Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

I'm on medication for my anxiety - Anushka Sharma (Page 5)

firework Senior Member
firework
firework

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bollykudi

Really nice interview! I love when actors talk openly about stuff and let us know small things about their life and habits.
One thing I didn't like is how she questioned why people can call someone too skinny but can't call someone fat Confused Yaar, media+society never sees even "too skinny" as a bad thing. They think every woman craves that body type but fat is always looked down upon. 

Some articles called her anorexic. They made it seem like she was sick.

I can't speak for the media, but there are people in this world who will try to make anyone feel bad regardless of their body type. They will make fun of someone fat, skinny or anyone. It just leads to insecurity and body image issues when overall we should focus on good health. Regardless of someone's body type no one knows anything about that person's lifestyle be it their nutrition or fitness to pass ignorant comments about their body.

Edited by Oblivion111 - 30 December 2014 at 1:24pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NietzycougarTownruky786princessunara

AriVeerAT Goldie
AriVeerAT
AriVeerAT

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
She said her heart has been broken ONCE...hmmm. I wonder who???
She was very honest in this interview though. I really liked that. She is very real. I definitely think that she is not DIPLOMATIC anymore. 

But, she needs to understand that the people that she holds in high esteem, may not genuinely care for her, apart from KJO and Hirani, I don't think any of the people she mentioned would give a crap about her. 

Obv she's not going to say Deepika, that would hurt her ego no? LOL. 

But at least shes frank, and made it apparent, that this is indeed how she feels. 
PerpetuumMobile IF-Dazzler
PerpetuumMobile
PerpetuumMobile

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
'How is it OK to call someone skinny, when you can't call someone fat?'
Indeedy! Thumbs Up

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bollykudi

Really nice interview! I love when actors talk openly about stuff and let us know small things about their life and habits.
One thing I didn't like is how she questioned why people can call someone too skinny but can't call someone fat Confused Yaar, media+society never sees even "too skinny" as a bad thing. They think every woman craves that body type but fat is always looked down upon. 

Except it does. The recent trend, at least in the West, is to put down women who are not well-endowed (a la Nicki Minaj's Anaconda)...that is why 'squats' became a trend...the reason why butt injections are a thing...and I guess why boob jobs came into being. There are women out there who do not have curvy bodies and they are shamed for it...people call them flat or skinny and also discuss their body shapes and types in condescending or demeaning manners just as women who are overweight get it. Calling or publicizing someone as 'sickly thin' (especially if they do happen have a metabolic problem or eating disorder) is just as problematic as making fun of someone for being obese because these conversations are tabloid fodder about health or lifestyle problems which are not actually had to help that person or bring awareness on the matter. 

Her point was that talking about someone's appearance or what's wrong with it (too skinny, too fat, etc.) is something hurtful and people don't tend to realize that. There is no one who should dictate how a woman 'should' look, what the perfect body type is, what the perfect proportions are or how a certain woman/actress fails to live up to the 'media/society' standard of visual perfection. She's certainly preaching to the wrong choir because the global entertainment industry is what sources and fans these standards, and unfortunately for her she both works in it and is also a victim of it but her opinion nevertheless has very strong sociological credibility.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

fireworksunshinegirl7Nietzycharismatic-gemHazardouscougarTownprincessunara

sunshinegirl7 Senior Member
sunshinegirl7
sunshinegirl7

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AriVeerAT

But, she needs to understand that the people that she holds in high esteem, may not genuinely care for her, apart from KJO and Hirani, I don't think any of the people she mentioned would give a crap about her. 

but she also mentioned her brother is her best friend. It seems her closest support system is her family n they will always be true to her..then she has her mr kohli who clearly loves her..,proof being he has stood by her through all the controversies this yr n lip drama n she has stood by him

i actually don't think she finds deepika prettier than herself...anushka also likes katrina as a person so maybe that adds to katrina's beauty for her?

Edited by sunshinegirl7 - 30 December 2014 at 2:54pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

princessunara

AriVeerAT Goldie
AriVeerAT
AriVeerAT

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunshinegirl7

Originally posted by AriVeerAT

but she also mentioned her brother is her best friend. It seems her closest support system is her family n they will always be true to her..then she has her mr kohli who clearly loves her..,proof being he has stood by her through all the controversies this yr n lip drama n she has stood by him

i actually don't think she finds deepika prettier than herself...anushka also likes katrina as a person so maybe that adds to katrina's beauty for her?

Yea, and time changes things. Right now she's working with Ranbir in many films so its natural for her to like Katrina, also she has worked with her, so actually knows her as a person, whereas she probably doesn't know Deepika like that. 

Im glad she has such a close relationship with her brother. The best thing about the interview is that shes honest, and even if it comes off as rude, arrogant ( not that I think that), or blunt its honest. Not all of her answers are meant to make everyone Happy. At least its not diplomatic. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

princessunara

Bandwagon-er Goldie
Bandwagon-er
Bandwagon-er

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
I want to talk about how refreshing this IV was but then I'd just be living up to my username. Hmph.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nietzyilovecrepes

Lady_Impala IF-Dazzler
Lady_Impala
Lady_Impala

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
Somehow I think Anu-Veer have always been good friends. Media just exaggerating because they didn't end up as a couple. 
And she is your typical tomboy who  once in a while will put on a beautiful dress because the occasion demands it. And great that she is open about depression and anxiety. 

But seriously hate chocolates????

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ilovecrepesprincessunara

Go to top