Zindagi Channel

India-Forums

Zindagi Channel
Zindagi Channel

~Fawad Khan Appreciation Thread 25~A special VM posted on p67 (Page 63)

TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Vidya on the contrary i felt sarmad had more layers than that off mansoor, mansoor was a pure and mature soul, while sarmad was innocent but very critical in his thought process, his silence could never be understood unless he would speak out, and there was a sense of cruelity when u see sarmad going against all the laws and committing crimes, more because u do feel that i wish i could save the guy.. and ohh at the end eventhough the ending was favbulous, there was a corner of my heart rooting for sarmad and Mary to unite, but yeah i was glad they parted ways.. the scene that stood out was sarmad at the end calling out the azaan in jeans and in front of the maulana ,.. i was clapping.. and i had these tears in my eyes, that ohh my religion is indeed so peaceful and this film delivers such a beautiful message ..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DefLeppard

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pinkeye

Originally posted by Neerjaa

Originally posted by pinkeye

Originally posted by DefLeppard

Abhi Payel...itna saraa...paste toh kar diya...kuch toh bolo...
I am greedy for more than a  "like" Big smile
about the film , I would say that it conveyed its messge brilliantly and It was well made film. As you said the story was the hero.

I don't know if you have read reviews of this movie on net or not, many mentioned FK as raw in acting at some places. I agree with them. He was raw in terms of portrayal. But it shows his potential talent as anactor in few scenes. But he become far more polished, nuamced and experienced with time and would say I gave seen Fawad in better version as an actor than in this project.

hope fully few will not throw chappals at me now.

But if you look at other perspective at FK as Sarmad , it was his character who was gullible  , young where as his brother was mature . Must be watching him  ,he became the easy target . .FK looked the part of a young boy who was brainwashed . 
yes his character was gullible and a vulnerable  one, but still I guess I do think his iinexperience  shown on screen at least to me. No one is perfect ever when they start as a professional , people improve their skills with time and experience. Fawad is no different. He has come a long way from playing edgy , vulnerable brainwashed young muslim to suave, sophisticated, prince charming Rajput Vikram Singh Rathore. Its only been an exponential growth and as an admirer I cannot ask more than that and glad to see his remarkable journey. But as I felt he was not at his best in kkl after watching his other work, that's what I mentioned. I hope that's not an issue here. he has only improved for better and it has taken him to places.

I am not ccriticizing him or his caliber as an actor , just said as per the performance in the film and also mentioned that he showed tremendous potential too. It cant be only good which should be mentioned about my favourite. Isnt it Neerja? I guess we can mention few things which we might disliked or do not agree with majority wrt to our absolute fav. I prefer that , it opens channels for discussions then. Big smile

Ha ha ha payal . Yes agree with you . He was raw that time and it was quite visible and  it went with his character . It should not be mutual admiration club  and healthy discussion is always welcomed .  I have not seen his starting phase . I saw the shows when he knew his craft very well  This KKL was discussed in Sundas thread and i just that day saw the picture . I did not find any evil expressions on his face when he become terrorist . Payal you are old hand , i am not . constructive criticism  makes the discussion healthy . Payal you just reminded me of someone from CB forum . 

DefLeppard

DefLeppard IF-Dazzler
DefLeppard
DefLeppard

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 8:19pm | IP Logged

Good morning!!

@Payel, Neerja, Sundas, Shewta(s), Shanaya, Bakul...others who are following this thread :)

Catching up with all the points made...

My POV is that

1. There is an over feed of post mortem information available on the net to know the movie plot, characters etc. Hence it leaves the viewers with a pre-notion of the perception. If you agree with the majority...it's not a crime.

But still as a naive viewer...without doing any homework on the characters, director's ability if you watch this movie...you are definitely left for a thinking cap to be put on...however a little more (Reminds me of Just a little bit...Gina G song :-)) preempt would have been more cohesive with the viewer .

2. FK himself has said in an IV...that he would have done Humsafar's Asher different now to what he did way back in 2010.

"It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change." - Charles Darwin

There are many actors who have evolved...I refrain from quoting them here which will digress this discussion :).

3. The director is the captain of the ship. Strong story should be back by good screen play and dialogues. Sarmad's role was crucial and needed more screen time? Maybe more dialogues (monologues).

@Sundas...you have brought some good points on the layers of the characters...I also recognize them (who doesn't love Lasagna!!...Yumm).

But what I would like to highlight is that, since we all follow FK and PK media works so ardently it's a sitter for us.

For first time viewers...there is a likely hood of missing it.

At least a confrontation with his granny or parents or Mariam would have closed many loops in a spoon fed way (@Som are you reading this LOL) . Or any other technique is welcome. Soliloquy brought out the best in Brutus character...if i can recall. (Gosh how i hated them to cram them for exams...Wink)

Somewhere deep inside, I have begun to compare Sarmad with Brutus (From Julius Caesar)

Both were "Honorable men"!! 

The subtle grey shades have to come out...else they can get easily merged.

