Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Virika OS: Cakes & Confessions

KryanVirikaLuv Senior Member
KryanVirikaLuv
KryanVirikaLuv

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Hey guys! Big smile
Here's another OS on virika, this time it's during virat and maya's engagement. One of my favourite virika scenes was the kitchen scene, so I wanted to write another scene with them in the kitchen. It's Vanshika's birthday and Viren wants to bake a cake for her with his wife's help. Fun and romance ensue. Please comment!

Jeevika was in the kitchen, putting away the leftover dhal and spicy curries from lunch in the refrigerator. She was alone in the house, except for the servants whom she'd told not to worry about the leftover food, but instead to clean up the rooms, since the rest of the family was absent. Viren was at his office and Vanshika and Swamini were at the temple. She had nothing to do, but call Manvi. However, after a while, Manvi had to go to the doctor's with Beeji and so Jeevika, tying the dupatta of her dark blue churidar at her waist, went to the kitchen, as she often did. She loved cooking; it was her passion, like others' were music or sports. It was an art for her; the special arrangements for each dish; the rich colors of the powdered spices and the fresh scents of coriander and mint leaves. Manvi had never troubled herself with it before Jeevika got married, although she hardly minded because she loved creating new confections and tasty meals for the family. She always used her mother's old recipe book with small notes and additions in her mother's long, looping script. It was one of the few things she had left of her. She smiled wistfully in remembrance of how pleased the family were whenever she cooked something new and delicious. In the Vadhera household, she didn't often get the chance to cook for the family because of the many servants and the different expectations of the family. But, whenever she got the chance, she'd head to the kitchen and would make something for her, Viren or Shlok; sometimes a sweet dish for the family...however not often.

As she reached for the last ceramic bowl of mutton stew, she felt a pair of masculine arms wrap around her waist. She started at first and then relaxed as she felt Viren's smooth cheek press against hers.

"What are you doing?" he asked her, dipping his chin into the hollow between her neck and shoulder.

"Tidying up. How come you're home early?" she replied, smilingly; the mutton stew forgotten for the moment.

"I was missing you," his soft murmur caressed the line of her jaw, "Kyun? Disappointed to see me?"

"Haan, I was expecting someone else," she teased.

"Someone else?" he spun her around in his arms so she was pressed against the granite countertop, "Who?" He pretended to appear angry.

She smiled back, "My husband. He's at work now, but he'll be home soon."

"Acha...so then, who am I?"

"My helper. You are going to help me finish cleaning up the kitchen," she told him firmly. She turned back to get the mutton stew and handed it to him. He dutifully put it back into the fridge and she continued handing him different utensils to put away.

"Done?" he queried, finally, closing the cupboard and advancing towards her.

"Haan, leken, you better leave soon, my husband will be home and he won't be happy to see me with another man," she answered, pushing him away, laughing.

"After all that work and I don't get even one kiss?" Viren looked indignant.

"Nahi, I'm a faithful wife," she responded.

"Hmmn..." he pushed her towards the countertop again with a low murmur, "Leken, I am a bad man." His hands braced on either side of her as he leaned closer.

Her eyes widened in mock terror, "Arrey, my husband is home!"

He backed off and left the kitchen hastily.

Jeevika laughed to herself. She loved his playfulness; their relationship seemed to grow stronger and deeper over time, rather than weaker, as she had heard many unhappily married couples say. The love she and Viren shared was not a flimsy, insubstantial thing.

Viren returned to the kitchen with a furious expression, "Who was that man leaving the house?"

She quickly looked nervous, "Oh...that was my helper."

"Your helper? What was he helping you with?"

"Putting the food away."

"Don't even look at another man while I am not at home, Mrs. Vadhera," he told her with a dark look, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards him.

She timidly looked down, "Kabhi nahi."

He tightened his hold on her waist, pulling her closer, but she put her hands to his chest, "Virenji?"

"Hmm?" his gaze still focused on her lips.

"How come you came home early and didn't inform me?"

"Why? Did I interrupt your tryst with your helper'?"

She looked at him seriously, waiting for his real answer.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, looking rueful, "I remembered today is Maa's birthday."

"Today is her birthday?" Jeevika felt awful, "I didn't know!"

"She never tells anybody," Viren replied, "She doesn't like celebrating it...because it is the same day Papa died."

