Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Awesome Toddlers 14(IO) Eye for an EYE. (Page 96)

Padfoot_Prongs IF-Sizzlerz
Padfoot_Prongs
Padfoot_Prongs

Posted: 22 March 2015 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
oye kaha h sab?? come back people. mai yaha akeli bhajan karti rahti hu.

BTW i m not allowed on IF at home. so i will be on FB and WA till sunday. Tongue

me and my bro had a bet. LOL

Padfoot_Prongs
Padfoot_Prongs

Posted: 22 March 2015 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
hey gals- here is an editorial written in 1931 after 23rd march execution- posting it. 

A grave blunder

On the 84th anniversary of the execution of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru in Lahore, we reproduce our Editorial from the issue dated March 24, 1931

The news of the execution of Bhagat Singh and his two comrades, accused in what is known as the Lahore Conspiracy Case, will come upon the public as a rude shock. For, although the petition for mercy made on their behalf had been rejected by the Viceroy, applications had been made before the High Court with a view to get a judicial pronouncement on the legality of the Local Government's attempts to carry out the sentence on the prisoners in spite of the fact that the Court which, in the opinion of Counsel for the prisoners, was the only one competent to issue the death warrant, had ceased to exist. The issue raised by Counsel was obviously so complicated and the arrangements made on behalf of the prisoners to get the verdict of the highest tribunal available so advanced that the public felt that for some time at any rate...the execution could not come off and...there was still hope of the prisoners being saved from the extreme penalty of the law. That the Government had every need to proceed with caution will be evident if one recalls the extraordinary circumstances connected with the trial of the accused.

The accused were put up for trial before a Special Magistrate twenty months ago for the offence of conspiracy to wage war against the King by murder, dacoity, manufacture and use of bombs and other methods and, so far as Bhagat Singh was concerned, of having murdered a police officer, Mr. Saunders of Lahore. Subsequently, on the ground that the police ill-treated them, the accused refused to appear in Court... the Lahore High Court... refused to be a party to dispensing with the committed proceedings ...the case was withdrawn from the jurisdiction of the ordinary courts, placed before a special tribunal and provision was made for the trial of the accused in their absence. In spite of these extraordinary arrangements, the accused attended the court of the special tribunal for a few days, but following an incident the police handcuffed them and indulged in a lathi charge in the court premises " proceedings which moved one of the judges of the tribunal openly to express his disgust at the police action.

The accused thereafter refused to attend the court and the trial was proceeded with in their absence. The trial went on in their absence without any counsel representing them; without any cross examination of the approvers and without testing the evidence of other witnesses. Nor should it be forgotten that two of the seven approvers subsequently retracted their earlier story. To carry out a sentence of death passed as the result of a trial in such extraordinary circumstances will have been in any case to incur a very grave responsibility. But in this case the additional point had been raised that there was legally no authority competent to give effect to the sentence... By the indecent haste with which they have proceeded in the matter they have defied public opinion and exasperated it in a manner that it is difficult to envisage the gravity of the reactions in this country to their latest blunder. As Gandhiji says, the Government "have lost a golden opportunity of winning over the revolutionary party. It as their clear duty, in view of the settlement, at least to suspend indefinitely the execution. By their action they have put a severe strain upon the settlement and once more proved their capacity for flouting public opinion".

Padfoot_Prongs
Padfoot_Prongs

Posted: 22 March 2015 at 10:30pm | IP Logged

Let's talk about it. Period

March 22, 2015, 6:03 am IST Twinkle Khanna in Mrs Funnybones | India | TOI

Last month ... 10 am: It is Valentine's Day and I have promptly informed the man of the house that it would be rather nice if he came home in the evening with a substantial gift and a bunch of white flowers. After 14 years of matrimony, I have discovered that hoping your other half telepathically reads your mind only leads to someone wanting to punch the other one in the face.

11.15 am: Trying to work from home today, I find myself sipping coffee and wasting time on Twitter, where two minutes magically stretch to 20 minutes in a second. Interstellar beat that!

1.30 pm: My desi Jeeves walks in carrying a brown plastic bag with a few parcels neatly wrapped up in newspaper and leaves them on my desk. I guess the man of the house has really outdone himself this year and sent presents even before his arrival.

I hastily open the packages only to find two packets of sanitary napkins and a bill for Rs 620. Apparently the local baniya has delivered all the monthly staples today, and this is my share of the loot.

