Frequent Posters

abhigya2003 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Did you ever think about writing a sequel๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜›
advena thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This is probably the first piece of writing on this particular forum I have truly enjoyed. It reminds me of some of the authors on the IPK forum, great flow, the descriptions were wonderful, the self monologue was engrossing and it left me wanting more. Do PM if you update please. 
putturani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: simsim25

Yay!! A great start to undoubtedly an amazing story! Cannot wait for more!! This was fab!!

Thanks Simsim! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
This content was originally posted by: -mina-

rani!!!! so so so so so so good! i am so excited!! love pragya getting back in her career and reconnecting with the bossest version of herself. and oh how i feel for her not-quite healed soul. amazing recap of the almost-year apart and of all the emotional complications between them. and the setting!! hello!! i am so intrigued!! more now please now now now!! hayeee!

thanks for a fantastic read :D

Thank you Mina! I was hoping the heartbreak part would be realistic. And thank you for listening to all my musings about this FF. ๐Ÿค—
This content was originally posted by: MsTiara

AMAZING! Great start! ๐Ÿ‘

PLEASE update soon! 

Thanks yaar! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
This content was originally posted by: rosetreasures

That's a nice start...look forward to reading how this unfolds!

Thanks Rose! (can I call you that?)๐Ÿ˜Š
This content was originally posted by: sudanindia2014

I loved it so much.. can not wait to see Abhi after 10 months separation
so please give us the the update this year ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Thanks Nuha! Sorry I couldn't do that ๐Ÿ˜ญ but I hope you enjoy this next part. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
This content was originally posted by: Pookhi

Wow, this looks interesting!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Please PM me when you update. ;)

Thank you!

Thanks Pookhi!
This content was originally posted by: palbhar

Interesting start! Can't wait to read the next update!!!!!!!

Thanks palbhar!
This content was originally posted by: tazzy16

That's an intriguing start Rani! Looking forward for more! 
*hugs*

Thanks Tazzy! I hope the next part keeps your interest too. ๐Ÿ˜›

Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
This content was originally posted by: Taash

"...but a cocktail glass and an oversized orange wedge are insufficient cover..."

Zing! Great start!

Thanks Taash! Glad you liked that line! Wanted to put in a dash of humour in an otherwise serious part.

Thank you yaar!
This content was originally posted by: abhigya2003

Did you ever think about writing a sequel๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜›

To this? Or to Endings?
This content was originally posted by: adventure_gurl

awesome job!

Thanks yaar!
This content was originally posted by: advena

This is probably the first piece of writing on this particular forum I have truly enjoyed. It reminds me of some of the authors on the IPK forum, great flow, the descriptions were wonderful, the self monologue was engrossing and it left me wanting more. Do PM if you update please. 

Thank you Advena! This means so much to me. I agonized pretty hard over this fic so I'm really happy to hear that it touched a chord with you. What is IPK by the way?
putturani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments everyone! It really means a lot to me because for some odd reason I've put a lot of myself into this particular story. And please add me to your buddy list if you'd like a PM for future updates. Hope you enjoy the next part!
---------------------

Part 2 - Meeting

So there she was. After ten months of missing, dreaming, repenting and agonizing, he had finally tracked down his Chashmish. Although from the way his world seemed to come into better focus at the very sight of her, maybe he was the one with the real eye problem. She turned to look at him and suddenly tried to duck behind her glass. Oh my cute Chashmish. Instantly he felt a pang of regret at the nickname, he had lost his rights to use that term months ago. 

But he started walking towards her. He had tracked her down to Nasik for a purpose, and marinating in his own feelings a hundred feet from her was not going to help him achieve it. Coming closer to her though, robbed him of about fifty IQ points. Those doe-like eyes that he still believed made magic; that aquiline nose he was just a touch obsessed with; and the lips he had always thought a little too much about transformed from fragments in his memories to reality, and it was a little too much to handle. I really was short sighted. Why did I never dare to admit how attracted I was to her?

