India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

IPKKND, prologue

MUNNIBABA2009 Senior Member
MUNNIBABA2009
MUNNIBABA2009

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:59am | IP Logged
I remember reading this prologue almost two years ago. It was by Alvirashah2012. She never conTinued it so I was kinda hoping I could. I'm posting the prologue now. Lemme know if you guys wanna read it. I'm working on part one right now. 
Prologue 

May 19th 2009

"HAPPPY BIRTHDAYYY!" Khushi ran towards Shyam and basically leaped into his arms.

"Khushi!" Shyam hugged her, and swung her around. God he loved this girl more than anything in the world. "I am so glad you could make it."

"Aap ka birthday, aur hum na aaye?" Khushi pulled away from him and grinned. "That's not possible."

Shyam grinned back at her: his best friend, his life. " Yea, without you, this party would be pretty lifeless."

"That is absolutely true." Khushi's looked at her best friend and thanked god for the millionth time that they were friends. "So, how've you been? I haven't talked to you in six months... SIX MONTHS!" She locked her arms with his and pulled him towards the other side of the room where she could see all her other friends lounging around. "I have SOOO much to tell you. Studying abroad at Japan was AH-mazing! People are SOOO nice, and the clothes there are so creative and colorful. And I also went to Korea and MY GOD I am IN LOVE with Korean clothes. They are so flattering and CUTE."

Shyam just listened to her talk about her awesome time in Japan and everything. He was so happy she was finally back. The past six months had been hell for him. The only way to talk to her was through skype or the phone and that had been horrible. He liked to talk to her face to face. Watch her animated face and body language. Be there for all the crazy things she did. Just be with her.

"KHUSHIII!!"

Shyam was pulled out of his thoughts as Khushi let go of his arms, and ran towards their other friends. This was turning out to be the best birthday party. He put his hands in his pocket and felt the velvety box which contained the ring he had bought for Khushi almost two years ago. Today was the day... today was the day he was going to propose to her. Today was the day he was going to risk it all, tell her exactly how he felt. He looked around the room, searching for another one of his best friends: Arnav. Where the hell was he?

Arnav walked into the party with a wicked hangover. It was ten pm and he was already hung over. And the music was definitely not helping. If it hadn't been Shyam's birthday, he would never have agreed to come here. Even now his plan was to wish Shyam a hapy birthday, say hi to everyone and just get the hell out.

"Arnav, so glad you could make it, man." Shyam shook hands with Arnav and half hugged him.

"Happy birthday, dude." Arnav replied, and smiled.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to everyone."

"Everyone?... Or Khushi?" Arnav teased,  getting a little of his humor back. "So have you told her yet?"

"Nahi, yaar. She has been socializing with everyone. I haven't had a chance to be with her alone."

"Well you'll have plenty of time after the party tonight, I'm sure. She's staying over, right?"  Arnav scanned the room, "So, I haven't even met this famous Khushi Kumari Gupta. Where is she?"

"She should be around... I mean she was just here." Shyam looked around the room, "Hold on, let me go find her."

Arnav leaned against the nearby stairs and looked around, trying to picture what this Khushi person looked like, waiting for Shyam to come back.

"Dude, look out!!"

BAM!

Arnav turned around just in time to catch a girl sliding down the rail of the stairs he was leaning against. Arnav fell backwards with the force of the girl hitting him.

"Hi..." Khushi looked at the guy she had somehow managed to knock down and land on top of. "I am sooo sorry."

Arnav looked at this girl who had knocked him down, her soft brown eyes were huge and worried. Her face was slightly flushed. Her pupils dilated. For a second he thought she was drunk.. But  he couldn't smell alcohol on her breath.

"It's okay." He was mesmerized by her, by the twinkle in her eyes, by the sweet smell of her breath, by her soft music like voice, by the thudding of her heart... or maybe that was his heart. He couldn't really tell.

Khushi stared into his eyes too, totally mesmerized by the intensity she saw in them, by the sadness hidden deep in his eyes. By his gentle husky voice.  Who was this guy?

Both of them finally blinked and tried to get up from the floor.

"I am reallly sorry." Khushi started saying, when they finally managed to get up " I really didn't mean too. I mean I even said watch out. I didn't mean to. I am so sorry."

"It's okay. It really is." Arnav brushed off dust off his blazer, and fixed it. "So you make a habit of sliding down the stairs rails and knocking people down? Or am I just special?"

Khushi blushed, and looked at his shyly, "I... no I don't make a habit of that. I mean I love sliding down but not knocking people down." Khushi bit her lip, "You see, I have this theory. I usually do something stupid and weird at parties like this cuz, well half the people in here are drunk and other half thinks everyone but him or her is drunk so basically you can do whatever you want and no one will judge you because they just think you're drunk." She took a deep breath, "This was actually pretty tame. I almost jumped off the balcony once."  

"Interesting theory." Arnav genuinely smiled for the first time in months. "Jumped off a balcony... do I even wanna know?" 

"Isn't it?" Khushi was happy to see the smile reflected in his eyes. She was funny, apparently. "Well actually...--" 

"Oh look, you found her." Shyam said coming up beside Khushi and putting his arms around her shoulders. "Arnav, this is Khushi, and Khushi this is Arnav."

"You...You're Khushi?" Arnav said, a little shocked. He felt something tighten in his heart. Damn, the one girl who had finally made him feel something in months... and she was his best friend's girl.

"Yea... Is something wrong with that?" Khushi asked, surprised by his reaction. His eyes had suddenly lost the twinkle and the sadness had taken over again.

"No.. No ofcourse not. I had heard a lot about you. Its really nice to finally meet you." Arnav smiled.

"Nice to meet you too."

"Hey Shyam.. I really gotta go now." Arnav said, "Excuse us, Khushi."

"Sure." Khushi smiled at them both, "It was really nice to meet you.", and just walked away. While she was walking away, she turned around and looked at Arnav one last time, and hoped she met him again.

"But you just got here."

"You knew I had to leave early. Sorry buddy." Arnav couldn't get over the fact that somehow he had managed to fall in love with the same girl he had heard so much about for the past year. The same girl he had labeled a gold digger. The same girl he was convinced was using Shyam and leading him on. But she didn't look anything like that. In fact she was the most---

"Okay, if you are sure." Shyam fidgeted slightly. "Please stay dude... I need your help when I finally propose to her. You're the only one who knows and I am nervous."

"I'm sorry. You know I have an early flight back to London tomorrow morning. Good luck man, and let me know what happens. " Arnav hugged Shyam and they both said their goodbyes.

Arnav walked out of the room,  stopped and looked back at the room, his eyes searching for Khushi. He finally spotted her in one of the corners talking to her friends. Surprisingly, Khushi looked up right then and their eyes met across the room. Khushi smiled and waved at him. Arnav smiled, and waved back at her, walking out of that party, and probably from her life forever.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aliahayse

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top