India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

What should parents do?

mudraswathi IF-Stunnerz
mudraswathi
mudraswathi

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 5:29am | IP Logged
Nidhi announced her love towards Dr. Ashutos... Dad whisked her off to Kerala...and DB gave all kinds of gaali to the saath peediyaan of Dr.Ashutosh...

Anji said, she wanted to marry Dr.Rangu ...only to get the grumbling of her father...

When son / daughter says, they love someone, what a parent should do otherwise?

Edited by mudraswathi - 30 December 2014 at 5:31am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

saibanushobha21floridadocAnjani9Veni-Vidi-Vicibabita..bawaswift

Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz
Veni-Vidi-Vici
Veni-Vidi-Vici

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Background patha karna chahiye ... if all is well then agree to the marriage...if the parents have some issues then they should discuss it with their kids... listen to the kids POV..agar phir bhi teekh nahi laga toh leave the kid to his/ her fate...even if the choice is totally unacceptable , aintain some contact with the child, coz if he/she encounters some major trouble (harassment from spouse etc) then he/she should know that you are there for them...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shobha21floridadocbabita..bawaswiftmudraswathi

Veni-Vidi-Vici IF-Sizzlerz
Veni-Vidi-Vici
Veni-Vidi-Vici

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 6:22am | IP Logged
If the kid chooses some gunda-mawaali or anti-social element ,then it is better to break off all contacts but without creating fuss... aise logo se rishtha rakna is open invitation to trouble...esp to life... 

saibanu IF-Dazzler
saibanu
saibanu

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 6:28am | IP Logged
DB and CV's reaction was very natural , knowing that Nidhi is in love with a person who is much older than her ,their reaction was very much normal 
but if you ask generally , it varies from families to families .
Some families are very liberal when it comes matter as Love only thing they worry is the guy good enough for my daughter (  I am telling you my Papa's view here LOL)

But some families very conservative , no matter what- they wont accept Ouch

but end line is, As my papa said if both are serious about it and really want to take their relationship forward , I don't find any harm in it but yeah ...as they say Conditions Apply LOL

Nice POST Big smile

Anjani9 IF-Sizzlerz
Anjani9
Anjani9

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:56am | IP Logged
There is a thin difference between Attraction and Love...
My classmate has fell in love and married a guy who has dropped out after Graduation...she has a daughter now but her husband is not yet settled in life and does not allow her to work...
Will love stand in such a scenario? not sure or they just live together due to social structure?
Her father tried his best to stop the marriage and parents support her financially, don't such children be a burden on parents??
We can take our own decision but it should not impact our family...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shobha21floridadocbabita..Veni-Vidi-Vicimudraswathibawaswift

babita.. IF-Sizzlerz
babita..
babita..

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Nice question Mudra di Big smile As being very inexperience, I would prefer to read all the comments and the discussion leading to it. Big smile Thanks for the post. Hug

shobha21floridadocVeni-Vidi-Vicimudraswathibawaswift

mudraswathi IF-Stunnerz
mudraswathi
mudraswathi

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by babita68

Nice question Mudra di Big smile As being very inexperience, I would prefer to read all the comments and the discussion leading to it. Big smile Thanks for the post. Hug

Even though you are inexperienced, you analyze well.. so you think a bit.. Here are some pointers..

always, we hear about AshNi kind of hero and heroine love each other and parents oppose..May be Ashu a hero and Ni is the epitome of sarva guna sampanna bahu material... but nothing is written on their faces and hence parents become apprehensive...

for a change I am asking, what is the POV of a parent.. why they do they always say No first...
just step into parents shoes and think.. koi jaldi nahi.. kal parsoon kabhi bhi phursat meinLOL

Edited by mudraswathi - 30 December 2014 at 1:02pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shobha21floridadocbabita..bawaswift

babita.. IF-Sizzlerz
babita..
babita..

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mudraswathi

Originally posted by babita68

Even though you are inexperienced, you analyze well.. so you think a bit.. Here are some pointers..

always, we hear about AshNi kind of hero and heroine love each other and parents oppose..May be Ashu a hero and Ni is the epitome of sarva guna sampanna bahu material... but nothing is written on their faces and hence parents become apprehensive...

for a change I am asking, what is the POV of a parent.. why they do they always say No first...
just step into parents shoes and think.. koi jaldi nahi.. kal parsoon kabhi bhi phursat meinLOL
Sure sure di, I'll come back with my comment here soon. Big smile Btw, U have raised a very good point here. Embarrassed Parents are always worried for the well being of their own child. I think this is why the always refuse for being secured. 
I need time to think, will come back here again. Thanks for the points. Big smile

shobha21floridadocVeni-Vidi-Vicimudraswathibawaswift

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top