India-Forums

Mahabharat
Mahabharat

Reaction of Guru Drona

Nonie12345 IF-Rockerz
Nonie12345
Nonie12345

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 5:39am | IP Logged
What would be guru drona's reaction to Ashwatthama's killing of draupadi's children in sleep and unborn baby in uttara's womb by the brahmaastra?

PanchaliKaArjun IF-Rockerz
PanchaliKaArjun
PanchaliKaArjun

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 5:57am | IP Logged
He would probably die again with shame . 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SonatiaNonie12345MataGauri

CaptainSpark IF-Rockerz
CaptainSpark
CaptainSpark

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 6:02am | IP Logged
Guru Drona has always loved his son more than anything and has tried to be partial towards him. He even died for his son, lamenting his death.
He would regret lamenting his sons death and die himself.. Any father would be filled with guilt, and Drona have pampered Ashwi so much, he would feel even more terrible

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nonie12345

amritat IF-Dazzler
amritat
amritat

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Actually according to KMG, Draupadi's sons were not killed in their sleep.
They were attacked at night...but they had woken up n had died fighting.
Nonetheless, I find it unethical as the war was practically over...n Ashwathama had attacked their camp when theywere asleep.
But according to Srimad Bhagavatam, Draupadi's children were killed in their sleep... Cry

Coming to your question...like someone here said Drona would have died back in shame...Or atleast he should have.
More than Draupadi's son( as per KMG), it is the act of releasing Brahmastra/Brahmashira at a young pregnant girl n the wombs of other women like Draupadi n Subhadra that I find more loathsome...How cowardly can a man be that he resorts to attacking women when he doesnt succeed in defeating the men!!
Guru Drone would have died back in shame!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nonie12345MataGauri

DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler
DharmaPriyaa
DharmaPriyaa

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Did Guru Drona feel ashamed after killing Abhimanyu? If yes, then he would have slapped or scolded  his son for his deed but never gave a curse or something like that. Yes Drona loved Pandavas very much but not more than his son! Even Ashwi was one of the main reasons of Drona's joining adharma side. Ashwi did not leave Duri so Drona could not join Pandavas as well. He faught a lifelong battle to become a true Guru but a father blind with love did not allow him to become one.
But yes, the picture of Guru Drona which I have within my mind would have shed tears after seeing that he & his son were responsible for whole destruction of Pandava family. I respect him for one thing that he indeed loved Pandavas, & wanted their victory.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CaptainSparkNonie12345

..Dharma_dasi.. Senior Member
..Dharma_dasi..
..Dharma_dasi..

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Well although it is merely an imagination but i guess when guru drona wud have seen such an act of his son from heaven (i really think he wud hv gone to heaven the reason being the holy land on which he died other than the good things he did) he wud have requested all devs that he wants to meet his son once, as during his whole lifetime he loved his son more than anything else. Although unwilingly yet he joined adharma for him. Today he is regreting that he did not scold or beat him for his misdeeds, but now he really wants to slap him hard for attacking innocebt children of pandavas that too when they were sleeping and attacking on an unvorn child (greatest sin). But at instead of allowin hum to meet his son today the devs make drona realise that what ur son is today is a lot because of u. U always tried to give him all facilies accepted all him sensible or insensible demands (one was teaching him use of bhramastra which caused a disaster today) it is u who actually failed just because 0f blind love. This is ur punishment that u will never b able to meet him neither u will b allowed to go down nor he will ever come in hell or heaven (as krishna said he wont die) listening to this and realising that on one hand teavhing students so amazing like pandavas he became a great guru on the other hand he turned into a shikshak by creating warriors like kauravs also he failed like a father. This thought only made him drown in the deepest ocean of guilt :'(

Nonie12345

Zephyr. IF-Rockerz
Zephyr.
Zephyr.

Fan Fiction Graphicer

Posted: 03 January 2015 at 7:21am | IP Logged
This question is completely hypothetical! But nevertheless I will still scratch my brain nd think something
What would be his reaction is highly debatable pt... Definately man of high principles like him would have loathed it bt again I suspect abt his reaction as the crime commiting person was his son... He was always blind for him! He did die in a grief for him! Always favoured him..loved him blindly there are lot proofs for this!
Acc to KMG Drau's sons died fighting bt it was def wrong for him to commit sumthing like this though he had his reasons for killing them in a unfair way as the way his dad, or Dury was killed was not fair too...
I may sound wrong bt its a fact that Revenge can turn anyone blind...
also him killing the baby in in mothers womb is unfair bt Dronas reaction for this as a dad acc to me is he wud have got angered, stopped talking or slapped him bt nt curse his son instead wud have punished himself!

Nonie12345

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top