ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Tabu won a lot of accolades this year for her performance in Haider. The star who has always proven that she is worth her salt as an actress in every film she does, will most certainly be walking away with many awards this year. But we hear that regarding the said awards a controversy has erupted!

A source close to Tabu reveals that the actress is unhappy with the juries' decision to put her in the Best Supporting Actress category and not the Best Actress category. The source says that Tabu feels that she and not Shraddha Kapoor deserves to be nominated for Haider in the Best Actress category. Well, we have seen the Shahid Kapoor film and we could not agree more!

Though technically Shraddha Kapoor was the female protagonist in the film but Tabu sure had the meatier, more significant and pivotal role. The film was centered on Haider's Oedipal relationship with his mother and had it not been for Tabu the film wouldn't have been half as entertaining.

We leave the floor open to debate: Tell us if you think that Tabu should be nominated in the supporting actress category or the lead actress category?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Tabu should be nominated for Best Actress. The film is about Ghazala and Haider. Just because Arshia is Haider's love interest doesn't mean she's the lead. Arshia is a small part of it...she's supporting more than anything else. 
What juries ????

An actor submits in the category of their choice. Tabu can submit in whatever she wants. Atleast thats how most awards work I think πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜ƒ
TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
shraddha is horrible. if anything nominate her for golden kela πŸ˜ˆ
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: KhayaliPulao

shraddha is horrible. if anything nominate her for golden kela πŸ˜ˆ

why golden only kelaπŸ˜†
TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Lighthearted

why golden only kelaπŸ˜†

u seen haider? golden will be better for her πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
tabu was the best actress last year
QueenExpression thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Why would she be pissed at Shraddha, she's not responsible for this lol. And I find this hard to believe..Tabu doesn't seem this immature. She has 2 national award why would she care about these silly awards. 
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Franco

What juries ????

An actor submits in the category of their choice. Tabu can submit in whatever she wants. Atleast thats how most awards work I think πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜ƒ

That's what I thought too.  At least I know that's how it works for Hollywood awards.

It might be her choice, or the marketing team of Haider's, to submit in the supporting category if they feel there is less competition there.  Lead has Kangana, Priyanka, Alia and now possibly Anushka as well.  Supporting category might have talented people but I don't know if they've made enough wave to be a threat to Tabu, especially since popularity also plays a role here.  
KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This is nothing. Next year will be big fight. According to sources, Priyanka and Deepika have almost equal screen-time. Now, should peecee be nominated in best actress category or best supporting ? πŸ˜†