India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

#PKDebate (Page 9)

roni_berna IF-Stunnerz
roni_berna
roni_berna

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
There were so many meaningful things shown in the movie besides religion. 
Gandhi's picture being respected only on the notes and his other pictures have no value. People saying "I love chicken and fish" means that they want to eat it and they don't love it.

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gubbara.

Originally posted by blue-ice

Just checked Subramaniam Swamy's twitter account...and OMG..look at this...Shocked
Fmr. Union Cabinet Minister & MP, Harvard Ph.D in Economics; Professor, 

is this true...Shocked...such a highly educated man and making such IRRESPONSIBLE statements/accusations so openly..challenging the integrity and honesty of the PK team...SMH...

oh, so you didnt know who he is and yet you called him khiskela.
ab aapko mein kya naam dun?

Aapko aur aapki general knowledge ko sashtaang pranam, maate!LOL

Quoting salman...

Aajkal sirf doh he cheezon ke charche hain...
Aamir ki PKStar
Blue ice ki GKStar

Deal with it PutriLOL

And swami ji ka khiskela hai...can be known from the kind of statements he makes...no need to know who he is or his CV...LOL

BTW...PK dekhi ya aise he ladai kar rabi hai sabse?Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Gubbara.ZorZorSe

TheRowdiest IF-Stunnerz
TheRowdiest
TheRowdiest

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
to Defend PK some ppl started using the Muslim Card that its happening bcz Amir is a muslim, now it has backfired 

If a movie is based on religion some ppl will speak against it , handle it carefully ... u can't keep everyone happy ... But some PK supporters started using muslim card 

Edited by TheRowdiest - 30 December 2014 at 4:48pm
TheRowdiest IF-Stunnerz
TheRowdiest
TheRowdiest

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
It happens with every movie ... as per my views PK ppl didn't handle it well 

FIR against 'Oh My God' director, Akshay Kumar for hurting religious sentiments

By Agencies |Posted 09-Nov-2012
 12 0 0 0 0

An FIR has been lodged in Ajmer city against the director and producers of Bollywood film 'Oh My God' for allegedly hurting religious sentiments.

Film director Umesh Shukla, producers Akshay Kumar, Paresh Rawal, Ashvini Yardi and manager of a local cinema hall have been named in the FIR registered at Civil Lines police station in Ajmer, police said on Friday.

They have been booked under Section 295 A (deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings) and Section 298 (uttering words etc with deliberate intent to wound religious feelings) of the IPC. The case was filed last week by one Munna Lal, police said, adding that they are probing the matter.

FIR lodged against Oh My God
An FIR has been lodged in Ajmer city against the director and producers of Bollywood film 'Oh My God' for allegedly hurting religious sentiments. 

This is the second FIR against a Bollywood film for hurting religious sentiments this week. Yesterday, an FIR was lodged at Sadar police station in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district against actor Shah Rukh Khan, his wife Gauri Khan, Karan Johar and others for allegedly hurting religious sentiments by depicting Hindu deity Radha in an inappropriate manner in the film 'Student of the Year'.

On Thursday, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj had said that she would raise the issue of attacks on Hindu beliefs in Bollywood movies in the forthcoming winter session of Parliament and had asked like-minded people from various parties to join hands.

"I came to know about the attack on Hindu beliefs in two recent movies - 'Oh my God' and 'Student of the Year'. In the latter, there are references to Radha not knowing how to dance and being invited to the dance floor to learn dancing. Why is it that the attack in films is only on Hindu beliefs and on names like Sita, Radha and Kaushalya," she had asked at the time. 

- See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/fir-against-oh-my-god-director-akshay-kumar-for-hurting-religious-sentiments/188426#sthash.wMtEzsJ5.dpuf

Petition against release of 'Oh My God'

Thursday, 27 September 2012 - 5:45pm IST | Agency: IANS
    The Akshay Kumar-starrer has run into rough weather with a writ filed in the chief judicial magistrate's court here seeking a ban on the film as it allegedly hurts sentiments of the Hindu community.

Forthcoming Bollywood film Oh My God starring Akshay Kumar, has run into rough weather with a writ filed in the chief judicial magistrate's court here seeking a ban on the film as it allegedly hurts sentiments of the Hindu community.

The petition, filed by Pramod Pandey Wednesday, contended that the film showed actorParesh Rawal mixing whisky in Ganga jal and spitting on an 'aarti' plate. Pandey also alleged that Rawal, at a certain point in the film, says that diseases like AIDS are spread due to temples.

The petitioner has also sought registration of cases against Akshay and Paresh Rawal and director Umesh Shukla.

Chief Judicial Magistrate Intekhab Alam has sought a report on the matter from the Hazratganj police. The next date of hearing the matter has been fixed for Oct 4.

