Zindagi Channel

India-Forums

Zindagi Channel
Zindagi Channel

~Fawad Khan Appreciation Thread 25~A special VM posted on p67 (Page 61)

DefLeppard IF-Dazzler
DefLeppard
DefLeppard

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:49am | IP Logged
This is my write up after watching KKL.

Highs :

1. Its extremely refreshing to see such topics made into movies from homeland than a western eye to the story. The writer/director has guts to put  it to his ppl. Read that he was issued fatwa before release while he fled the country. Confused

2. The casting was good. Had i not known FK, I would have easily mistaken the face with Zayed Khan. Dont throw chappals at me...he...he
The oval face and longish hair was quite misleading. FK looked taller than his usual 5 ft 7in etc frame.

3.The conversation of the Jenny and Mansoor was light n nice...esp. the 800 yr visa dig from her.LOL

4.Music knows NO language...its so true. I have made many friends here on this forum based on music. Its really heartening to see the rest of the class join Mansoor. Thumbs Up

5.Portrayal of women was subtle and the miseries continue...even if 10 Malala's stand up. Unhappy

6.The whole process of finding the gullible youth and transforming is shown well. At least we read this in papers...or in documentaries. 
In this medium its new..at least to me.

7.Mariam's failed attempt to escape while the background score tempos, sarmad forcing himself on Mariam  and Sarmad at the azan towards the end were stand out scenes.

8.Allah-ho...good tune. In my playlist now...the remix one though :)

9.The catalyst granny is shown to be least significant...however her talk had all the effects...(that is life :) )

10.Sarmad's over all appearance as an fundamentalist was convincing.

11.Court scenes were good with Naseeruddin.  The comparisons of what the very religion intends to be and how its interpreted to be ...told well to the audience.

12. Sarmad and Mariam continuing their life ...without any compromises and a cliched forced relationship. Super like!!

Lows:

1.The slow combustion of Sarmad's change is shown, however...what attracted him to the extremist is never explained. 

They have showed his dilemma only once...while he takes a run on the park. (Very similar to Asher doing it ...to sort out his thoughts LOL).
For me, for FK as an actor this confusion should have been shown more. Maybe his thinking after they threw tar on the advertisement boards etc. or when the mullah talked bad on singing/dancing etc. 

2.FK looked amateur in his acting. Considering its early days...chalo maaf kar diya.  Smile

If majority of this forum disagree to my point...here is what i mean

What i felt was that was Sarmad's character was not layered enough to show the emotions of grey - anger, remorse, rebel, shame etc.
Maybe keeping the length of the movie/narration...it was just edited?

Esp. after I have been spoilt for ace performance of Asher and Zaroon, I think Sarmad fell short. Dead

3.The characterization  parents' was little loose and they were shown not bothered of their kids' welfare...aloof. Kind of hard to believe.

4.The remorse from Sarmad was less effective. It should have been more stronger. Maybe monologues

5.Initial court room scenes...little silly (with women jeering from side lines)

6.Better camera work to capture the scenic snow capped mountains  was required. What a lost opportunity!!!

7.Sarmad's dilemma in marrying Maria could have been better.

8.Sarmad jumping to the helicopter with little hesitance could have been better...at least  monologues were required.

Edited ----

9. Iman Ali's well manicured nails / in fact hair after the escape was really bad screen play. Movie makers should learn to bring the continuity. Else is too jarring to view. 

Cute moments:
1.Mansoor putting henna on Jenny's hands!!
2.Sarmad offering food to Maria ...saying "mein abhi nahin khaya..."...did he expect her to sympathize  with him.LOL

Parting notes:

As a true fan of FK, am really happy that he got work on such projects. This makes his CV definitely stand out. Yahooo!!!StarClapCool
IMO ...the story was the "hero" of this movie.

Edited by DefLeppard - 02 January 2015 at 9:55am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

...Annie...NeerjaapinkeyeHitchHiker_TeAmo_Messi...Jes...TheRager

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pinkeye

Originally posted by Neerjaa

Any idea when FF and screen nominations would be out? Though in all probability , Tiger Shroff will sweep the debut awards this year, but still nominations will make me happy too.

Payal is anyone left for debut award ?

Sorry, but coukd not get the meaning? Confused
  I mean Tiger . 
pinkeye IF-Sizzlerz
pinkeye
pinkeye

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:55am | IP Logged

Any idea when FF and screen nominations would be out? Though in all probability , Tiger Shroff will sweep the debut awards this year, but still nominations will make me happy too.

Payal is anyone left for debut award ?

Sorry, but coukd not get the meaning? Confused
  I mean Tiger . 
I just wrote the same thing Neerja, Tiger will win it. LOL
pinkeye IF-Sizzlerz
pinkeye
pinkeye

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Vidya is a briiliant take and you were planning not to share it.

I agree with you that film does enrich Fawad's cv. I am glad he got the opportunity to work in that internationally acclaimed film at that early stage of career.

lastly, no one is going to throw chappals on you. Fawad looked different that time. He is more polished, more groomed in terms of his appearance post 2010 and add to that, he had rhinoplasty post kkl  era.

