~Fawad Khan Appreciation Thread 25~A special VM posted on p67 - Page 85

Posted: 9 years ago
Ayesha Fawad does not want to do tv for the moment, may be as he feels it limits his options. Thus he chose
Medium of films. I do not see him doing tv at the moment or in near future as thats not his priorities. So though we may miss his presence on tv , its unfunfortunately not show time. Moreover all his cntemporaries in pakistani tv industry are also giving up tv for films , for eg- fahad mustafa, mahira, adeel and sheryar doing films. So I do not see why Fawad with this much popularity should not try to explore? Yes ks was not upto the mark, but it surely helped him to explore new territories. But I do have apprehensions about B4b and honestly Sonam's words were annoying to read. But for that I do not think Fawad going back to tv is a good option either, that would be retrogressive.

I just wish he gets good scripts to choose from and chooses wisely.Edited by pinkeye - 9 years ago
Why are you guys upset over what Sonam said? Dolly ki Arthi bahut jaldi uthne wali hain. If Fawad had an issue with her he wouldn't have signed BFB with her. We shouldn't care about some idiots on BS.
 Never liked Sonam...but saying FK was not the reason for KS is bulls**t.
If FK was not in the film, it would have tanked big time. I think Sonam will have her "I didnt mean it like that" moment in few interviews😆 
I dont think media has ever been this crazy for a new actor Sonam😈 when will this girl learn?
Dolly ki arthi? 🤣

Yes Fawad does not have any problems woth kapoors and so does kapoors. Its symbiotic relationship to rip fruits from both ends.But if they are that much fond of each other then Sonam can surely use her words more precisely. I know too much to ask for. But still when during film promotions, it is said fawad is more popular than me in india and then for another film promotion, said ks is my opening, she only looks you know what I mean. Not upset as such, but little miffed surely.
BFB can be amazing if -
1. they show more interaction between Jinni and ZAK- phone, email, eye talking, anything
2. they show ZAK's past, more shades of his character
3. Jinni and ZAK's teenage moments to build up their romance
4. less focus on jinni and more on both of them
5. try not to make it like a silly chick flick
6. focus on the political ambition of ZAK, confusion of Jinni in the political world
7. no loud mouthed punju/ north indian mother interactions.

This story has so much potential, hope they dont ruin it
We all know Sonam and her big mouth, so why worry about such frivolous comments from her. Having said that I must say that I did not like her saying that or for that matter when Anil K gave the credit to his daughters for whatever happened with Khoobsurat. The numbers are there to speak - and though they must have started with the thought that FK is a nobody, the results and buzz is here for everyone to see.

Leave alone Fawad, in her upcoming movie she is the leading lady for 3 heros, supposedly. But can anyone take the credit away from Rajkumar Rao for his performance? Sonam has a long way to go in BW and so has Fawad (that is if he is serious about his BW career). The best way for him to answer such claims would be to sign up with better PH's and hope he does that.

Having said all of this, FK and SK do share a very good personal rapport and get along fairly well. Sonam does have a lot of respect for FK as a person and also as an artist. So everything needs to be examined in the context of when and where it is said which in this case we do not knowEdited by shweta_r - 9 years ago
Originally posted by -Brilliant-

BFB can be amazing if -
1. they show more interaction between Jinni and ZAK- phone, email, eye talking, anything
2. they show ZAK's past, more shades of his character
3. Jinni and ZAK's teenage moments to build up their romance
4. less focus on jinni and more on both of them
5. try not to make it like a silly chick flick
6. focus on the political ambition of ZAK, confusion of Jinni in the political world
7. no loud mouthed punju/ north indian mother interactions.

This story has so much potential, hope they dont ruin it

Sana...you have almost summarized my thoughts.

ZAK character has a progression just like Zaroon. From a motherless kid to a strong, well balanced individual (with oodles of charm of course 😉 )

They need a strong back end who should do good adaptation of the novel. If the same team of KS is doing it...either they learn from their mistakes or take proven talent on board esp...who understand politics, satire & hinterland. 

If Rhea is having talks with Disney again...(dunno...just feel here), Disney should give them stringent rules for content value.

I had watched Producers' round table in a popular channel...Disney head (my namesake's hubby 😆 ) was very clear on the content being good, connected with audience and get ROI on every penny spent.

So...its not going to be cake walk this time K sisters...the overconfidence should not lead to complacency.

I still remember reading posts on Numm...though being critically acclaimed, had tanked commercially. So just having FK in the casting is not a done deal for K sisters.

Also FK is over burdened with so much love n adulation from us 😳...he needs to spend it on us by giving some kick ass stuff. ⭐️
^^ I hope they ask us to adapt the novel🤣
Yes i had seen the producer's round table too and i remember them talking about getting better scripts. Kjo said that by the time i reach pg 40 I am bored, they are so bad. 

So I hope the producers (Disney/UTV or whoever else) focus on a strong script. And yes having only FK is not going to help them or FK.

I just hope things work out better for FK.😳
Edited by -Brilliant- - 9 years ago
One more thing in BS everyone is there with an agenda. The person who made the comment on Fawad fans...she is a butthurt Ash fan who is still hurt that Sonam supposedly called her aunty currently gloating that Ash aunty is doing a KJo film with Ranbir. Everyone's tunes over there changes based on BO status and BW equations. For Ash fans Jazbaa ka BO Hazmaa will be enough. 😆
Adding more: Went thru the thread. Only two members have an issue with Fawad fans. The rest were bashing or defending Sonam and pretty much everyone agreed that Fawad was largely responsible for whatever success KS got. 

Here you go an interesting observation:

Also along with Fawad she took digs at two National Award winners ie Dhanush and Rajkumar. 

Now cheer up everyone. Fawad got nominated for debut in Star Guild Awards. 
Edited by RockChicGirl - 9 years ago
We need to show more progressive topics: Pak TV actor Amina Sheikh 

Pakistani actor Amina Sheikh feels that the airing of shows made in her country in India has been a blessing for the talent there. "India has always been open to talent from across the world, but Pakistanis didn't make much of an impact in the past. Now, Fawad (Khan) and Ali Zafar's movies have changed that, in terms of Indians' impression of us," she says.

Pak TV actor Aamina Sheikh

With Pakistani shows getting a good reception here, Amina feels the market for her and her compatriots has opened up. She adds, "Our actors are willing to explore new platforms and make a mark internationally. Fawad has made us proud, and has paved the way for all of us. I hold him in high regard." 

Initially, Pakistani shows stood out in India for being toned down in terms of grandeur, but soon, the similarities were evident with the underlying theme of a woman in distress, making sacrifices for her loved ones. 

Amina says, "As actors, imagine the battles we have to fight with our writers. I deal with this on a daily basis. We try to urge producers to take a risk and stop running shows on victimised women, abuse, affairs and divorce. They have been harped on a lot. We need to show more contemporary and progressive topics." 

After Maat and Aaina Dulhan Ka, Amina is looking forward to another of her shows " which is about love, marriage and fragile relationships " that will air in India soon. She says, "As actors, we crave variety and challenges. Usually, social subjects on TV are executed in a dry, in-your-face manner, which is not appealing. This show has a commercial appeal, while sending out a message too."

- See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/television/we-need-to-show-more-progressive-topics-pak-tv-actor-amina-sheikh/article1-1304446.aspx#sthash.fQvGkzN3.dpuf