All that pent-up longing, affection, regret and attraction threatened to spill over as he came face to face with her. But she was determinedly staring into the mid-distance, and he realised he needed to do a little more than gape like a fish if he wanted to be acknowledged.

"Hi Pragya." I was right; those eyes do have magic in them.

"Hi." Oh God, this was painful. "But you deserve it" a voice in his head reminded him.

"Is this seat taken?"

A raised eyebrow. "The entire bar is empty." A pointed hint, that. Still, he ignored it and pulled up a chair in front of her. Closer, he could see the grey smudges underneath her eyes. Had this year been as hard for her as it had been for him?

"How have you been?"

"Fine, thank you." She wasn't going to make this easy for him, was she?

"How is everyone at home? I keep hearing about Bulbul from Purab but how is Sarla aunty, Rockstar dadi?"

At the mention of her family, the weariness in her eyes lessened a bit and she almost smiled. "They're doing fine. Mom and dadi are happy that the marriage hall is up and running again. And Bulbul is very happy you've given your approval for their wedding. Thank you for that."

"You've started working again?" She seemed surprised that he was interested but the mention of her job drove away a little bit of the weariness from her eyes and she thawed a little as she told him a little bit about her new job at the university. As happy as he was to hear about her professional satisfaction - he had been worried about her in the aftermath of their separation - he was simply content to just look at her as she spoke. She looked quite different than he remembered her. 

Gone was the chatri and replaced by smart business casuals that displayed an exquisite collarbone that had always been covered by her ever-present dupatta. God, what a beast he was, ogling his estranged wife only two minutes into their conversation. Focus. She seemed not to have noticed the direction of his thoughts and continued speaking.

"How is dadi? I haven't spoken to her for a couple of weeks."

"You keep in touch with her?" He didn't know why he was even surprised. Her concern and genuine love for his dadi was what had drawn him to her in the first place.  But still, his heart warmed. If she still cared for dadi, maybe...he quickly put those thoughts away. Not yet.

She looked a little insulted at his surprise. "Of course! We decided to end our marriage but not my relationship with everyone else. How is everybody?"

"Dadi's fine, she started knitting something new for the baby..." It killed a little him to keep talking about these superficialities but it relieved him too. He had forgotten how long it had been since he had simply talked to someone, and had someone listen back. Abhi's world had narrowed considerably in the past few months. One by one, almost all the people close to him had dropped out of his life. Aliya and Tanu, two of the three most important women in his life had betrayed him in the worst possible way; Pragya, who's place in his life he had just started to understand, had left him; and Aakash had become too busy with Rachna and the baby to talk to him much. Even his beloved dadi, the centre of his very existence, had been so heartbroken to see the failure of her upbringing that she had returned to Ludhiana. Even when she had returned four months later, it was not the same. A little of her sparkle had died at her grandchildren's actions and daughter-in-law's departure. 

Now Abhi only had Purab, but he couldn't bring himself to discuss his own loneliness with his friend who had finally, won some well-deserved happiness in his romantic life. Without realizing it, he told her everything, and the black fog of loneliness starting to part a little. It was only when he came to the news of Tayaji's new business that he realized how long he'd been prattling. "Get to the point, Abhi."

"Actually, dadi is not fine Pragya ... and neither am I." Her head shot up at this. "No, nothing like that. Dadi has aged ten years in the past ten months and I...haven't been the same either." Another raised eyebrow. "You probably think that's a good thing," he admitted ruefully, and continued, when he was still met with silence from her, "Pragya, our ... divorce will be finalised in two months."

He could see the pain in her eyes but her composedness didn't falter. "I'm aware."

A bar wasn't the best place to do this again, but at least it was better than outside a family court. The words had formed a sticky mass in his throat but her expectant face encouraged him. "I'm really, really sorry for how I behaved with you," he choked out. "I know you told me never to come in front of you again..." Did he imagine the flash of regret in her expression? "But I didn't want to leave things between us like that. I wanted to ask for your forgiveness once again."

