Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

India-Forums

What's wrong in drinking once in a year? (Page 2)

dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 10:35pm | IP Logged

Aren't they too old to get addicted ? I mean it happens at a young age when a man gets carried away. At the age of 40 they will drink day in and day out ?LOL

Problem with the show is that it shows the lifestyle of Mumbai and tries to imply the logic from Gujarat ( No offence intended). Gujarat ,as we all may know, is a dry state where alcoholic products have been banned.

Whether drinking is good or bad should be left for these overgrown senior Tappu sena. If they don't understand themselves no one should poke their noses either.

Edited by dey.bh - 30 December 2014 at 10:38pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Proud-India

chinu1104 Newbie
chinu1104
chinu1104

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pongapandit

Only one time they have been shown drunk in the party during lahoola party when ladies also go for party and get harassed by goons on road. How ironic it is that in 1500+ episodes, only once they have shown drunk
Can anyone please give the link to this episode?
pongapandit Goldie
pongapandit
pongapandit

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
I think that episode date might be around barfi release date as it was before barfi promotion

Edited by pongapandit - 30 December 2014 at 11:47pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CricktFanProud-India

CricktFan Goldie
CricktFan
CricktFan

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 4:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by subha2601

Purush mandal don't have the habit of drinking regularly.None of them are alcoholics so what's wrong if they drink once in a while. Nowadays it's so common to drink in parties.The gents don't want to drink in front of the children. They want to enjoy separately. I feel the ladies should allow them to drink just once in a while.
After all the gents are not alcoholics.And they too need some space. Waise toh they always celebrate all parties together. Ek party agar friends ke saath celebrate karna is not wrong.
I know gents won't be able to succeed in their plan.Somebody will definitely spoil their plans.Poor guys!
Yes You are right but tmok basically shows moral values drinking wine doesnot come in moral values and second reasons is according to me some member of purush mandal may become alcholic after drinking wine first time .
dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 7:19am | IP Logged
At some point people should be allowed to live their own independent life. Moral value is a complicated subject. Drinking is not really a big thing in the metros even for the middle class families. It is now a style statement.Whether right or wrong depends on individual perception and that is what the whole debate is about. Why can't the men decide what they want ?More than that I am terribly exhausted to watch the whole society walk and run in herds like animals.

TMKOC in fact exposes the hypocrisy of Indian mindset. Bhang in Holi is a custom. Gambling during Diwali is a custom. Alcohol during Kali puja is a custom .Yet all of it is against moral values.Either ban each of them or let individuals decide what is right for them.

Same is for the exclusive styled festivals. We all know God rule us yet we tend to pretend to be pure Bhakts by imposing severe restrictions on ourselves which includes impossible mannats and vrats. 

Then our Champak Chacha wants his son to obey his words and respect him but why does he allow Tappu to insult his ffather ? How is that thing funny ? 

Again the Indian tradition says the teacher's position is above the almighty himself yet Tappu has the audacity of cracking jokes on him. 

Our Anjali ji often forgets her husband is a real human being made of flesh and blood. He cannot be told how to live his life. He cannot survive eating raw food all the time. More than that he is an individual with his own identity. Can he not survive one minute without you madam ji ?

Daya is devi alright but how much blind can someone be ? What Jetha loses is some money but what Sundar loses is his self respect if he has one. Her interference and encouragement is the biggest barrier in stabilizing her brother's career. How long will this ' Plaz de dijiye na' go on. The Gada business will be handed over to her son at some point of time. What will her brother do then ? Live on his nephew's alms ? This too much love is anything but ethical.

In the whole series the women has been given an upper hand for almost all tracks. The women are never wrong or they never make a mistake and even when they do they solve it their own way. While I appreciate the celebration of womanhood in the show I am annoyed how all the mistakes of the male members are highlighted even in front of their children. Asking for help from your spouse don't make you a weak soul but it brings you more close to life.Equality means sharing life and not dancing together in functions only.

Edited by dey.bh - 31 December 2014 at 7:20am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CricktFanpongapanditProud-India

-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Times have changed.
Nowadays drinking occasionally is ok.
Drinking regularly is bad.
dey.bh IF-Rockerz
dey.bh
dey.bh

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by subha2601

Times have changed.
Nowadays drinking occasionally is ok.
Drinking regularly is bad.
Subha you can't say that for sure. In some families even smoking is not allowed. In fact my ffamily is an orthodox brahmin family.
Various religions like Islam, Buddhism and Jainism discourages alcohol consumption. Various cultures in India also doesn't take drinking as a good habit.Gujarat in fact is a dry state where the govt has banned alcohol.

My point is not if alcohol is good or bad. My point is why can't the men decide it for themselves.Why Champak has to poke his nose everywhere ? Its the school boy attitude of these men that annoys me

Proud-India

-Tulips- IF-Sizzlerz
-Tulips-
-Tulips-

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 31 December 2014 at 11:19am | IP Logged

I agree with u debi.

I really don't understand why this serial promotes men to be controlled and children to be left free.Men are asked every single minute thing but the so called children are never asked from where did they get so much money during the Ganesh Chaturthi,not even by champak.
It's the children who have bigger chances to go  in the wrong path than these grown up men.

Proud-India

Go to top