Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

I'm on medication for my anxiety - Anushka Sharma (Page 4)

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Oblivion111

Originally posted by zaynmalik.

Love the interview! I hope she gets better. Anxiety is not easy but I'm glad she spoke about it...Clap This actually explains a lot.
Anushka darling, Katrina is not prettier than you LOL

I know right? LOL Anushka > Katrina

Someone else will go Katrina > Anushka. She needs to be more confident about her own looks. That confidence will be her own won't come from anyone's praise nor criticism. LOL

Unfortunately the entertainment industry is like a boiling pressure pot. You have to have balls of steel not to start letting what happens (hits, flops, offers, power plays) and what is said (comments, praise, criticism, rumours, interpersonal relationships between actors/actresses/directors/producers, etc) get to your head and mess with your perceptions of yourself and the world. Anushka idolizes people like Adi Chopra, who gave her the break and from the very get go subjected her to low opinions of self...she picks an Anupama Chopra (over Rajeev Masand) who asked her if she's intimated by Katrina Kaif's beauty while working with her on JTHJ...Anushka picks a Katrina as the prettiest because she's in awe of her or all the hoopla about her looks in the industry. If the people you consider as game changers or gurus (the Adi Chopras) in your life...or the ones you hold in high esteem (the Anupamas and Katrinas) are the very source of your insecurities or affirming them...it's no surprise you end up internalizing all those things. 

I adore Anushka, but I'll be the first one to say that she seems to have very a misguided sense of judgement about people and those she chooses to hold in high esteem in her life. She's honest and real...but when you idolize or put your trust in people who have diametrically different interests or purposes than you in the larger scheme of things...this is what happens. She's immensely lucky that she is genuinely talented and has gotten both her personal and professional life back on track over time.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

houmumfireworkAriVeerATIceflamesNietzyHakuna-MatataacougarTownilovecrepesBinKuchKahe.princessunara

lovanika IF-Rockerz
lovanika
lovanika

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Loved her interview.
I like her much more fter reading this interview.
The on,y thing that bothered me was ass licking of Ranbir. Maybe to dispute the rumor of her and RK during some award function. She looked desperate to show that she is the inner circle with - RK, Katrina and Ayaan. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AriVeerATIceflamesilovecrepesG..OAT

.HandsomeBanana IF-Stunnerz
.HandsomeBanana
.HandsomeBanana

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
She's open about it. She mentioned her anxiety problems on Koel's show as well.
SherlockHouse IF-Stunnerz
SherlockHouse
SherlockHouse

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Same pinch anu

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beautyful_Mess

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
I suffer from anxiety as well Anushka, but I don't take medication, I do other activities to keep me going, and also Allah is the one who gives me the strength and confidence that I shouldn't give up.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

fireworkcougarTownBeautyful_Mess

Mr.Sareen Senior Member
Mr.Sareen
Mr.Sareen

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
@ Ruky , good..Trust your instincts than Benzo's unless they r d only way out..

ruky786

sarasingh86 IF-Rockerz
sarasingh86
sarasingh86

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Anxiety is horrendous condition to deal with. I have it and know how it can mess up your relationships and life. Imagine being not able to express and do normal things other people can do and enjoy. Sadly In developing countries like India , noone give attention to this issue and to any psychological issue . So many people suffer from it right from childhood and parents are unaware and children are ashamed and baffled. People become aware when it becomes visible and hard to control. I m glad she spoke about it openly .People  should be aware that its a problem.

Edited by sarasingh86 - 30 December 2014 at 12:53pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hollyBollyWoodSugar9.00ruky786princessunara

bollykudi Senior Member
bollykudi
bollykudi

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Really nice interview! I love when actors talk openly about stuff and let us know small things about their life and habits.
One thing I didn't like is how she questioned why people can call someone too skinny but can't call someone fat Confused Yaar, media+society never sees even "too skinny" as a bad thing. They think every woman craves that body type but fat is always looked down upon. 

ruky786

Go to top