz
-cherryblossom-
-cherryblossom-

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Wow .. that is amazing...Reading amazing stuff here makes me feel like a fool... I am so bad with analyzing stuff.. So well said 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rubys07

rubys07 Goldie
rubys07
rubys07

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Medha.S

*sobs*
*Gulps*
*sobs harder*
What do you write in reply to such brilliance?

So I won't write anything at all -_-
I will just reread it and go to sleep thinking about it.

#GotYouBackForYesterday
#BiraBeTorturingBaba

Res

Bira be such a sadist. Having fun at Baba's cost -__-

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

So_Naley

Go to top