Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Somewhere Over the Rainbow # 4 (Members Only) (Page 109)

Avyakta IF-Dazzler
Avyakta
Avyakta

Posted: 15 April 2015 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Happy New Year, Shubho Nabho Borsho, Poila Baisakhi, Happy Ugadi and Bihu to all my friends  who are  celebrating today .Smile
Have a nice time my dear Rainbow friends !Hug
Thank you Madhuri ,for these beautiful greetings and good wishes .
My dear Seetha's Sneha , love your collage most .Clap See her enchanting smile , definitely our coming days will be bright after watching her beautiful smile !

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vibrajSneha...LoveNehageet.

Sneha...Love IF-Sizzlerz
Sneha...Love
Sneha...Love

Posted: 15 April 2015 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Avyakta

Seetha's Sneha , seems this is a historical monument !Day Dreaming
Those creepers slipping from the high walls ,as if recollecting past incidents while touching the floor , as if whispering some forgotten stories to the wind and to express solidarity with those long standing trees ,  a part of their remembrance of historic times and  cultural heritage,  , combined with ever changing nature , standing with those trees ,which are famous symbols of ancient civilizations.ClapSo realistic , a feeling , as if i am walking on that fallen leaves filled pathway , a cracking  sound while walking on those dry leaves , so mystical , unable to explain ---
Thank you very   much Hug . 

My dear Avi Hug, sorry to reply so late Embarrassed

You are so right, this little church is a historical monument. It was mentioned to exist in 1521, so, it has a long history. The name of this beautiful church is Ruzica (small rose). It is located in the center of the city, inside the old Kalemegdan Fortress...those stone tower that you can see behind, is a part of a stone walls that were going all around the old city of Belgrade (for its protection)...Singidunum, so you are right, that little church witnessed a lots of history's events, and could tell a lot of storries...Love your way of describing that picture and those feelings it awakes in you. I love to go there, there is such a peace and serenity that I feel, whenever I visit that little church. Love Kalemegdan Park as well...it is such a beautiful place, and you can sit there on benches and watch two rivers, Dunav & Sava  that meet each other...Smile

Ruica church, Belgrade, Serbia.jpg

Ruzica Church (Serbian: , Little Rose Church) is a Serbian Orthodox church located in the Kalemegdan Fortress, in Belgrade, Serbia. A church of the same name existed on the site in the time of Stefan Lazarevic. It was demolished in 1521 by the invading Ottoman Turks. The church was used as a gunpowder magazine in the 18th century, and was converted into a military church between 1867 and 1869. Heavily damaged during the First World War, the church was renovated in 1925.

There is St. Petka's well there, where every 27th of October when it is St.Petka's Day, long lines of women are coming to fetch a water from there, because it is considered blessed. She, St.Petka,was protector of women.

Here is a story about St.Petka, also known as Saint Paraskeva of the Balkans:

The legend says that when she was a child, Paraskeva heard in a church the Lord's words: "Whoever wants to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." (Mark 8, 34). These words would determine her to give her rich clothes away to the poor and flee to Constantinople.[1] Her parents, who did not support her decision to follow an ascetic, religious life, looked for her in various cities. Paraskeva fled to Chalcedon, and afterwards lived at the church of the Most Holy Theotokos in Heraclea Pontica.[1] She lived an austere life, experiencing visions of the Virgin Mary. Her voyages took her to Jerusalem, wishing to spend the rest of her life there. After seeing Jerusalem, she settled in convent in the river Jordanian desert.

When she was 25, an angel appeared, telling her to return to homeland. She returned to Constantinople, and then when she was 25, lived in the village of Kallikrateia, in the church of the Holy Apostles. She died at the age of 27.

Edited by Sneha...Love - 15 April 2015 at 6:04pm

AvyaktavibrajNehageet.

Sneha...Love IF-Sizzlerz
Sneha...Love
Sneha...Love

Posted: 15 April 2015 at 6:31pm | IP Logged
I am reading back pages, thank you all for beautiful Easter wishes.Hug Love you dearly.Heart

Vibha, glad you liked my town.Smile I love it as well.Big smile

It has two rivers, lots of parks and woods, green areas, hills...people who are known for their hospitality, and amazing restaurants and clubs.
Star

Belgrade Downtown  Belgrade

Skadarlija, the city's old bohemian neighbourhood

AvyaktavibrajNehageet.

