Humsafars

India-Forums

Humsafars
Humsafars

Expected more from shivya but last scene she was good (Page 3)

grumpydwarf IF-Dazzler
grumpydwarf
grumpydwarf

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
 I have to agree here the crying looked a bit artificial to me. Zaki stood out in the scene more. As usual she opens are mouth a bit much when she cries. She is good with innocence, has good comic timing, even the romance is fine from her end but emoting was off. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ashikamsavvy05rs.shailu29

berrysweet Goldie
berrysweet
berrysweet

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 6:37pm | IP Logged
Actually I always thot that she is weak. Did not expect anything from her. I tried though... to give her a chance to grow. After all she is acting with a very seasoned actor. 
On top of that, the CVs need to groom her super fast. For she is dragging this show down.

And yes her acting yesterday made me cringe. Basically... casting directors mistake.
aamnazuha Groupbie
aamnazuha
aamnazuha

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Shivya is a newcomer  who is paired with the Harshad Chopd, u can't compare both. Give her some credit ,she is working really hard,don't be harsh ,pls appreciate her efforts, with time she will own arzoo completely inshallah... No of fence just my two cents..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rosal_awesomers.shailu29

flipfl0p IF-Dazzler
flipfl0p
flipfl0p

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 7:52pm | IP Logged

In the movie Devdas, Aishwarya's portrayal of sorrow looked elegant, Kiran Kher's expressions were theatrical. Not to say one was superior to the other. But different situations and different characterisation demand different emoting.

Most of the time, subtle portrayal suits female leads better and theatrical ones goes well for character roles. Shivya needs to understand, what goes okay for Kurti appa, cannot be okay for her too. She does not have to go overboard in any situation. (It is just that, she tries too hard in emoting scenes, be it romantic or crying. But when it comes to comic timing, she is just natural). But I felt, she is trying on her voice delivery now, by varying tones. She has not reached there yet. But I will give her plus marks for attempt. Rome was not built in a day.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rosal_awesomeTaanuDeewanisavvy05rs.shailu29

savvy05 IF-Rockerz
savvy05
savvy05

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Shivya is a newbie cast opposite a seasoned actor who has a lions share of the screen space - both in terms of his acting as well as the way the character is written, so she starts with a disadvantage right off the bat. Her acting needs refinement, no two ways about it... but it does not help matters when such episodes come so early in the game where the disparity between her and more nuanced acting of Harshad is so glaring . In a normal soap speed such confrontation scenes would be around 200 episode mark where as in Humsafars it is around 50 episode mark.

She did underwhelm in a couple of scenes today considering how dramatic the reveal was. I am sure with guidance/time she will be able to refine her acting... after all very few actors achieve blazing glory in their debut, something even her co-actors may agree uponBig smile

Edited by savvy05 - 30 December 2014 at 9:20pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rosal_awesomers.shailu29

Go to top