Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lipstickqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: -Sush-

this is definitely an intriguing show and Sahir is the the epitome of "grey" - I've never seen a lead quite like him.  But I am glad that for whatever reason he tells Arzoo the truth; she deserves that much at least.  

Leesan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
By Habs:" I have actually never believed Sahir is "in love" with Arzoo; I think as Sush mentioned he's attracted to her but how can you be "in love" with someone who you believe to be a duplicitious gold digger? He's never really trusted her and with love comes trust.  Lust is not love and I think as viewers we sometimes confuse the two; probably because the creators want us to.  LOL"

Leesan: Indra ðŸ¤— long time girl!  Good to see you ,hope all is well!  

Have to say I agree with your above comment completely. I think Sahir is definitely attracted to Arzoo, and harbors feelings that he's unsure about and definitely tries to resist at times, but love? Not yet,not quite ! And it's not about the trust issue so much, love and absolute trust don't always go hand in hand . From my pov it's the duplicitous behavior on his part, the plotting and planning, the lying and fooling..knowing full well that it's going to hurt and humiliate that person so badly! Devastating actually!  Especially to a person that has been hurt so terribly before. The rejection will be so difficult to witness. You can hurt someone you love but when it's premeditated and deliberate then that supposed love comes into serious question. Yes he felt guilt, may even have had second thoughts but went through with it  anyway.And all for the deal of the century , to prove a point ? Hmmm, love , if it exists at all, has taken a back seat in this scenario. Lets see how it all plays out .

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
@Sush I feel that what he said in the precap was also a bit of a defense mechanism combined with the lack of trust. He is afraid her rejecting him after the marital status is out. So he rejected her himself. He said something really nasty to her to push her away before she can say anything to him. I dont think he actually believes it at this point. But I agree he is one of the most grey heroes ever showed on television not to mention complex. It is bad thing to do no mater what though.
Edited by redviolet - 9 years ago
-Sush- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: redviolet

@Sush I feel that what he said in the precap was also a bit of a defense mechanism combined with the lack of trust. He is afraid her rejecting him after the marital status is out. So he rejected her himself. He said something really nasty to her to push her away before she can say anything to him. I dont think he actually believes it at this point. But I agree he is one of the most grey heroes ever showed on television not to mention complex. It is bad thing to do no mater what though.

Hi Red,
I too think there is something more that met the eye in that precap...really curious to see how they play it...what you said could be a definite possibility...

On the other hand ...Shweta said that LM is not directing any more,,,😕 
That means some slips I have noticed in characterization have been present with the present director...not sure how well he will pull this off...showing the intricacies...
Edited by -Sush- - 9 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Sush-

Hi Red,
I too think there is something more that met the eye in that precap...really curious to see how they play it...what you said could be a definite possibility...

That means some slips I have noticed in characterization have been present with the present director...not sure how well he will pull this off...showing the intricacies...

She said he hasnt been present the past two weeks! No wonder I have not enjoyed a single episode in the past two weeks! Yes change of directors is def not good for character consistency among other issues. Why couldnt they keep LM? Too expensive for a show with low trps?
Lipstickqueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: Leesan

By Habs:" I have actually never believed Sahir is "in love" with Arzoo; I think as Sush mentioned he's attracted to her but how can you be "in love" with someone who you believe to be a duplicitious gold digger? He's never really trusted her and with love comes trust.  Lust is not love and I think as viewers we sometimes confuse the two; probably because the creators want us to.  LOL"

Leesan: Indra ðŸ¤— long time girl!  Good to see you ,hope all is well!  