Edited by pinkeye - 02 January 2015 at 10:25am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

...Annie...DefLeppardNeerjaa

DefLeppard IF-Dazzler
DefLeppard
DefLeppard

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Abhi Payel...itna saraa...paste toh kar diya...kuch toh bolo...
I am greedy for more than a  "like" Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaapinkeye

HitchHiker_ IF-Stunnerz
HitchHiker_
HitchHiker_

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 10:06am | IP Logged
^^ @Vidya - I have not watched the movie.. not that I did not make an attempt to watch it but I could not continue after a few mins...
Regd: FK's acting... I have seen some of his old work and definitely he was not at his best then... But I am so glad that he has improved immensely in the last few years... to reach where he is today

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

...Annie...DefLeppardpinkeyeNeerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DefLeppard

This is my write up after watching KKL.

Highs :

1. Its extremely refreshing to see such topics made into movies from homeland than a western eye to the story. The writer/director has guts to put  it to his ppl. Read that he was issued fatwa before release while he fled the country. Confused

2. The casting was good. Had i not known FK, I would have easily mistaken the face with Zayed Khan. Dont throw chappals at me...he...he
The oval face and longish hair was quite misleading. FK looked taller than his usual 5 ft 7in etc frame.

3.The conversation of the Jenny and Mansoor was light n nice...esp. the 800 yr visa dig from her.LOL

4.Music knows NO language...its so true. I have made many friends here on this forum based on music. Its really heartening to see the rest of the class join Mansoor. Thumbs Up

5.Portrayal of women was subtle and the miseries continue...even if 10 Malala's stand up. Unhappy

6.The whole process of finding the gullible youth and transforming is shown well. At least we read this in papers...or in documentaries. 
In this medium its new..at least to me.

7.Mariam's failed attempt to escape while the background score tempos, sarmad forcing himself on Mariam  and Sarmad at the azan towards the end were stand out scenes.

8.Allah-ho...good tune. In my playlist now...the remix one though :)

9.The catalyst granny is shown to be least significant...however her talk had all the effects...(that is life :) )

10.Sarmad's over all appearance as an fundamentalist was convincing.

11.Court scenes were good with Naseeruddin.  The comparisons of what the very religion intends to be and how its interpreted to be ...told well to the audience.

12. Sarmad and Mariam continuing their life ...without any compromises and a cliched forced relationship. Super like!!

Lows:

1.The slow combustion of Sarmad's change is shown, however...what attracted him to the extremist is never explained. 

They have showed his dilemma only once...while he takes a run on the park. (Very similar to Asher doing it ...to sort out his thoughts LOL).
For me, for FK as an actor this confusion should have been shown more. Maybe his thinking after they threw tar on the advertisement boards etc. or when the mullah talked bad on singing/dancing etc. 

2.FK looked amateur in his acting. Considering its early days...chalo maaf kar diya.  Smile

If majority of this forum disagree to my point...here is what i mean

What i felt was that was Sarmad's character was not layered enough to show the emotions of grey - anger, remorse, rebel, shame etc.
Maybe keeping the length of the movie/narration...it was just edited?

Esp. after I have been spoilt for ace performance of Asher and Zaroon, I think Sarmad fell short. Dead

3.The characterization  parents' was little loose and they were shown not bothered of their kids' welfare...aloof. Kind of hard to believe.

4.The remorse from Sarmad was less effective. It should have been more stronger. Maybe monologues

5.Initial court room scenes...little silly (with women jeering from side lines)

6.Better camera work to capture the scenic snow capped mountains  was required. What a lost opportunity!!!

7.Sarmad's dilemma in marrying Maria could have been better.

8.Sarmad jumping to the helicopter with little hesitance could have been better...at least  monologues were required.

Cute moments:
1.Mansoor putting henna on Jenny's hands!!
2.Sarmad offering food to Maria ...saying "mein abhi nahin khaya..."...did he expect her to sympathize  with him.LOL

Parting notes:

As a true fan of FK, am really happy that he got work on such projects. This makes his CV definitely stand out. Yahooo!!!StarClapCool
IMO ...the story was the "hero" of this movie.

I was really surprised how this topic was made in Pakistan . It was the story which was the hero . and i found it to be realistic as youngsters are brainwashed .in the name of religion . Yes FK  was raw ,it might be his earlier work . He also looked very young and as you said ,how his family let him go that wrong side . .  Here i felt he was not hard core terrorist ,was just doing without thinking , should not be more than 18 . Even if you see the scene where he forces himself  that time he does not have lust in his eyes ,doing because was told to . I felt sympathy for Sarmad thinking of so many like him who were not even aware what they are in to . 
I think  finances also might be the problem but still told the story which wanted to tell . . 

have posted this scene  Anywhere he looks evil ? You really feel sorry for him where he was just brainwashed with that  trash . When he enters that room that time she was escaped but was caught . But still there was no lust or anything in his voice as if he did not want  to go through . VERY SUBTLE PERFORMANCE  . 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

...Annie...DefLeppard

pinkeye IF-Sizzlerz
pinkeye
pinkeye

Posted: 02 January 2015 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DefLeppard

Abhi Payel...itna saraa...paste toh kar diya...kuch toh bolo...
I am greedy for more than a  "like" Big smile
about the film , I would say that it conveyed its messge brilliantly and It was well made film. As you said the story was the hero.

I don't know if you have read reviews of this movie on net or not, many mentioned FK as raw in acting at some places. I agree with them. He was raw in terms of portrayal. But it shows his potential talent as anactor in few scenes. But he become far more polished, nuanced and experienced with time and would say I have seen Fawad in better version as an actor than in this project.

hope fully few will not throw chappals at me now.

Edited by pinkeye - 02 January 2015 at 10:28am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

...Annie...DefLeppardNeerjaa

Go to top