HINDU ORGANISATIONS HOLD PROTEST AGAINST FILM OH MY GOD

Hindu organisations hold protest against film Oh My God

Hindu organisations hold protest against film Oh My God
    September 28
    12:122012
    -Print This Article

SAANJ NEWS

omg-oh-my-godChandigarh: Hindu activists are up in arms against Akshay Kumar-starrer Oh My God and held a protest in Patiala against the movie.

Members of many radical Hindu organizations tore the film posters in Patiala and raised slogans against the film actors and producers claiming that it hurt the sentiments of the community. They also warned the producers to remove the objectionable scenes from the film or they would not allow it to run in state cinema halls.

Due to protests by several organisations over alleged derogatory references to Hindu deities, the Akshay Kumar-Paresh Rawal movie OMG Oh My God!' could not be screened in major cities of Punjab, even as it was released worldwide on Friday.

The movie could not be screened at Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Nawanshahr, Hoshiarpur and one or two other places of Punjab. In the rest of the circuit that covers Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pardesh, no protest was noticed.

Tags

_Darling_ IF-Sizzlerz
    _Darling_
    _Darling_

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
    Originally posted by Naya-hai-wah

sach kadwa hota hai...some people just cant digest the truth...we are not living in 16th century...the film does not question any religion but reflects only the reality...no one had the guts to tell the truth

I think it is very stupid people are fighting making it seem like the film is targeting a religion just because Aamir is a Muslim. They are making it seem like this is one religion problem. The fact is though all organized religions are corrupt with such fake clerics who brainwash the majority and majority blindly listen.

If the movie conveyed this point somehow, then good for them. 
    -enchanted- IF-Dazzler
    -enchanted-
    -enchanted-

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
    Its funny how Indians have to prove their secularism. It doesnt matter if the audience has been loving three Khans for more than 20 years and has kept them on top in this unfickle industry, one protest against their work, and they become traumatised victims of minority religion. PK isnt the first movie to be protested against and nor will it be the last. There were protest against Bombay, Earth, Water, Fire, Jodha Akba,Oh My God,Haider, heck even Hate Story 2. And these movies had Hindu actors/directors at their helm. Even a book by Wendy Dongier on Hinduism was banned due to protests by hard liners. There have been protests against leading fashion brands for disrespectful representation of Indian Gods/Goddesses. When you dealing with a sensitive/ controversial issue like religion which effects so many people there are bound to be few ruffled feathers and you should be prepared for that. Right to protest peacefully is as democratic as right to freedom of expresdion. Just as makers have the right and liberty to pick up any subject matter, people too have the right to protest if it offends them. But the protest should be in a peaceful manner and shouldnt infringe on creative freedom of the makers. If certain sections are opposing PK its because they are not happy with subject matter, and those who are trying to give it a communal colour by bringing the religion of lead actor are no better than the hardliners protesting against the movie. Both Raju Hirani and Aamir Khan have received equal no of bouquets/brickbats irrespeective of their religion.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shrikrishnaFiery.Fawkes

Bazigar Goldie
    Bazigar
    Bazigar

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
    1. First separate it from public protest . How general public treat Amir is not relevant here when we speak about these groups. Do general public have any issue about the movie , popularity of movie reflect no.  It is by organised communal groups carried out by groups like VHP , bajrang dal etc.

If we are speaking about them then yes for them content of movie is contentious just like any other movie , so also out of the many reason one is the identity of Amir.  Just few instances how they target him .

1. A complaint will go soon to initiate action under PMLA on Aamir Khan & co for laundering terrorist finance. I hope MoF does not block it.

Do any other movie they vendalised earlier tagged as terrorist funded ? Do any other movie they target say paresh rawal etc by linking ISI etc.

2. Bajrang Dal and Vishwa Hindu Parishad activists intruded into Shree Talkies in Uttar Pradesh on Sunday evening and disrupted the screening of the film. They even advised Aamir to go to Pakistan.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.in/pk-peekay-controversies-how-fans-reacted-protests-against-aamir-khan-starrer-reactions-618601
    Now do anyone advising any other actor associated in movie , or  producer - director to go to pakistan . We may do hawa mai baat say nothing like this happen , but ground level reality is different.

We will get nth number of instances like this

3. Amir himself forced to give clarification as question raised on him.

While the right wing leaders lashed out at Aamir insinuating that he "insulted" Hindu religion because he was a Muslim, the actor has said, "We respect all religions. All my Hindu friends have seen the film and they have not felt the same".

"Even Raju (Hirani) is Hindu, so is Vinod (Chopra) and so is Abhijat (Joshi). In fact 99 per cent of the crew was Hindu. No one would have done such a thing," the actor said, referring to the director, producer and the scriptwriter of the film.

Now if we want to accept the reality or bury head in the sand depends on us .

Edited by Bazigar - 30 December 2014 at 11:57pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

Fiery.Fawkes Goldie

Posted: 30 December 2014 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
    THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

shrikrishna-enchanted-ChannaMereya

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
    Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
    Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
    Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index