Sneha...Love IF-Sizzlerz
Sneha...Love
Sneha...Love

Posted: 15 April 2015 at 7:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vibraj

Good morning all!

Branka, lovely collages, thank you!

Helo Vibha Heart, Good Morning to youHug

Big smile

You are most welcome, I am happy that you like my collages.Embarrassed
I am planning to share here in CC my knowledge & experience of collage making, so all of you can practice to do them, and use them to make all the places we visit more colorful and beautiful...
Big smile

Here is a positive thought for today, in colors of rainbow Smile

Remember, move toward the positive, rather than fight the negative. "Hatred of war will not bring peace. Only LOVE of peace will bring about these conditions." ~ "SETH" ~ by Jane Roberts

Here are few Prats collages that  I did before...Smile

AvyaktavibrajNehageet.

Sneha...Love IF-Sizzlerz
Sneha...Love
Sneha...Love

Posted: 15 April 2015 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Snehamadhuri

Good Afternoon my dear Rainbow friends . Have a nice time !
Beautiful collages from our Collage Queen Branka Hug
Vibha , yes, your Madi is always love to roam in the memory lane , for her too, it is a treasure- box, which a longtime back lost its  lock and key , so kept it open for the remaining life time , so that I can search/draw  for inspiration from those memories .SmileHug
Tulsi , happy to see you here and my best wishes to you and the cute baby Krishna !Hug
Branka love this creation , Prats with floral embellishments !Clap

Thank you Madhuri Heart I am happy that you liked my collages Hug

I love the fact that all of us here, we have that treasure box open and all those beautiful memories are free to come out, as and whenever they please, to remind us on those happy times...Smile

Thank you Madhuri, for walking with me down the Memory Line while finishing Prats first FC. That was such a fun. Big smile

So here is one collage from that old, never forgotten, times..
.Smile

AvyaktavibrajNehageet.

Sneha...Love IF-Sizzlerz
Sneha...Love
Sneha...Love

Posted: 15 April 2015 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tulasi14

Branka,beautiful collages and story about the red egg.I never understood,krishna asked me the same question and I will show it to her.The collages are stunning with your love and beautifull messages.Prats is stunning fresh Like a flower with more added beauty with your words and love.
Thanks Vibha it is always good to walk thru the memory lane.
Thankyou Madhuri good to see you and krishna is doing great .My love n hugs to your boys.
The place is colorful with colorful posts,I pray that every ones life filled with all the colors and have a Balance.Love you all and be happyHug
Branka,
Every day is a learning process and thank you for being part of life.
To all my friends thank you for being part of my life.

Hello Tulasi Heart my dear friend Smile You are most welcome
Hug

I am happy that you loved my collages Embarrassed and that explanation about red colored eggs. Thank you for your warm words. Hope Krishna loved that explanation. She is such a smart and curious girl, love her dearly.
Hugs and Kisses for her.
Heart Hug

Here is one of my first collages that I made for Prats BD...

This place is so beautiful and colorful, filled with love and beautiful creations, because all of you add your own emotions and love, and
by doing this, you color this place over the Rainbow with your warmth, your magic, positive vibrations and creativity.
Star

You need to learn the power of thought and emotion... Once you realize that your thoughts form reality, then you are no longer a slave to events. You simply have to learn the methods --Seth via Jane Roberts

Have to go to sleep now, will see you all tomorrow...Good Night Star

Beautiful

AvyaktavibrajNehageet.

vibraj IF-Rockerz
vibraj
vibraj

Posted: 15 April 2015 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
Good morning allHeart

Thank you so much Branka for this treat of your collages and also for sharing the history and legends of this exotic church, so enriching! I love reading stories of the past and felt very happy reading about Saint Paraskeva, thanks, once again!

Avi, loved your expressions regarding the Church, we often feel in life we have visited a place before, possibly Karmic connection!

AvyaktaSneha...LoveNehageet.

Nehageet. IF-Stunnerz
Nehageet.
Nehageet.

Posted: 15 April 2015 at 10:20pm | IP Logged

To all my sid prtyusha friends ...n happy new year..   Hug  Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AvyaktaSneha...Love

Go to top