"Oh," she covered his hand with hers, understanding her mother-in-law's silence and her sadness.

"So, every year, since we were little, Virat and I would bake a cake for her and take it up to her room. At first we asked the servants for help, but now, we manage it by ourselves," he looked rather proud of himself.

"Arrey wah, you're a chef and you never told me?" Jeevika smiled up at him.

"Oh, no...I can only bake a simple cake. Leken, Virat is out shopping with Maya, I think he forgot too. I tried calling him, but his phone was switched off. So I guess, I'll make it by myself," he appeared troubled; he'd never been comfortable with the idea of Virat's relationship with Maya.

"By yourself? I don't think so. I'm here, aren't I?"

"You'll help me?" he looked delighted.

"Of course! Chal, let's get started...leken, Virenji...I have a confession to make," she said, averting his eyes.

"Kya? About your helper'?" he teased.

"Nahi...I'm terrible at baking cakes..."

"Kya? Meri biwi, the Masterchef?" he exclaimed in pretended shock.

"Haan, I always do something wrong when I make cakes. Manvi has always been the expert in that department."

"Well, don't worry, Mrs. Vadhera, main hoon na," he said confidently, "I will teach you how to make a cake!" She laughed and watched as her husband, who normally never stepped inside a kitchen unless it was absolutely necessary, grabbed a bowl from the cupboard, along with flour, cornstarch, baking powder, milk, eggs and other ingredients.

"Where is the ground cinnamon kept?" he asked.

She retrieved it for him, asking curiously, "What kind of cake are we making?"

"Spice cake. Maa's favourite. Here, I'll tell you how much of each ingredient to put in the bowl. Two and a half cups of flour..." he watched over her, as she listened closely to his instructions. When they'd finished, he whisked the batter and told her to grease the metal pan. She smiled to herself as she did so; her husband was full of surprises. Who would have thought he would teach her how to make a cake?

He scooped up some of the batter with a spoon and tasted it, expressionlessly. "Is it okay?" she asked, certain that she had done something wrong.

He held the spoon to her lips and she tasted it as well. A slow smile spread across her face, "It's good!"

"Haan, and you made it!"

"With your supervision."

"Granted, you may never become as great a cook as me..." he grinned.

She laughed at him, and went to pour the batter into the tray. Viren's arms came around her, emptying the remainder of the batter that stuck to the bowl into the tray, "You know, Maa is lucky to have a daughter-in-law like you."

"I am lucky to have her," she responded.

"Aur mein?"

"I am the luckiest woman in the world to have you as a husband," she responded, smilingly.

"And your helper?" he returned.

"Ah...Virenji, I have another confession to make," she admitted sadly.

"Haan ji?" he waited.

"My helper...he had some bad intentions, earlier...he asked me to kiss him."

Viren raised his eyebrows at her, coming closer. "And did you kiss him?"

"I was going to, but you came home," she said, looking down.

"Acha...well, I must give you a punishment, then."

"What punishment?" she asked, knowing perfectly well what her mischievous husband had in mind.

But he surprised her, touching his finger to her nose. She was confused at first and then she realized he'd dabbed cake batter on her nose. "Virenji!"

He looked innocently back at her, "Kya?"

She put her hand behind her, looking for a weapon to use against him and found it in the open bag of flour. Taking a pinch between her fingers, she brought her hand back, as though to wipe her nose, then quickly reached forward to brush her fingers across Viren's cheek.

He looked as surprised as she had felt, but soon recovered, murmuring with a wicked glint in his eyes, "Mrs. Vadhera, you have no idea what you have gotten yourself into..."

She hadn't realized his hand was covered in the sticky, sweet batter, until he pulled her back towards him tightly by her wrist and wiped his hand across her cheek, not letting her go despite her giggling struggle to free herself. She threw another handful of flour at his chest, whitening his pristine yellow shirt and tried to escape, but he grabbed her by the waist from behind, letting the flour sully her churidaar in return, laughing at their antics.

"Virenji!" she gasped, still laughing, "Virenji, we need to clean this up."

He released her reluctantly, shaking out the stray flour from his hair, "Yes, you're right, we should." He retrieved two small towels and wet them in the sink, tossing one at her. They cleaned the floor and the countertops, still smiling at their secret mischief that the rest of the family would never know of. Certainly Vanshika would not suspect exactly how much effort went into the creation of her birthday cake that year.

