Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

if BW were to make '50 shades of grey' (Page 2)

IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sharpener

Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

I think Ranveer Singh is the only one who has the guts to do it, but I don't know if he has the conventional movie star good looks (oh the irony) that Christian Gray supposed to posses.

If they tone it down for Bollywood then ...

Hrithik Roshan (I personally don't think he's got movie star good looks but the consensus in Bollywood is that he does). And I think he can pull off arrogant and cocky pretty well.

I think Anushka can pull off the innocent virginal girl thing pretty well. Except I like Anushka so I wouldn't wish this on her lol.

LOL@ Hritik being able to pull off cocky and arrogant well. Thats exactly why I picked him as well. Plus he has the body and personality to pull off the successful and classy business man look.

As for Anushka, she can look innocent but she's too tall, tomboyish and loud to play Anastasia, who is really the epitome of delicate and virginal femininity.

I guess if they can't be loud that takes Parineeti off the list then lol.

Alia could do it but same thing with Anushka, I wouldn't wish this on her either lol. Maybe a few years ago Vidya but I don't think she can pass for a 22 year old. Hmm, so far your choice of Shraddha seems to fit lol.

Shrikrishna, Aamir is too old. And the Aamir/Alia erotic scenes would send all of us into therapy.

As for Anurag Kayshap's methods, Oy Vey!!!   It cannot be true that he makes his actors drink. I mean isn't this some type of harassment?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shrikrishnaSharpenerQuixotic5

Mallika-E-Bhais IF-Stunnerz
Mallika-E-Bhais
Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Hmmm. Tough one. There is no contender for a character like Grey in BW. Some actors have all the ingredients except looks, which are harped on in the book, and some don't have much except the looks.
Hrithik would be the best contender seeing the rest but I don't think he can pull off arrogant or cocky. Too soon to say seeing how he hasn't even given IVs in the media, but I somehow feel Harshvardhan Kapoor, Sonam/Rhea Kapoor's younger brother can pull off Grey. He's rather good-looking though not the Zeus that Grey has been sketched as. And I somehow feel he will be a good actor.

Amongst actresses- Someone new. Anu cannot pull off innocent, Alia is too young though that's probably why they will go for her, Parineeti, don't even get me started. LOL

The rest are the older than the role requires. FRESH face!

Wait- Shraddha Kapoor!!!! The perfect fit for Anastasia, physicality wise. And Dia Mirza but since they would want someone younger, SK. 

Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 30 December 2014 at 1:13am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fiery.Fawkes

Mallika-E-Bhais
Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:11am | IP Logged
I was so rooting for Matt Bomer to play Grey in the HW movie. Cry

He is PERFECT. He has INCREDIBLE looks, c'mon, just LOOK at that face. He's an excellent actor, looks like he was born in a Savile Row suit & can  pull off that cocky,devastatingly charming arrogance like perfection. But IDIOTS. Had to give it someone else who definitely does NOT fit the  role & apparently, because Bomer is gay. SO?!! Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SharpenercougarTown

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:19am | IP Logged

And the Aamir/Alia erotic scenes would send all of us into therapy.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shrikrishnaSharpenerFiery.FawkesIAmLuvBollyQuixotic5cougarTown

Mallika-E-Bhais
Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

ROFL ROFL ROFL

ROFL

SharpenerIAmLuvBollyglace-bleue

Sharpener Goldie
Sharpener
Sharpener

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Shrddha Kapoor ~ She's perfect for this, she usually looks lost onscreen so she can play Anastasia so well LOL  Jokes apart, cant see anyone other than Shradha in this role. They'd have to cast someone new. 

Sharrdha is very petite and delicate; she can look innocent amd shy but also very sensual. Alsi, I'm biased cuz I'm a Ranbir fan but Ranbir would play Christian Gray quite well. Embarrassed

Edited by Sharpener - 30 December 2014 at 1:29am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shrikrishnaQuixotic5IAmLuvBollycougarTownglace-bleue

Mallika-E-Bhais
Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:36am | IP Logged
@Sharpener: I COMPLETELY agree with what you said. There used to be FSOG topics earlier too, and in all of them I always said Shradha, so am very surprised how she didn't come to my mind instantly.

Yes! I thought of Biru too! Leaving aside his looks, he would play Grey better than HR ,IMO. But since physicality is a huge part of the character, HR would be a better fit.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SharpenerIAmLuvBolly

IAmLuvBolly IF-Dazzler
IAmLuvBolly
IAmLuvBolly

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 1:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

Originally posted by blue-ice

ROFL ROFL ROFL

ROFL

Well it's true.  I think Alia looks too young to even romance Hrithik or Abhishek on screen.   Aamir looks relatively good for his age but Alia wasn't even born when he romanced her sister Pooja in DHKMN.  Aamir's doing well with what he's doing.  He doesn't need to become Bollywood's Rajnikanth ROFL

SharpenerMallika-E-Bhaisglace-bleue

Go to top