Her face remained immobile. "Abhishek," she sighed. "I've forgiven you. I've moved on," she stated.. There he had it, his forgiveness, but it felt hollow. Pragya seemed like an impenetrable fortress at the moment, with her arms crossed against her chest and her lips folded in. Still, despite his better judgement, he pressed on.

"Thank you. Pragya, nothing was the same after you left. No one was happy with our divorce and I was wondering if we could perhaps...try again? For dadi's sake, your mom's sake and ...for ours too. We did have fun, remember?" He pulled out the charming smile that he had kept in the vault for too long.

Finally the fortress cracked. "How dare you? How dare you waltz back into my life after so long, just as I was starting to put it back together, to demand your place in it? And just because we had fun'? What do you think of yourself Mr. Rockstar?"

"I just thought - "

"Do you have any idea what you did to me?"

"I do, and I regret it every day."

"No you don't know, you can't know. I lost myself for you. I went from Pragya, the fearless college professor to Mrs. Abhishek Mehra, the woman who would rejoice if her husband ever condescended to look at her instead of his girlfriend," she said bitterly. How had he not even noticed this sea change in her personality before it was too late? "I became so weak that one day I couldn't even recognise myself anymore. I was so naked in my feelings for you that I started hating myself. Even seeing you here today has left me too exposed."

Was that a proclamation of her feelings? He wished he knew but he couldn't think straight when she used words like naked' and exposed' with him. Now all he could imagine was her, standing there, uncovered by those ungodly chatris. But she wasn't done.

"I really can't do this Abhi, for my own self-preservation. I'm too vulnerable in front of you. You have too much power over me, and I have none over you."

An unholy vision of just how much power she could have over him if he placed himself in her hands played through his mind. Focus. He didn't know what he was thinking when he said it, but Abhi had long ago learnt that thinking before acting wasn't really his strong suit. He leaned in, "you want me vulnerable? As you wish."

Edited by putturani - 9 years ago
--simmi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Aww the awkwardness within them when they begin to speak and the way abhi spoke to her! Greatly explained! And and and especially loved the last line! Literally dancing for the next update which I hope will be soon because I am v v v greedy lol! Fantastic part!
advena thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hello!

I'm really glad you've decided to update this, and thank you for the PM! IPK is short for Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. The Arnav Khushi version of the show, not the sorry excuse going on now in IPK2. Personally, I've come across some of the most talented authors on that particular forum, like seriously talented. Arisai, Blue Mystique, Munchy, ReyaBear most of them have left the forum for the most part but at it's peak IPK probably had the most talented fanbase I have seen for a Hindi soap. 

Which is also why the forum basically spoiled me for other forums. I tend to look for the same standard and anything less is a disappointment. On to the update, so Abhi has hunted Pragya down two months before the divorce finally comes through?

I like the open vulnerability you've managed to project through Pragya, that acknowledgement that she was a stronger person before she 'fell in love' and that she recognized the change and felt disgusted with herself because of it. Wow. Beautifully done. 

I'm hoping to see a little more clarity on Abhi's part now. What is he thinking exactly. I mean is he just here because of the deadline, or because he wanted to apologize. Or is there more, are there realizations behind his actions? Anyway, I seem to have written you an essay here ๐Ÿ˜† do continue and update soon! Also, in reference to your authors note- the best pieces of writing are always the one's with a bit of your soul in them.

Thank you again for the PM and update soon!Edited by advena - 9 years ago
adventure_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
awesome, Abhi wants to become putty in her hands, just love it
WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I like that this was in Abhi's point of view and that you had Pragya stand up to him. I can't wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds.

And yeah, you can call me Rose :)
Aafrah-SA thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Puttarani! I love this one~
please please please do update soon, eagerly waiting for the next part! Dying to see abhi vulnerable before Pragya!!!
please PM when you update!~!
I LOVE your style of writing!
Much love to you!