Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Imposter posing as ex-Pakistan cricketer appears on BBC as expert

An imposter posing as a former Pakistani cricketer has duped the BBC into paying him to appear as an expert on cricket shows and even took part in a discussion involving ex-Indian batsman Aakash Chopra.

Nadeem Alam posed as ex-batsman Nadeem Abbasi to give his "expert" opinion on BBC World News, BBC Asian Network and Radio Five Live, despite only ever playing cricket for his home town of Huddersfield.

He even took part in a discussion with former Indian batsman Aakash Chopra, who is now retired and regularly appears on cricket chat shows for expert comments.

Abbasi, furious about the fraudster's deceit, has decried the BBC for failing to check its facts.

"If I ever find Nadeem Alam, I will punch him in the face for damaging the country's reputation. TheBBC is a big institution and surely they must check?" he told The Sun.

Abbasi, a wicket-keeper batsman, played in three Tests for Pakistan in 1989.

The 46-year-old, who now coaches a team in Rawalpindi, said that his only media appearance was on Pakistani television during the World Cup in 1996.

Abbasi's Wikipedia page was also tricked by Alam's actions, with part of his biography reading: "Abbasi is now a freelance journalist and appears regularly on the BBC Asian Network and Radio Five Live."

Alam, however, told the daily that he is "no longer pretending to be Nadeem Abbasi."

"I like to think I have been talking good cricket," he said.

The BBC has apologised and launched an inquiry.

"We apologise to the real Mr. Abbasi and we will be looking seriously into what has happened," a BBCspokesman said.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

Former Maldives President Nasheed jailed for 13 years

Former Maldivian President Mohamed Nasheed was convicted and sentenced to 13 years in prison after a quick and disputed trial for allegedly ordering a senior judge arrested while in office.

A three-judge panel ruled on Friday that Nasheed, the country's first democratically elected President, issued an illegal order to detain the judge in 2012.

Nasheed has denied ordering the arrest. His supporters said the charges are aimed at eliminating him as a challenger against incumbent President Yameen Abdul Gayoom in the 2018 presidential election.

Nasheed's lawyers pulled out in the middle of the trial, accusing the court of rushing the hearings and not allowing them enough time to prepare for defence.

this is so sad. he is one of the best democratic leader in tat country. 

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

Virat Kohli has openly praised his ladylove Anushka Sharma's performance in her debut film production "NH10", saying that he is "blown away".

"Just watched #NH10 and I am blown away. What a brilliant film and specially an outstanding performance by my love @AnushkaSharma. SO PROUD:)," Kohli, who is currently busy with the Cricket World Cup, tweeted Tuesday.

Earlier, the duo used to keep their relationship under wraps, but now it seems they are warming up to the idea of going public about their being together.

Kohli's love in open. 

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
oye sanju ko is thread ke baare me pata h kya?? bus hum teen hi spam karte rahte h yaha. 
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

First look of 'Jazbaa' out in April

jazbaa movie poster

Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta will release the first look of his action film "Jazbaa", Aishwarya Rai's comeback film, in April this year.

The director, who has shifted all his focus to the film and is gung ho about the project, took to Twitter to share the details.

"@Satyen17: @_SanjayGupta when do v get to c Jazbaa 1st look ? IN APRIL (sic)," he tweeted.

The film also features Irrfan KhanAnupam KherAtul KulkarniChandan Roy Sanyal andShabana Azmi.

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Originally posted by: Flawed-Beauty

Peeka Poo Booh 😆

new name. i will be changing my ID with my color. 😛
hopefully next week.

I need 140 more.
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
ye DP kiski h??? HR and??? 
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

Rashmi Sharma Telefilms' Sasural Simar Ka on Colors, is bringing various twist and turns to keep the viewers glued to the show. The show has succeed in garnering the attention of the masses for its interesting storyline.

While the drama around Ichadhari Naagin (Sara Khan) is becoming a high point for the show,  where the entire Bharadwaj family is trying hard to get rid of her.

Now in the upcoming episode, a high voltage drama awaits for the viewers revolving around Icchadhari Nagin.

Our source informs us, "Ichadhari Nagin will challenge to get Siddhant with her within 24 hours. To save Siddhant (Manish Raisinghan) the Bharadwaj family will perform a havan to keep Nagin away from him. But after a lot of attempts she will succeed in taking Siddhant along with her and that time the Maharaj will ask Roli (Avika Gor) and Prem (Dheeraj Dhoopar) to get a Trishul from khandar."

"On the other hand, Nagin will tie Sid in a factory. She will also try to stop Roli and Prem from getting a Trishul but however, they will get a trishul. After that, there will be a fight sequence between Roli and Nagin, at that time Sid will reach at the place and will hit himself with that Trishul to save Roli from Naagin," ends the source.

Quite an interesting drama!

To know more keep reading this space!

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

Rashmi Sharma Telefilms' Saath Nibhana Sathiya on Star Plus, has taken a leap and post leap more twists and turns are making viewers engrossed with its episodes.

As per the ongoing track, Gopi (Devoleena Bhattacharjee) has confronted Ahem and is trying to bring back her family together but all her efforts are going in vain. She even tries to convince Vidya (Sonam Lamba) and Meera (Tanya Sharma) but even they deny and instead they insult her.

More drama waits for the viewers - 

Our source says, "Gopi will tell Ahem that she knows that he still loves her. Thus, to prove Gopi wrong, Ahem will decide to get engaged to Mansi and to make things clear to Ahem will invite Gopi and Jigar (Vishal Singh) for his engagement ceremony."

"Gopi will be stunned but then she will decide to attend the ceremony. At the ceremony Meera get furious and insult Gopi and Jigar. She will ask Gopi and Jigar to leave the engagement but instead leaving Gopi will teach a lesson to Meera for misbehaving," adds the source.

"Meera will get irritated and will leave. So, Mansi will confront Gopi and tell her to forget Ahem as he doesn't love her. She will also suggest Gopi to leave Mumbai and start her new life and let them live in peace. But Gopi will back answer to Mansi which will annoy her. Later, Kokila (Rupal Patel) will also come in the ceremony to stop the engagement and convince Ahem that Gopi is right and make him realize about her sacrifices for their family." ends the source.

Will Ahem get convinced and accept Gopi again?

To know more keep reading the space!

I wish i cud kill this Rashmi lady. her all serials are Bull shit. 

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Trish tere liye

Ganga on a Nirjal Vrat on & TV's Gangaa!

An interesting sequence to come up on & TV's Gangaa...

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 | 6:00:12 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 
 1 Comments | 296 Views | Copyright: India-forums.com/TellyBuzz

Sphere Origins' Ganga on & TV,  is gaining appreciations for its concept and the performance of the star cast. 

As per the ongoing track, Ganga (Ruhana Khanna) is not able to live her life as per her wish as Dadi (Sushmita Mukherjee) is imposing restrictions on her every move.

Let's see what will happen next -

As per our source, "Ganga will be playing blind and buff with Sagar and Prabha Mami's kid where she will be blind folded. Thus, she will by mistake hit a kalash which will make Dadi very angry on her. Sudha Bua will scold her and tell her that she is liable to get punished for her mistake and dadi will give her decision that Ganga will have to go with her forever. This will make Ganga worried because if Dadi takes her, she will always restrict herself from all the fun. So, she will deny from going with Dadi for which they will punish her that she won't be served food to eat. Hence, Ganga will challenge everyone that she can starve and survive and will take Nirjal Vrat. Later, after starving for a long time she will faint and fall."

Will Ganga go with Dadi to spend rest of her life?

To know more keep reading this space!