Have to say I agree with your above comment completely. I think Sahir is definitely attracted to Arzoo, and harbors feelings that he's unsure about and definitely tries to resist at times, but love? Not yet,not quite ! And it's not about the trust issue so much, love and absolute trust don't always go hand in hand . From my pov it's the duplicitous behavior on his part, the plotting and planning, the lying and fooling..knowing full well that it's going to hurt and humiliate that person so badly! Devastating actually!  Especially to a person that has been hurt so terribly before. The rejection will be so difficult to witness. You can hurt someone you love but when it's premeditated and deliberate then that supposed love comes into serious question. Yes he felt guilt, may even have had second thoughts but went through with it  anyway.And all for the deal of the century , to prove a point ? Hmmm, love , if it exists at all, has taken a back seat in this scenario. Lets see how it all plays out .

🤗  So nice to see you! - I am well thanks. I'm off for a week from work so being a complete bum 😛  The weather has been cold so no desire to get outside and the malls - holy smokes talk about cray, cray!  How are you?

I find the show intriguing and not the norm which holds my attention.  I agree with what you have written about.  You can't plot against someone you claim to love.  

I think he will eventually fall in love with her but by then the damage will have been done.  Dude has a long way to go for redemption.  

So glad you are watching.  Always nice to see the "old gang" - 

indranigupta thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
First thing first, it is a great post.
Yesterday's episode had few things that is required to be understood:
1) Why didnt Alvira reveal the duplicitious behaviour of Zeenat to Zaki? She played with Zaki's love for his elder brother's lonely life for the past seven years  but the promise was not once mentioned. 
2) After even employing Alvira for his help, why did Saahir go on to reveal the truth himself? Is it now because he realized that he loves her truly, and true love means to set free. 
I for one will not believe Saahir that did all this to set her free, but is merely another stage of his plan. A person who could go on to endanger an innocent girl's life mortally for the sake of a promise, in spite of his realization if nothing else, that this girl didn't deserve this, Saahir is treading on dangerous grounds.
3) Yesterday, had only one important line when Zaki blamed Alvira of being a part of Saahir's conspiracy. Is Alvira working alone or together with Saahir?
I am pretty confused, but yeah, Harshad is doing a fab job of the greyest protagonist on screen.
Lipstickqueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: redviolet

Hi Red,

She said he hasnt been present the past two weeks! No wonder I have not enjoyed a single episode in the past two weeks! Yes change of directors is def not good for character consistency among other issues. Why couldnt they keep LM? Too expensive for a show with low trps?

I think LM works for 4 Lions exclusively so maybe it's not money so much as the development of another show  . . . the one for Star Plus.   They are back on Star after a couple of years away and I'm sure SP wants 4 Lions best and anyone who saw IPK knows what LM can do. . .
Edited by habs - 9 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
@habs oh ok! They will def give the star show priority as it get them the most visibility!

Edited by redviolet - 9 years ago
-Fedex- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Sush! Hope your enjoying the holidays. I haven't been able to post lately. I do try to read your posts everyday. My 13 month old toddler is not a good sleeper. Sigh. She wakes up so much at night. Hoping now that she is walking a little she will sleep more (yeah right!!)

A very apt title to the post. Amazing collages Shweta as usual!
I know most people are not going to like what I say but the reason why the show is not gaining on the TRP chart is because people are not connecting to the show. My own MIL (mother in law) is not watching this show because she asked me one question - is the guy married and where is the wife. The story is not clear to her. She maybe living abroad but like every other woman she is still very conservative in her thoughts and rightly so. To spend time with her I watch the Sisters show with her and sometimes DABH because she connects to it. If I miss an episode she will tell me what happens! But she refuses to watch HS because she cannot stomach a married man falling for another woman without understanding the back story. To her, the wife is still partially alive and the backstory hasn't come to the forefront yet.

Coming to the episode, I agree with you that Sahir's character is turning really dark. The line is thinning between morality and immorality. He has put a girl's life in danger, the one he claims to love. Zaki has turned out to be the saving grace. He is right, doesn't matter if she loves him back but its his duty to tell her and then Arzoo can decide what she wants.

In my opinion, Alvira is as dark as Sahir is. Why as a woman would you hide such a big thing from another woman whom you have chosen to marry your son who is already married! She may have good intentions behind it but it doesn't make it morally right.