Jeevika put away the ingredients while Viren washed the flour from his arms and face. "Come here, you still have cake batter on your face," he told her, smiling at the sticky brown stain on her skin that she had been unaware of.

He pulled her towards him and wiped off the batter gently with such sweet, tender precision that she blushed, lowering her eyes.

Seeing her reaction, he moved her in front of him, murmuring, "You have flour on your arms." Putting his hands under the water again, he swept them down her arms slowly, delicately, until he reached her hands, which he held under the water, playing with her soft, slender fingers and the gold wedding ring that gleamed on her left hand. His pulse raced at her closeness, her warmth and this lovely intimacy of being alone. They hadn't been alone together in so long, since their honeymoon. He remembered how he almost kissed her in the kitchen a couple days ago, but one of the servants had walked in.

She was sure he could hear her heartbeat racing, it seemed almost strident to her, as he ran his hands along her arms and fingers in the cool water, his feather-light touches sending a spark through her entire body. "There's flour on your neck," he breathed, his voice no longer able to carry his words, his breath warm against her skin. She felt his wet finger trace a pattern across her skin, down her neck, across her collarbone and her eyes closed as she felt the gentle press of his lips at the point where her neck met shoulder, felt his mouth graze a path up her neck to her ear, where she could hear his shuddering breaths; he was as unsteady as she. A kiss at her temple, her cheek, down her jaw line, her hands still clasped by one of his in the cool, running water, his other slowly running up her waist.

He twisted her around to face him, her dripping hands fisted in the collar of his shirt in her surprise and he ran his knuckles across her cheek, tilting her chin upwards, leaning in closer to find more traces of flour, real or imaginary...

A shrill, piercing sound split the air and they both jumped, blushing. He checked his phone with shaky fingers. It was Virat. Perfect timing, as always. Almost as bad as having a servant walk in on them.

"Hello."

"Hey, bhai! You forgot Maa's birthday!"

"No, I didn't-"

"I'm going to get her a birthday gift with Maya, will you be okay with making the cake?"

"I already-"

"My phone is low on battery, so I have to go. See you later!" he hung up.

Viren wearily put his phone back into his pocket. "Was that Virat?" Jeevika asked him, self-consciously brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Yes, he's going to get Maa a gift with Maya," his tone must have betrayed his irritation because Jeevika responded gently, "Virenji, I know you don't like her, but she and Virat are in love. Please, give her a chance."

What could he do? He couldn't be happy that Virat was marrying the girl who had at first rejected him, leading to years of heartbreak and bitterness. That bitterness had finally left him when he met Manvi and Viren couldn't have helped but hope...oh well, what was done, was done.

"Virenji, what are you thinking about?" Jeevika interrupted his thoughts.

"Kuch nahi, just about Virat and Maya. Maybe, I've judged her too harshly."

Jeevika smiled back at him, "Just give her a chance." Her sweet innocence always managed to soften his worst mood.

"You're probably right, as always," he circled her waist with his arms again, touching his forehead to hers, "Jeevika?"

"Haan?"

"I have a confession to make, as well."

"Kya?"

"I love you."

Edited by KryanVirikaLuv - 29 December 2014 at 9:44pm

The following 34 member(s) liked the above post:

sugar01KDKTloverkdtkdtkdt2shruticoolkrystle_21kryanianVirika765MehtaAnkitajanki6464SimarpreetmVinalJainBeryl15amnisuju143Nimishrrkomal793kryanvirika05wal43KewlDudevirika-23lovefksweet_aayushiMyKryanvirikamalihaayl123mariarauf48Nishtha.Relan-Charu-sushmakryan-Aaliya.KryAn-pinky.paddamillee18cuteariyaKays94

millee18 IF-Sizzlerz
millee18
millee18

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
such a Cute and Adorable os ! 
Loved the way u filled this scene into the show ! 
do write more ! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KryanVirikaLuv

Kays94 IF-Stunnerz
Kays94
Kays94

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
that was a beautifull OS
love the way you connect old Virika scenes and personalize it with your own ideas
you truly keep the essence of Virika alive and touch the readers
please do start an FF soon Heart 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KryanVirikaLuv

virika-23 Senior Member
virika-23
virika-23

Posted: 29 December 2014 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
awesome update
loved this scene very much
loved the whole update
loved virika scene