Point to be noted, milord: Why are sanitary napkins treated like radioactive isotopes? They are wrapped in layers of plastic and newspaper, then someone ties a string over this mysterious package and then it's put in a bag of its own " separate from any vegetables or cereal boxes that it may contaminate by its very presence.

Is it the fact that men will see a corner of this packet and read Whisper with wings' and collapse with empathy at the thought of the agony we go through every month? Or is this biological function which, in fact, enables us to give birth to specimens like them, still considered sort of unclean by mankind?

I remember a few of my school friends from conservative backgrounds telling me stories about being made to stay in isolated rooms with plates of food being left outside their door during that time of the month' as they were considered impure for that duration.

Myths about menstruation have always been part of society and not just in India. In ancient Rome, Pliny the Elder wrote in Natural History that dogs who tasted menstrual blood turned rabid; mares miscarried and corn in the fields withered when menstruating women were around. In Europe, it was believed that menstruating women could spoil jam and turn wine to vinegar with their touch.

The last nail in our coffin was provided in 1919 by Professor Schick, who cooked up the concept of menotoxin'. He propounded a preposterous theory that a woman's menstrual flow contains a poison, menotoxin', that was responsible for everything " from roses wilting to bread not rising.

Even today, menstruation is seen as dirty or unholy. My cousin once told me about having to go to a Mata Ki Chowki on the same day that she got what she calls the monthly curse'.

Her mother protested but my cousin insisted on going along. When they reached the venue, the dupatta on the idol suddenly fell on the diya and burst into flames. My aunt caught her daughter by the ear and dragged her back home, screaming all the way that defying the period taboo led to this calamity. My cousin's protests that a gust of wind that blew in through the open window was more likely to be the culprit was countered with another bout of religious jargon.

Well, if God disapproves of this fluid then he should disapprove of all body fluids. So when pundits are doing yagnas and sweating copiously in front of the holy fire, shouldn't they also occasionally get burnt to a crisp by divine cosmic forces?

Menstruating doesn't cause pickles to spoil, temples to collapse or food to rot nor is it contagious, though it would be rather nice to infect the male population with this socalled curse' for a month or two, just to sit back and view what I am sure would be a highly entertaining spectacle.

At the very worst, menstruating is slightly uncomfortable, sometimes painful and one of the most natural functions of the human body.

But we ourselves stash our sanitary napkins in secret places, are embarrassed when one falls out of our purse by accident and sort of tip-toe around the whole issue instead of being proud of our miraculous bodies that go on optimistically churning out eggs, month after month for decades.

Err ... some of you that carry the XY chromosomes in your gene code may have found this theme rather disturbing. Could you please tuck your tail between your legs and go back to watching 11 men running around with a bat and a ball while we decide to stop whispering with wings' or whispering at all and yell and scream about this being a vital part of our biology that, in fact, just happens to save our entire species from extinction?

Padfoot_Prongs
Padfoot_Prongs

Posted: 27 March 2015 at 12:13am | IP Logged
kaha gaye sab. yaha bhi koi comment kar diya karo. Unhappy
Khaleesi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Khaleesi_
Khaleesi_

Posted: 29 March 2015 at 8:55am | IP Logged
helooLOL kaise ho sab logTongue
Made watermelon frizz today Big smile turned out wonderful Big smile
Padfoot_Prongs
Padfoot_Prongs

Posted: 29 March 2015 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Patronus-

ye kya h??? recipe please.
Khaleesi_ IF-Sizzlerz
Khaleesi_
Khaleesi_

Posted: 29 March 2015 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MissBahanji

watermelon ko deseed karna... Phir blender me watermelon sugar lemon juice ko blend Mario ache se... seive karna... Phir soda water/7up 1cup dalna or as required, Bas keep in mind k melon k taste ko overlap na kare.. Mix well n serve!Big smile
we can add vodka too.. Par tu drink nhi karti so you can omit itLOL

Edited by -Patronus- - 29 March 2015 at 11:21am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Padfoot_Prongs

Padfoot_Prongs
Padfoot_Prongs

Posted: 29 March 2015 at 9:43pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by MissBahanji

watermelon ko deseed karna... Phir blender me watermelon sugar lemon juice ko blend Mario ache se... seive karna... Phir soda water/7up 1cup dalna or as required, Bas keep in mind k melon k taste ko overlap na kare.. Mix well n serve!Big smile
we can add vodka too.. Par tu drink nhi karti so you can omit itLOL
nice. will try it. Big smile
Gud morning. 

Srikanth and saina won Indian open single titles. ClapClap

Go to top