@Som always says it's unfair to compare the movie making standards across HW, BW and LW (If I can call so). However the basic framework remains the same...OOPSLOL (Pun intended...a poor techie at heart).

4. Watching this movie again in a theatre would make a BIG difference. The prints on the net are of poor quality.

Three cheers to "ShoMan" for this brave and refreshing story.

Lastly not definitely...not least

@Shweta

Please watch the movie...you will die hard for it.

Edited by DefLeppard - 02 January 2015 at 8:54pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

...Annie...pinkeyeNeerjaaTeAmo_MessiHitchHiker_

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Good morning guys! 
Some news on Fawad in AP biopic:
Amrita Pritam
Amrita Pritam and Sonakshi Sinha

Chronicling the life of the Indian writer-poetess, the film will explore her relationship with Imroze, her partner and friend in the last four decades of her life, and lyricist Sahir Ludhianvi, the man she reportedly nursed an unrequited love for. Sonakshi Sinha and Fawad Khan have teamed up for the roles of Pritam and Imroze in the Ash Dua project. - See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/bollywood-is-riding-high-on-biopics-in-2015/15884191#sthash.HFusYi6M.dpuf

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

...Annie...DefLeppardNeerjaa.Archangel.TeAmo_MessiHitchHiker_

DefLeppard IF-Dazzler
DefLeppard
DefLeppard

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:51pm | IP Logged

Btw I have two questions related to ZGH:
-When Abrar was recommending Zaroon's hand for Kashaf did he genuinely think they would have a successfully married couple despite their differences in the past?

Yes.

Sir Abrar was a seasoned campaigner. Being an educationalist he had seen the many kids bloom into individuals over the years.

Although Abrar found it hard to believe Zaroon's intention, an introspection would have given him the answers. A failed engagement had made Zaroon more practical than the idealistic chauvinist.

On the other hand, Kashaf's sacrificial life in discharging duties to her household had made a soft spot in his heart. He wanted to make sure she gets a better life (If NOT the best)

He would have seen the equation of double displacement (as they say in Chemistry)...that a love/nurture deprived guy meets a lack of patriarchal support gal ...as a classic case of YinYang.

However he summarizes that marriages come with a risk.   Maybe he believed in 80-20 rule..like us J

-We have discussed many times how Zaroon was good for Kashaf and she needed someone like him. But we are told that Kashaf was also good for Zaroon and his parents were happy with Kashaf as their bahu later on. So in what way was she right for Zaroon?

Yes. Kashaf was right for Zaroon in so many ways...

She upheld her actions and never allowed his chauvinism/control freak nature over creep.

She filled in the void space of nurturing Zaroon...by cooking, taking care of his personal needs personally et al. This did not take an extra effort from her side...mainly because of her close knit up bringing...which later become her trump card.

She was always sought her mother's advice to sort out things and changed her strategy...keeping pace with Zaroon's speed.

Kashaf's resilience to adversities was her strength...which overflowed into Zaroon's weakness

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

...Annie...UnKnFascinationNeerjaaTeAmo_MessiTheRager

.Archangel. IF-Sizzlerz
.Archangel.
.Archangel.

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
Good Morning All! Hug Sundas, I agree!! Even when his frnd says.."Jab Baccha hoga toh sab theek ho jayega!" He immediately replies,"Baccha? Baccha kahaan se hoga? Uska aur mera aisa koi chakkar nhi hai.." Sarmad was definitely a very layered character. He was the young, naive, gullible boy who falls prey to these Jihaadis.. But still he is not as cruel and brutal as those terrorists were.. The Maulana rightly says.."Isko ek gulel laake do. 2-3 chidiya maarega tab jaake isko apni mardangi ka ehsaas hoga! Bandook toh chalai jaati nhi isse.." Though he had joined them, but still he was afraid of bloodshed and killing.. Mansoor was a mature soul whereas Sarmad was the innocent,gullible one. I remember watching KKL Back in 2007. Slipped out of my mind.. Thanx to Neerjaa for the video, I remembered that I had watched it. That time, didnt have the least idea about FK! But still, I liked Sarmad. I remember telling my Mumma.."The guy playing Sarmad was brilliant!!" Actually,as Sarmad gave a glimpse of his calibre.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DefLeppardNeerjaaTeAmo_Messi

...Annie... Senior Member
...Annie...
...Annie...

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Good morning everyone..! Smile
@Vidya your views on kkl have made me impatient now..! Can't wait to watch it again.. Btw i found a link for downloading it... The download isn't complete yet, thanks to my super slow net... But the picture quality is much better than those available on YouTube, although it isn't in HD either... Let's see, I'm waiting for the download to finish...

DefLeppard

HitchHiker_ IF-Stunnerz
HitchHiker_
HitchHiker_

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 11:56pm | IP Logged

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

...Annie...DefLeppardstranger2roseNeerjaa.Archangel.shreya11mehraTeAmo_MessiTheRager

Go to top